Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Red2401 posted:

"What sort of story would this be, with our Knight and Seer made to stay cadavers? Certainly not one the alpha timeline would allow."
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/scratch.php?s=6&p=005736

:stare: Well, that statement is certainly relevant to the flash. I really do love how this story references itself so much, giving us a hint that they both would go god tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

King of Solomon posted:

That's really unfortunate, but he wasn't really going to hop back into the grind until the 11th anyways, so this might not actually make much difference (from an audience standpoint.)

Well, there was still going to be an intermission of some sort.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

So Kidbro called the girl from Avatar a gigantic lovely space furry. We also suspect he is a weeaboo, and is potentially a brony.

My god. He's the gooniest goon.

edit: vv

A good poster posted:

The way we're meant to parse that paragraph is that Bro called Jake "just a gigantic lovely space furry" after Jake let on that he wanted to make out with the blue Avatar lady. It's meant to give a little info about Strider, that he'd phrase it that way like Mom would specifically say that she and Jane were "BFFSIES 4EVERZ."

This makes a bit more sense, but still seems to point towards Bro being a stereotypical goon/4chan poster/redditor.

MatchaZed fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 19, 2011

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I thought ACT 5 was Jack Noir kills everyone, I was really hoping he was done killing people.

I mean, besides English, but Spades Slick is one man I wouldn't cross.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Update.

I was really hoping for a callback to GET OUT but oh well.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Thundarr posted:

This is a terrible idea. They'd probably end up combining the Green Sun with UNREAL AIR and introduce catastrophic levels of artifacting to every instance of SBURB that ever was.

vvv Jade can cheat, though.

And thus the SBaHJverse was born. Thus they can trap Lord English in it.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

RandallODim posted:

A probably minor thing I realized: We've already seen a pair playing a game together where one is the constant victor, and the usual winner's response to an upset in that balance. Not at all sure how this relates to the current game, but I think there might be something there.

Not only that, but in Skaia, white is always destined to lose against black. But switching the king and queen might change that. The White Queen has been shown to be more effective than the White King in B1 at least, where she took action to try and stop Jack, he simply was sitting complacently reading the Complacency of the Learned.

In B2 we've seen WQ with the sceptre, so this might be connected.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Triskelli posted:

I know this will probably open up an entire oil drum's worth of worms, but what's the current goon opinion on Jake English == Lord English? The references range from subtle to smashing a brick over your head, to the point I feel it'd be a bigger twist if it didn't mean anything at all. Still, was just wondering if any other readers had some concrete thoughts on the matter.

Eh, uu also has a lot of similarities with Lord English, I'd assume both are involved with one version or another of Lord English.

As for musichat, my favourite album is Mobius Trip and Hadron Kaleido. Favourite song is Dead Shuffle.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Krinkle posted:

Eridan's blood, the heir of void, has redacted all mention of LE and also roxy

I hope you didn't confuse Eridan with someone STRONGer.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I am so very confused right now.

But one thing that I am remembering as being weird was the curtains in Seer: Descend, as well as the chapters in Cascade corresponding to Red, Blue, Green, and White. All of the red sections were from B1, leading up to the creation of the Green Sun. We are currently in the green section, leading to the destruction of the Red Supergiant? Red and green turning to white was also in the picture in Calliope's room. And I don't have any idea what it means.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Unlabeled reminded me of Gymnopedie #1 by Erik Satie. Wonder if that was an inspiration or what? (embedded video of the piece below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

John is the worst brother, instead of actually waiting to hear what Davesprite's deal is, he won't shut up. Goddamn teenagers.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Reene posted:

I have seen people with Homestuck merchandise walking around my campus but fortunately we all do the decent thing and carefully avoid each others' eyes.

A freshman cosplayed as Terezi on 4/13 this year. I tried to avert my eyes, it just seemed too awkward to ackowledge that I knew "why" she was dressed up.

Less that $12K until new perks!

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Suaimhneas posted:

Welp, after all the hints that Rose and Kanaya was A Thing, when it finally happened it couldn't possibly have been less romantic. Hussie :allears:

Also, "teach me all the quadrants" seems like it'd be a ridiculously vulgar thing to say in troll society. Kanaya's probably just wide-eyed in shock at the sheer impropriety of what she just heard

Well... it's not without precedent.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

There's nothing there anymore. :(

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Well Manicured Man posted:

Hussie is merely building up to its full glory. You cannot simply unleash Dirkquiussprite on an unsuspecting audience without the proper... gravitas.

Nope, something even more strange. Dadquissprite. Guardians were meant to be sprites after all.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Wrist Watch posted:

Is there a first one, or is that part of the joke? This is amazing. :syoon:

Found it hosted here: http://silversolicitor.imgur.com/ but I'm not sure if it's right.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Bobulus posted:

In unrelated news, I was rewatching some of the flashes on youtube, and I discovered rare gold: a youtube comment that I actually enjoyed!

Of course, fancysantakind had to come back somehow...

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Anyone else reminded of PM and Jack in a Kismesis chase for a long time by this Cherub story? I know the prospitans and dersites are different than cherubs, but it reminds me a lot of their chase.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Good night sweet prince. May the fattest of Vriskas lay you to your rest.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Bobulus posted:

Sure. I was going to ask what everyone did during the hiatus anyway. I was actually productive. Did some actual adult-person-type-stuff. Didn't get any fan-projects done, though.

Went to Toronto Comic Arts Festival. Got some lovely scratch n' sniff stickers on Homestuck Vol. 1.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Cat Mattress posted:

Astrology is bullshit, astrological signs are bullshit squared (because of precession), and let's be honest, Homestuck is bullshit too. So claiming a "patron troll" of which to be proud or ashamed is like bullshitł. And I'm not saying that out of spite, because the troll associated to my sign is objectively the best troll.

Cancer right?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Burkion posted:

We have a Koos-must mean Homestuck draws near my friends.

Now let's hope SmugTroll gets her blue and gray face punched in. And maybe Jake's non brain damaged self can do some poo poo.

El Kooserino is pretty much the best. He bought me 999 and Virtue's Last Reward.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

WELCOME UNBACK.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

lotus circle posted:

You know this update reminded me that Roxy had a crush on Jane's dad.

Jane's dad being Alpha-universe's John's son.

Incorrect. Dad Crocker is the equivalent of Dad Egbert, who was totally in a relationship with original universe Roxy when they got pulled into the medium until they got murdered by Bec Noir.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Of course a dickbutt version exists.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Man, I miss regular music album drops. I think that's what I've missed most since the hiatus started. Volume 10 better be the sickest poo poo ever.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Grouchio posted:

God god he IS Suzaku. :stare:

And he sucks just as much as Suzaku does. If not more. At least Suzaku wasn't obsessed with lovely puppets filled with souls of the damned. Also was a lovely guardian to the Beta kids.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Bongo Bill posted:

Koos only likes Steven Universe now. And, frankly, he's right.

He should try Gravity Falls.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Android Blues posted:

I think you pretty much have to be a pirate, or maybe a gangster. For most trolls this isn't a problem.

Also I can only imagine the troll intergalactic star fleet is absolutely rife with eruptive mid-voyage kismeses causing ships to crash, missions to be derailed, alien species to go un-subjugglated, etc. Just a bunch of petty officers playing out their miniature double-crossing caper movies with each other on the Empress' dime.

This is just the Star Trek Mirror Universe.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Davinci posted:

Ugh. I just noticed that this is going to be another dry week. Been real sick this weekend and was looking forward to today's update.

Last horse break for three weeks though. Tough it out friend.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Remem8er, even in death Terezi Owns.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

WAR FOOT posted:

realtalk tho Ammat The Ankh knows what up

Dolash does the best effortposts

the rest of us are garbage, hope this helps

You forgot koos.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Exemplary of exquisite, delectable depravity

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Jegus. 4 years ago I was... struggling to get through my bachelor's. Which I just got this year. Woooo.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

http://sadodere.tumblr.com/post/134840795128/what-is-happening-to-homestuck-an-explanation-of

Anyone have an archived version of the original post?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogaV_9cUbQo

So close. I am excited for more Homestuck.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Gay singularity didn't stop being a thing.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

So I assume the demand on whatever server Hussie is planning on hosting this on on Wednesday will be less than during Cascade? There's not going to be an effective DDOS this time? Do we think he'll have a backup torrent ready to go again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

All those Fraymotifs... I'm highly expecting dedicated nerds to make a list of moves that got used.