Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I think they just set up an arc for the original 3 to go together on at least no?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

We haven't seen Mazino in a long time

Baby

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

ToG makes as much sense as One Piece and is also kind of fun in many of the same ways imo.

I do think it's getting too big, too fast, too many characters etc. The story gets to be the most fun when its Bam, Kuhn, Rak back together or at least showing up together in chapters etc. I wish a few more of the very early characters would come back more often at least. It's all still fun but yeah sometimes it's overwhelming.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Jerkface posted:

to me the coolest part of the setting is like the princesses & the ignition weapons & the big fishies & the other irregulars and it sucks that we've gotten so far away from all that.

I want the princess characters to come back and be part of the cast :(

The thing I care abotu the least is all this "army group" non-sense. I could not give less of a poo poo about who is in charge of the "4th army group" or whatever.

Totally agree

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Kefahuchi_son!!! posted:

Have we? My perception is that, except the ignition weapons, every one of those things you mentioned has been featured proeminently this arc, and the omnipresence of the workshop doings along with the emphasis on soul shennanigans might prove relevant to the weapons.

The appeal of the tower it's being this gigantic, impossible, unknowable thing, not making sense is a feature.
Although i like the plot just fine i think it's the setting that really makes it shine.

I can see how the 4th army stuff people complain could feel dull per se, but, for me, it barely feels like a plot and it's so woven in all the mysteries and background of everything that i don't mind.

Im more or less with you except that character bloat has def been a thing and the current arc kind of running right out of the past one, has been going on for a looong time and is getting a bit stale.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Shugojin posted:

God the official translation just keeps getting worse lmao

It really does. I used to read it every week right when it came out and now I find myself only taking a look once a month or so. Really sucks and directly kills the enthusiasm I've had for ToG for a long time.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Honestly if they want an S3 they'll timeskip / flashback a lot of that. It was important for development but it was a really long slog of Bam wandering alone etc that would probably be a pretty boring second season.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

Frankly I think they have a lot of room to work with SIU on canon filler material going over what the other group was doing.

I think if they can keep it up with the first season in quality, regardless of choices it should go down as a hit.

Yeah good call.

I thought they did well. I think the 1st season of GOHS though hit it out of the park. Both were good and I was more excited that ToG got the adaptation but drat GOHS was a fun 1st season IMO.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

No Wave posted:

Really liking this season. I know it makes me a bad ToG fan but my enjoyment of the series is exactly proportional to how many S1 characters are currently involved in the plot.

Nah its good, they did a good job building up those relationships early on so its nice to see them finally back.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

No Wave posted:

SIU needs to go back and retcon what Yasracha did to the beastkin. He killed half (thousands? tens of thousands?) of them in the most disgusting way possible this cute bedsheet stuff doesnt work for me. I think its the most horrible thing anyone has done in the series by far, even beating White.

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I enjoy ToG a lot but yeah I can only binge it so I just go in like 2-3x per year and catch up all at once.