Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Andy Daly's appearances becoming involuted LORE was bad although he's been slowly backing off from that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

I'm just gonna say it. PFT's characters are pretty boring

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
what the gently caress

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

limp dick calvin posted:

what the gently caress

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe

grittyreboot posted:

I'm just gonna say it. PFT's characters are pretty boring

Ok *takes a deep breath*. What the gently caress?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

And this Scott guy isn’t much of an interviewer. Every week i tune in looking for the latest Hollywood goss from the hottest celebs and it feels like he’s not taking this seriously at all

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
podcasts are for the birds imo

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Waterbed Wendy posted:

podcasts are for the birds imo

the animal kingdom's podcast

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Ainsley McTree posted:

And this Scott guy isn’t much of an interviewer. Every week i tune in looking for the latest Hollywood goss from the hottest celebs and it feels like he’s not taking this seriously at all

I see the problem, you've not checked out the Hollywood Facts.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Maybe you all need to listen to the podcast through headphones, as this was one of the most intelligible characters Gil has ever played with a voice machine. Missed a few lines, but it wasn't too hard to make out what he was saying.

His bit at the end of "Scott let's grab brunch" into Glass taking him up on it and him pausing before "Actually, I'm going to pass on that one", fantastic.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

https://twitter.com/gilozeri/status/1782447714783134197

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Maybe you all need to listen to the podcast through headphones, as this was one of the most intelligible characters Gil has ever played with a voice machine. Missed a few lines, but it wasn't too hard to make out what he was saying.

His bit at the end of "Scott let's grab brunch" into Glass taking him up on it and him pausing before "Actually, I'm going to pass on that one", fantastic.

Or, you know, don't rely on a voice changing gimmick for a podcast.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

CCB, famously a podcast not about gimmicks

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I don't mind a gimmick if it adds something, but I'm not sure if it did for that particular character.

I really liked Matt Besser's appearance on the last bonus episode. The stomach noises were a funny idea for someone trying to do a serious interview, but distracting everyone else.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

TheWevel posted:

Or, you know, don't rely on a voice changing gimmick for a podcast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8DWUq1AXmk

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

That’s still one of the best bits from CBB; I get why Brendan Smalls quit doing Victor & Tiny but I miss those poor hapless guys so much

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

On the one hand it’s probably not good for a white dude to be playing those characters but on the other hand we got the victor podcast out of it so it’s a wash at worst

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
A favourite part of this episode was how genuinely worried Glass seemed that he had been boasting about having opened for Tosh.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If I got bumped off that flight there’s no way I’d be showing up to the gig that night. The guy who took my seet can loving do it.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I would love to see Todd's show in NYC. I can't imagine contributing money to fund its production, though. Especially without the guarantee of a ticket.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Daly is still a welcome name to see on an episode, but not like the early days. He's sticking to his stable of characters and not breaking new ground with them.

All the stuff with Byron Denniston and the Griz got tedious as hell after a while. He used to be my favorite guest, but this is basically how I feel about a lot of his appearances over the last few years :regd08:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
Learned League has a one-day set of questions about CBB today

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Empty Sandwich posted:

Learned League has a one-day set of questions about CBB today

Easy 12/12 this morning :)

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Sharparoni posted:

Easy 12/12 this morning :)

literally the fastest I've ever answered an entire set

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
a shameful 9/12 over here

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Empty Sandwich posted:

a shameful 9/12 over here

Someone else couldn’t think of I, Tonya either?

I got 10.5, but I’ve been told they don’t do half pounds so we’re going to have to go rogue with our scores.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

You're telling me multiple people in this thread are part of an online trivia league you gotta pay to be in?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Easily my favorite episode of Hi(Nes)! I'm Prov to Meet You so far. Feels like it's really settling in.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Mons Hubris posted:

You're telling me multiple people in this thread are part of an online trivia league you gotta pay to be in?

and not just once, like some places you have to pay to join!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

feedmyleg posted:

Easily my favorite episode of Hi(Nes)! I'm Prov to Meet You so far. Feels like it's really settling in.

As soon as I saw Todd Padre, feminist, was listed I knew I had to listen.

I hope he does his murder mystery thing again at some point, it was a bunch of fun.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Mons Hubris posted:

sup

12/12 but I may have butchered spelling zouk's last name so wrong I don't get points

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
my first and I think only 12/12 was the Achewood one

I was 66th percentile :psypop:

it always surprises me that there are so many LL people here even though it shouldn't

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Empty Sandwich posted:

my first and I think only 12/12 was the Achewood one

I was 66th percentile :psypop:

it always surprises me that there are so many LL people here even though it shouldn't

I also remember the Achewood one.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

EL BROMANCE posted:

As soon as I saw Todd Padre, feminist, was listed I knew I had to listen.

I hope he does his murder mystery thing again at some point, it was a bunch of fun.

I really liked the murder mystery one too but it feels like he backed himself into a corner that he’s probably holding himself to

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

SpacePig posted:

fuckin lol

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

SpacePig posted:

loool

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Any of you weird trivia people care to share the questions for the rest of us comedy bang bang plebs?

Sharparoni
Jan 11, 2004

THE MOST EXCITING MASCOT IN THE LAST 4000 YEARS OF COLLEGE SPORTS

Fezz posted:

Any of you weird trivia people care to share the questions for the rest of us comedy bang bang plebs?

1. There would be no Comedy Bang Bang! without Paul F. Tompkins who has made more apperances on the show than anyone else.

Whilst in recent times he concentrated on playing original characters such as Floridian vigilante JW Stillwater and death faker Al A Peterson (AKA The Smooth Criminal), he began by mostly embodying real life celebrities such as Buddy "Cake Boss" Valastro, Werner Herzog and Garry Marshall.

Which of PFT's characters, almost certainly his longest running, is an English lord, musical theatre empresario, and a lover of saying words properly, such as calling Scott Scottrick? He has made recent appearances around the subject of him composing a song for King Charles III's coronation. (76% correct) Andrew Lloyd Webber

2. Which actress and improvisor is the second most frequent guest on CBB, and, along with Scott and PFT, a member of the Pretzel Gang on the podcast Threedom? Unfairly Razzie nominated in 2021 for her very committed performance in The Wrong Missy, her CBB characters include Ho Ho the Naughty Elf, Scott's middle school aged nephew Todd, and the Claire's earpiercer Traci Reardon. (79% correct) Lauren Lapkus

3. Heynongman! Should Scott ever die, the show will be taken over by which actor, How Did This Get Made? podcaster and frequent CBB co-host? Though he may be best known for roles in The League, Brooklyn Nine Nine, The Good Place and John Wick Chapter 3 - Parabellum, it was revealed on CBB that he is actually a character himself, performed by thespian Jeffrey Characterwheaties. (80% correct) Jason Mantzoukas

4. In 2013, Zach Galifianakis and Jon Daly visited the show to tell Scott about their fan club for a rock band, and Jon sung some of what he claimed to be a new comeback single for the band.

Prior to the following year's Super Bowl (the half time show of which was being headlined by the band and Bruno Mars), Daly released a full version of this single, entitled Abracadabralifornia, causing many people, and even some media publications, to believe it was a new leaked song.

Name the band being parodied in this clip. (95% correct) Red Hot Chili Peppers

5. A 2020 article by Vulture listed the 103 best characters in Comedy Bang Bang! history, with the top character being named as the frustrated songwriter Leo Carpazzi.

Played by SoCal surfer dude and Doughboys podcast host Nick Wiger, Leo is a man irate that his greatest work was sanitised for mass audiences, and he comes on the podcast every few years (usually around the end of October) to perform a new song that will will make up for his past. Much to Scott's chagrin (who, falsely, claims CBB is "not that kind of show"), Leo proceeds to perform his original song with no changes whatsoever.

Name either the original title of Leo's song or the title it was released as in 1962, a perenial novelty favourite performed by a man whose actual middle name was George, not Boris. (86% correct) The Monster gently caress/The Monster Mash

6. Scott has been touted as a possible replacement for Lorne Michaels when he ends his long tenure at Saturday Night Live, due to his nuturing of up-and-coming comedic talent. However, this might be difficult if it requires Scott to watch performers' one person shows...

Which SNL cast member, who joined the show as a featured played in 2018 and has been main cast since 2020, luckily already made it onto the NBC stalwart, despite Scott missing her 2017 one woman show Great Black Women...And Then There's Me on multiple occassions? Whilst none of her CBB characters have crossed over onto SNL, there is certainly a shared energy between Entrée PeeE Neur and Lisa From Temecula. (71% correct) Ego Nwodim

7. As Scott is usually busy hosting the podcast, he rarely has opportunity to play characters on the show himself, but there are some exceptions.

One of Scott's most recurring characters is a 97-year-old caricaturist at Six Flags, with a non-specific accent formed by living in all 50 states.

What is the unusual name of this character, very similar to that of the pictured character actor of films such as On Golden Pond, Tootsie and You've Got Mail but with a gender neutral surname. (50% correct) Dabney Coleperson

8. When CBB: The Podcast evolved into CBB: The TV show in 2012, the show took on a classic late night talk show format complete with a house band, though that band consisted of just one person.

When that one musical comedian (and performer of the Comedy Bang! Bang! theme tune) was poached to be bandleader on an actual late night show, he was replaced for the back half of Season 4 by the rapper and singer of the songs Day 'n' Nite and Pursuit of Happiness.

That performer then found himself busy for the 5th season and was replaced by a legendary musical artist and accordian player.

Name all 3 of these bandleaders in order. (68% correct) Reggie Watts / Kid Cudi / Weird Al Yankovic

9. According to Mike Hanford's version of him, which musician decided to come back to life in 1984, four years after being shot, possibly because he'd heard great things about the movie Ghostbusters?

Wanting to keep his resurrection secret from his wife (mostly because he has a beret of hers he doesn't want to return), he drives around the country in his winnebago, hoping to go fast enough one day to jump the Grand Canyon. Confusingly his catchphrase is "Drums!" despite not being the drummer in his band. Scott has repeatedly asked him to perform a song on the show and he has refused, but we live in hope that his first album as Whistlin' Pete will be released soon. (88% correct) John Lennon

10. Just as Friends had The One With... and Community had its fake college classes, the CBB TV show also had its own specific episode naming convention.

What word appears in the title of every episode of the TV show, following the name of the main celebrity guest and preceeding an element of their appearance? (56% correct) wears

11. The end of year 'Best Of' shows with Scott and PFT tend to total around 10 hours in length over four episodes, the majority of which is not clips from the year past, but just the two of them going off on tangent after tangent.

In one such 2015 riff, they decided that the following year they should record a festive song about refraining from joking about a 2004 Will Smith movie and, unlike with their promise to update the 'Best Of' countdown numbers, they pulled through to perform the song in 2016.

Then, in 2017, they went one further and performed a new version, saying you shouldn't joke about a similarly titled Margot Robbie film of that year.

Name the two movies that you shouldn't joke about this, or any other, Christmas (60% correct) I, Robot / I, Tonya

12. Scott has long said that, if he were to give a letter grade to anything, there are only three options to choose because all you need to know is if something is average, below average, or above average. As such, please give me, and this quiz, Scott's most positive rating. (34% correct) C+

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

I scored 100%, did not expect that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I got 10.5 right forgot about I, Tonya, and I don’t remember that last one at all.

Also lol I forgot about that Jon Daly song