Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Oxxidation posted:

Karkat's been hiding it from him. Guess we'll detonate that dramabomb when we come to it.

Yeah... it will be a real "drama" "bomb."

CG: HEY SORRY ABOUT THIS BUT YOUR BEST PSYCHO FRIEND VRISKA IS DEAD.
EB: oh no, :(
EB: that sucks, oh well.
AA: actually you can probably visit her in a dream bubble.
EB: oh! yay!
CG: OH GOD DAMNIT WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Arrhythmia posted:

We still don't know who's killing them,

creationist believer posted:

Apparently they're crying out because they're being slaughtered

I think it is the Green Sun that is killing them. If a giant fireball suddenly just appeared right beside you, you too would be quite perturbed. They are stuck having it created because if they don't, Beta Timeline, gently caress you, it's created anyways hahahahah eat poo poo Horrorterrors

It is not Lord English himself, because he is too busy actually being in the universe, and eating it or whatever he does.

So the Horrorterrors are stuck creating the thing that kills them, so their only way out of it is to get a bunch of people who can destroy it. So to ensure that they have the best chance of destroying it, they get those people to be the ones who create it. Then they are already right there, ready to undo all their hard work.

life_source
May 11, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Well, there's not necessarily anything preventing anyone at the Green Sun Pajama Party from entering the Post-Scratch Universe's Sburb session, it seems to be an issue of navigation more than anything else.

Dave is like... a master Farthest Ring navigator though. And now he is all pajama'd up too.

life_source
May 11, 2008

JT Jag posted:

TC: THERE'S NO MORE FAYGO LEFT. Do:
TC: it's all gone :o(
TC: IT ISN'T THAT BAD THOUGH
TC: that poo poo is poison
TC: )o:
TC: honk
TC: HONK

What.

It's just soda. Not great, but not that bad either. What's the big deal?

We all need to settle down here.

life_source
May 11, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Come on, troll television has normal short names, like Thresh Prince. It's only their movies that have really long titles.

It's an OVA you PHILISTINE UNCULTURED SWINE.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Lady of the Beech posted:

Wait, why did he start with the dreamers on Prospit? You'd think that since he comes from Derse it would be easier to start with the dreamers on Derse.

Unless the dreamers have already left Derse so that he can't find them?

It's almost like there is a game-like mechanic where the Dersites cannot go into or get near the Derse dreamers towers. Otherwise every single session would end prematurely when Jack or one of his subordinates or even just a bunch of mooks go up the towers and kill the sleepers.

This doesn't seem to carry over to the Prospit towers, because when would a Dersite ever get to Prospit? :v:

life_source
May 11, 2008

JT Jag posted:

Yeah I freaked out there for a second. A gasp may have been released.

I actually completely missed the additional page and just sort of sat there for a moment, shocked.

Man was I relived when I finally came out of my reverie, noticed, and clicked the next page.

Dad is such a great character despite not have any dialogue. There is something about his actions that speak volumes. The blank face does not detract from it at all.

Gnome de plume posted:

Pfeh, it would take some type of nigh-omnipotent murder-happy agent of destruction to get the better of Dad. Quite frankly, the notion strikes me as preosterous.

This is still one of my favourite scenes in the whole of the comic. Jack KNOWS Dad is a huge badass, and it is only after he is invincible that he decides to take him on.

life_source fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 14, 2012

life_source
May 11, 2008

thanks alot assbag posted:

Come to think of it, that's the same gun Mom had in [S] Descend

Dad confirmed for Cakekind?

His afternoon cakes aren't for eating. They are for murder

Dad has Jokerkind. He can wield anything.

ANYTHING.

Fist? Check. Cake? Check. Shaving Cream? Check. Air? Check. Disappointment? Check. You? Check.

life_source
May 11, 2008

That chat log went from really funny to really sad pretty quickly.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Karkat is a complete mess without Egbert around to act as his foil.

John, worst friend.

:(

life_source
May 11, 2008

JamJars posted:

Good lord this has been a productive week for the fandom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksdhHUGeDAA

This would have been a lot better if it was longer. There are still a lot of crazy cool things Hussie has done that could have been added.

Wizardology, humanimals, the Olive garden.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

Karkat really should have a one-on-one with Rose, she seems like the only person who would treat his inner thoughts seriously. But Rose is always around others that she gets along with like Kanaya and especially Dave, so it may never happen.

I get the feeling Rose was trying to do that when she offered the couch to Karkat.

Karkat is having none of that poo poo.

life_source fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 17, 2012

life_source
May 11, 2008

The best part about this?

Dave's God Tier outfit has slippers as part of the ensemble.

life_source
May 11, 2008

XkyRauh posted:

I thought there were Spats in there, too?

Wouldn't his black spats cover over his grey shoes, as opposed to his grey slippers covering over his black socks? That's how I am seeing it.

Plus he just admitted that his God Tier outfit are pajamas. Have you ever heard of a decent set of pajamas not including slippers? I think not :colbert:.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

Your name is SQUIDDLY SAM. Today happens to be your BIRTHDAY, and BIRTHDAY CARDS from your 47 best bosom buddies are strewn across the floor. Your INTERESTS include FRIENDSHIP, HUGGING, and PUNCTUAL BEDTIMES. You also enjoy observing and playing with a variety of FRIENDLY AQUATIC FAUNA. Sometimes you go ashore to meet your HUMAN FRIENDS in order to play and learn about IMPORTANT LIFE LESSONS.

What will you do?

> Quickly retrieve tentacles from floor.

You've already got tentacles, my friendly chum!

life_source
May 11, 2008

YggiDee posted:

If Meenah believes that she is dead because her plan worked, do you think maybe that plan was the A1 Scratch?

I am almost thinking the plan somehow involves that and the pink moon. It kind of seems like the area here is the pink moon, maybe?

Something like
Start Scratch -> Die -> Somehow transfer your deadself/ghost to the pink moon -> Live, dead, forever on some weird dreambubble/furthest ring/pink moon hell.

The Pink Moon has a lot of strange connections. We don't know anything about it, other then it has been there since the start of Act 5, that Rose and Roxy have pink text, and that it was between them at the end of Roxy's Dream Bubble romp flash.

life_source fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Mar 25, 2012

life_source
May 11, 2008

Walliard posted:

Well, it would likely be most embarassing for the duck.

Holy crap THANK YOU.

Some people just really don't understand the depths this has.

EDIT: vvvvv And thank you too!

life_source fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Mar 26, 2012

life_source
May 11, 2008

SexyBrianPuppet posted:

Killing off Equius was a terrible narrative decision because it led to there being no more Equius. This is objectively a bad thing for a story to have.

Wrong.

Equius is now writing the STRONGest slam poetry known to man or troll in the furthest ring. With a harem of robo-Aradia's.

This is objectively a good thing for the story to have.

life_source
May 11, 2008

I took me until Bec Noir to really start enjoying the new album. Still great, but give me a week of listening to it straight so I can properly compare with Universe A.

Has there been any word on getting new Universe A Side One Indigo and Purple songs? It feels so weird to jump straight from Cobalt to Violet. There is a hole in my listening pattern, and I want to fill it.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Renaissance Robot posted:

Pirate music ==> pirate music, not sure how this doesn't flow??? (I didn't hear it until after those tracks got taken out though, so)

It is not a flowing problem. There is a hole where sweaty robot soldier music and creepy dark clown murderer music should be.

EDIT: vvvvv The problem is that there is a hole, and I drat well want someone to write some sweet tunes for me to jam out too.

life_source fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 14, 2012

life_source
May 11, 2008

Interesting how when John first went into the Medium, there were imps running around immediately, and his Exile was immediately yelling at him.

Jane has neither of these. The lack of an exile makes a bit more sense because of the future of Earth, but it is still an interesting comparison.

Will Roxy have a combat heavy walk around to mirror Rose's calm one?
Will Dirk spend a long time debating with the Auto Responder about what to prototype his sprite with to mirror Dave's future self taking the decision away from current Dave?
Will Jake be awake to mirror Jade being asleep?

life_source
May 11, 2008

Color Printer posted:

Unless you mean in general, in which case well poo poo yeah. I think that goes from "unwinnable" to "Sburb has performed an illegal operation and needs to close".

This is how they will defeat Lord English.

Imagine the flash. Skaia is just sitting there, glowing slightly... then everything gets darker, and darker, and Skaia's colours change from blue and white to grey and grey, then black and red, then Windows XP theme blue and grey. Then everything starts freaking out like when the game disk was scratched.

Zoom in to Lord English, his eyes freaking out. Then they slow down, slowly, slowly, then two 8 balls, then two cue balls. A single tear falls runs down his cheek, dripping off his gold tooth. In the reflection of the tear drop, Jake, looking confused, then Hussie laughing.

Flash ends, que up Jailbreak: Second Incarceration.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Color Printer posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought it was pretty weird that the blue branch was in the shot but then I read this, went back and looked and it's not there near the beginning. :aaaaa:

We are already used to weird stuff growing up out of the staircase into the room, so I saw it and did not even give it a second thought.

But the something about the room seemed off still. The colours are wrong, ohhhhh, Terezi's tree.

It is also interesting how all the dream bubbles we have see so far a connected.
Roxy trapped in the void -> John and Meenah and dream Roxy -> Dave and Karkat Statler and Waldorf-ing John.
Terezi and Aranea in Terezi's tree -> Terezi's tree encroaching on Jake's room.

Will they all eventually meet? Or will they keep barely skirting past each other?

life_source
May 11, 2008

Yes.

gently caress Yes.

Hell.

loving.

Yes.

Two of my favourite things in Homestuck. Spades SlickJack Noir and Jailbreak.

I hope after Homestuck finishes Hussie takes a break and does another ridiculous and insane Jailbreak. Just a short one.

EDIT: ^^^^^ Isn't there some fanart of the Problem Sleuth Characters as Prospitians? I want to say it is from some of the background art used in [S]Descend.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Ayana posted:

You know, I can't help but think that CD is a lot sharper than he lets on. It's winking, not to mention he's like the only one who managed to kill any of the kids.

He just pretends to be a little doufus so nobody actually expects him to do any serious work.

That's just really depressing.

B1 Droll finally decides to stop being silly and get some work done by doing what he was told to do and he only get punished for it.

Now I'm sad.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Gabriel Pope posted:

I like how all this sequence maintains the Jailbreak theme of every useful or productive command failing, except instead of the protagonist getting arbitrarily dicked over by the universe in contrived ways they just fail because of Jack being Jack.

I didn't catch that originally, but it only bodes well for the future.

Jack :allears:

life_source
May 11, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

WV's rebellion, like Jack's, seems like it could be a constant that players in various sessions could take advantage of.

I am vaguely recalling someone talking about this, where in the infinite pool of Universes, there are only a few WV's who actually get fed up enough to rally the troops for a rebellion. It compared it to Jack, where he doesn't always get fed up enough with the BQ to actually attempt to kill her.

Maybe one of the Doctor Scratch interludes? I don't want to have to troll through all of Homestuck to try and find something that could have just as easily been a Hussie quote.

Basically, there does not seem to be any real constants in Skaia. B2 here doesn't even have the Kings and no Black Queen! Just as easily there could be no Jack in certain sessions, or by some awkward (player instigated) series of events, White could win over Black.

life_source
May 11, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Oh god, there are now four iterations of Jack Noir running around. That's too many goddamn Jack Noirs.

You shut up.

Shut the gently caress up.

SHUT UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

CONTENT EDIT: So the Dersites wear white, and the Propsitians wear black. Is the just more chess imagery? This "U" Universe/Incipisphere is more chess themed than the other Universes.

EDIT 2: Wait, everything is split up. UU's room is Dersite Purple, so uu's room on Dersite must be Prospitian Gold.

VVVVV I think that is just the lack of light on everything. Jack has some light coming onto his right side here, showing his uniform to be white.

life_source fucked around with this message at 20:39 on May 26, 2012

life_source
May 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

That's two people taken out by that trident, John and Jake. I'm a little worried it's going to become a 'thing'.

One of the best things about John was how he always died. He was the punching bag of B1. He never got emotional about it, always learned from it, and he is always so good natured that he couldn't even get mad at whoever did the killing. If Jake becomes the punching bag of B2, where his hot-bloodedness gets himself into unwinnable scraps, but he always comes out a smarter and stronger man...

Like grandson/son, like grandfather/father.

Let the trident become the Bec Noir of B2, the thing in charge of random dreamself murders, always killing/waking up Jake. And at least one of the various Dirks that are hanging around.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

There's a message here somewhere. I know if I just stare hard enough, I'll understand it.

New shirt?

life_source
May 11, 2008

Walliard posted:

Shirt that I think used to be in production but isn't anymore. It's the first print on this page.

It's also the cover of the Homestuck 2012 Calendar!

Is there a list of discontinued shirts anywhere?

EDIT: vvvvv
Also cool.

life_source fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 6, 2012

life_source
May 11, 2008

Bobulus posted:

Well, UU is a Prospit Dreamer, and uu is a Derse Dreamer, so perhaps that's the color code, assuming that chess board means something.

UU and uu's colour schemes are messed up though.

UU is a Prospit dreamer, with a purple room, the Dersites are wearing white, and the Prospitians are wearing black.

We shouldn't assume anything about the "U"'s colour schemes meaning anything, seeing how hosed up they are.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Walliard posted:

Dream rooms can have their own wallpaper colour; Jade's was pink.

Huh, look at that. I'm wrong.

I still think the split colours is a "thing" that the "U"'s Incipisphere has.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Mazerunner posted:

Crazy theory: the Jake we see here is actually Lil'Seb in disguise, told to do so by the AR, in order to allow Dirk to save/woo him. AR did this because ???..... ?

No, because Sebastian is standing beside Jane.

This is where Dream Dirk will die, probably while trying to save Jake who tried to save Jane.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Jorenko posted:

Is he destroying all of Derse, or just the moon?

He is destroying Derse because Dream Dirk is running around on Derse. If Dirk was just being an annoyance while staying in his tower, or even if he is just on the moon, just chop the moon's chain, and you are set for life. I think that Dirk is hanging out on Derse so it is harder to find him. A bigger area gives him more hiding spots. But the Draconian Dignitary knows this, and is going for overkill.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Blood Nightmaster posted:

Just not the same without the original audio :( That's a pretty apt comparison though. The HAL thing is kind of troubling too, hah. Let's just hope the AR never has a conversation with Dave.

I am of the opposite opinion. I firmly believe that Dave and Davesprite will ruin the Auto Responder's poo poo constantly and repeatedly.

You know early on, when the B2 Kids couldn't tell the difference between Dirk and the Auto Responder? Dave would see through his terrible imposter act, and have him singing Daisy after half a conversation. This is what I believe, and cannot wait for the B1's to finally get back into the game.

life_source
May 11, 2008

RandallODim posted:

Update. Bets on what's in Marcellus Wallace's suitcase the Juju Chest?

Chunk of uranium.

What else glows with that particular powerful green?

life_source
May 11, 2008

Rose Spirit posted:

Does it mean I'm the slowest person ever that I just noticed Gamzee's hat and potions under the table?

I think it is what Jane is using as collateral for chip money.

Gamzee gave her the hat as a sPeCiAl LiMiTeD time OFFER for buying some super rare purple potions. Even Gamzee doesn't know what those ones do.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

Dirk:
Gets Squarewave.
Gets his sendificator, calibrated to send things to Jake's island in his time.
Gets a bucket, because you never know when you'll need one.
Mounts his rocket board.
Leaves Sawtooth to prepare his house for entry.
Travels through a window to Roxy's place.
Revives Roxy.
Leaves Squarewave to prepare Roxy's house for entry.
Sendificates the bucket.
Sendificates his own head.
Has his auto-responder convince Jake to revive him.
Revives Jane.
Grabs Roxy.
Flies to the Veil.
Enters the lotus time capsule.
Emerges in the Frog Temple.
Grabs Jane.
Catches the bucket he sendificated.
Uses it to revive Jake so Jake can revive him in his subjective past.

That about the size of it? There's just one thing I don't understand: how did the rocket board make it to Derse?

RandallODim posted:

Dream rocket board, I'm pretty sure.

Dream rocket board

tinaun posted:

I still don't really like dirk as a character, as everything he does feels way too orchestrated. He really needs to have one of his plans fail, or for him to find out something he doesn't know.

I also look forward to the day when Dirk fails spectacularly. I was luke-warm to Dave originally because of his cool-guy personality, but after we found out he could and would break, and noticing that he has a noticeable tick when he is unsure or bothered, I started to like him more.

I hope it's Dave who finally breaks Dirk. Dave has real serious issues as a result of his old Guardian, while Dirk just had to deal with stories about his supposed Guardian. Dave has something to prove, Dirk doesn't, so I hope Dave comes out on top.

life_source fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

life_source
May 11, 2008

VJeff posted:

He has Feferi, Eridan, Nepeta and Equius' bodies to screw around with. Am I missing anybody?

Sollux. Possibly more than one, depending on how early he started his corpse collection.