Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I don't think that was Hussie throwing a real fit, but his way of admitting "Yeah, this is getting to be some bullshit right here" and injecting some humor. Ironically.

Which is kinda a thing you might have noticed he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

quote:

DAVE: but dave what if that dope as hell plan falls through i can hear you ask
DAVE: plan b
DAVE: involves drawing some lovely cartoons
DAVE: and not giving a gently caress about stuff

Dave is the best of all characters. :c00lbert:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Doc Uzuki posted:

Back in November my girlfriend told me she saw "one of those candy corn aliens" on a bus in Portland. I asked her what zodiac sign was on his shirt and she said it didn't look like any of the signs. Also there weren't any cons in town that week. So, someone cosplaying a fantroll, without even a con or Halloween as an excuse.

Goddammit, Homestuck fanbase...

Sometimes you seriously make me ashamed to like a webcomic.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The best way to handle this would have been "not at all". It's a goddamn webcomic, who gives a poo poo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So has a Prospit version of Jack ever been shown?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
code:
A coward who dualwields Nic Cage.
Wielding not one, but two Nic Cages* would be unstoppable. The only thing that could defeat Lord English perhaps?

*Ghost Rider and Wicker Man obviously.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cabbit posted:

He could not possibly have been thinking that far ahead.

You say that now, but...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RickoniX posted:

I suddenly understand ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING

I have surpassed "absolutely everything". I have become unto a god.

I understand... ABSOLUTELY JACK poo poo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bobulus posted:

Dante Basco reading Homestuck finally pays off:

http://rufiozuko.tumblr.com/post/24055423803/dave-talkin-to-jade-sh-t-was-funny-just-felt

I haven't listened to it yet, since I'm at work, but it's apparently the guy who played Rufio and Zuko (who, as you probably know, has been reading Homestuck) voice-acting Dave in a conversation with Jade, for funsies.

Can someone post a link to the pesterlog he's reading?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Commutator posted:

I don't mean to shamelessly plug myself or anything, but I've been running a freeform Homestuck RP with some friends during the hiatus and I've been making some art and animations to go along with it and posting them on my tumblr. So feel free to take a look if you're interested in seeing some Hardcore Homestuck Homage (or triple-H as I'm fond of calling it).

http://thewasteofbreath.tumblr.com/

I'm pretty sure no one cares about your fanfics, bro.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

King of Solomon posted:

It's the role Gamzee filled.

I thought he destroyed with rage.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Seoinin posted:

Oh hey look another fake out. Man that schtick sure is fresh.

You should probably just stop now if you think Hussie is every going to give that gag up.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Weird request, I know, but can anyone help me out? Does anyone have the picture with every troll labeled as "Vriska?" from John's point of view? I feel its especially poignant now.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Vriska's plan is foolproof and anyone who says otherwise is just jealous of how awesome she is, obviously.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I... don't think Hussie is ok, guys. I think this is a cry for help.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I thought it was funny and then proceeded to not give a poo poo about greater racial implications.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ablative posted:

You like not dying to toxic fumes? Smell tells you they're there, so you can abscond the gently caress out of them.

Carbon-monoxide and natural gas are both odorless, and so are lots of other toxic fumes. Nice try, bro, but smell sucks.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hackbunny posted:

"Caucasian". Ugh. Of course it had to be a stupid fandom injoke/troll. Almost dickwolves level as a sorry attempt at a SJW troll

You heard it here folks, being white is almost as bad as rape. Whelp!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

change my name posted:

I'm glad the October artist so readily embraced the "fat Jane" canon.

She's not all that fat, though? :confused:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Plom Bar posted:

Dirk and Dave are about on equal levels with me.

:ssh:In that I generally prefer most of the current active cast to them

From a page back, but I'm still curious what it's like to have such a fundamentally wrong opinion?

(Dave owns)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

DaveKap posted:

Here's a fun game.

How long can you watch this video of a Homestuck cosplayer, who calls her Meenah cosplay "A Sea Hitler Troll," trying to find a date?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJJ3XmCJtoU

I cringed so hard I hurt my neck.

I got to the part where she starts explaining troll cosplay to the adorable old couple she takes care of and I had to stop.

Meema and Pop-Pop don't deserve that. :(

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I would just like to say that all you people that bitched, and moaned, and went on endless back and forths on the morality of ghost-mindcontrol for the past three or four pages. You guys. You are all personally responsible for this and the next few updates. I hope you all feel very proud. :colbert:

-EDIT-

gently caress, you people are still doing it despite the update. Holky gently caress.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cabbit posted:

Yeah, seriously. This is gonna be awesome.

I've loved all the pirate updates, Vriska mind-control and everything. But I forsee stormy weathers for this thread in the coming weeks because of it...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Omnomnomnivore posted:

I think it's a legitimate complaint

There's no such thing as a legitimate complaint when it involves people not being the right kind of cosplay for your ~anime purity~.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm confused at all the "Oh no, Terezi, you're healed! How terrible!" posts.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I get that Terezi saw her blindness not as a handicap, but as part of who she is, but part of growing up is changing one's self-identity as you progress from a child to an adult. I just don't think we should jump to the conclusion that this is a bad thing just yet, at least not until Terezi explains herself.

But this isn't worth getting into arguments over, sooooo...

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Wrist Watch posted:

Is anyone else not finding the meta-commentary in this latest intermission funny right now? It just feels kind of obnoxious and forced, like he's doing it because it's a joke he's been doing so he has to do it now.

Nope, I'm loving this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's been fun, guys. At least we got a lot of great avatars out of this thread. (Not me though, ain't nothin makin' me give up on the stairs, bro.)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Dave has used unbroken swords before, and uses his time powers to rewind broken swords to when they were whole again.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Not that this conversation isn't interesting, but wouldn't it belong better in a thread in Games?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Still, it also isn't related to Homestuck. I think the game is hella rad, I just think discussion belongs elsewhere.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Taking it to the Kickstarter thread sounds good. But it sure as hell doesn't belong in the Homestuck thread.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I hope the game is just a front for Hussie releasing Dirk's version of Pony Pals. :allears:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That is some STERN GRANDMOTHERLY DISAPPROVAL right there.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

starfish prime posted:

The timing would be perfect for Supergiant. I just wish we had any idea what kind of game it was. "Adventure" is about as ambiguous as you can get, and I'm going to be much less excited about it if it tends towards Myst rather than Zelda.

Then prepare to be disappointed. Zelda is Action-Adventure, while Adventure is much more akin to Sierra games, Sam and Max, Walking Dead, or the Walkabouts we've had in Homestuck. Adventure is a pretty well-defined genre.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The panel of Dave and the MayoR in airplane mode would make such a great avatar.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

RandallODim posted:

It would, wouldn't it...

God if only I had money to get it myself.

With a background:

I bought this for a newly registered buddy, so don't no one take it!

(the non-background one anyway)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Triskelli posted:

I like to think that there was at least •some• modicum of affection there, if only because Alpha John as "Poppop" remained an cheery goofball despite growing up with )(IC. She must have REALLY enjoyed good pranks and bad puns.

Pranks and puns are basically the cornerstone of villainy. Hell, the very names of 90% of villains in pop culture are puns! Puns are the best.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cavatica posted:

Both are correct. Caliborn entered the session when the kernalsprites formed a black hole. He and the entire planet (B2 Earth) were sucked into a Dead session. Once he unlocked the planet with Hussie and Gamzee's help, he made the Choice. This caused Skaia to explode into another black hole, and the shittiest game of pool was played.

Wasn't it more of a cross of Snooker and Pool, since he had to sink them in order?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bobulus posted:

3) Genetically, one could be stronger than the other.
Genetically they are identical.