Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'll wait for the .swf because I'm a purist like that. Also I feel kinda bad for Tom Fulp now that Newgrounds is destroyed, but it's kind of his fault not getting back to Hussie quick enough, forcing him to host it on the Newgrounds Dump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Jesus what the gently caress did I watch. I suddenly understand less than jack poo poo.

SpaceDrake posted:

Also, something I'd actually realized. This will be a wall of black, apologies.

The kids were definitely spawned in their own session. So where is English's calling card in the Kids' universe?

One popular fan theory is that this is the second session for Earth, much in the same way the Trolls had a session before. The original Earth session was played by their guardians (Nanna, Mom, Bro, and Grandpa Harley). They failed, and were forced to scratch their session, though they retained some memories.

There still are a lot of unanswered questions from the kid's universe, and I hope they are addressed even though the universe was destroyed. First: how were the guardians able to fight in the game, and how much did they know about SBURB? It's hinted they created the game, considering the SBURB lab links up with Rose's house. (this would be explained by the above theory) Second: Where did Mister Jaspers disappearify off to for a week? Third: Why did the White King have Rose's wizard Slash fiction with him? And many more questions that can probably only be answered by a two hundred page side story.

Edit: A new avatar based on this flash might be cool, but I'm too attached to SmugCobain here.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Oct 25, 2011

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

SpaceDrake posted:

I think he meant more in the sense of "why even bother", unless it's a huge red herring.

I perhaps put more stock than is needed into gay wizard slash fiction.

Also a friend of mine pointed this out: another foreshadow that the kids universe and the troll's universe combine to create the green sun: 413+612=1025.

Obviously you already understood the math, but this makes it more obvious

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Okay this should put the "Aradia is evil all along" chat to rest:

Andrew's About EoA5 part 2

Basically: Aradia wasn't even complicit in the creation of the Green Sun because she arrived after it was created. Like as it was shown in that super cool flash movie so long ago.

Edit: this one

Edit 2: Never mind it wasn't a flash but here you go

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Oct 26, 2011

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Calling it now: two weeks of "sweet bro + hella jeff: the game (but not actualy a game but a bullshit wepcomic pretedning to look like a game)". He can use the layout from the SNOP update.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Red2401 posted:

I was looking back through the end of act 4, and :aaaaa:

Considering "J" sounds like what I imagine Grandpa would sound like, I'm convinced the roles of the kids and the guardians will be reversed in this new session (mirroring the scratched Alternia session), giving us young J. Harley and his Grandma Harley, as well as teen alcoholic Mom Lalonde. I want this to happen so much.

Talorat posted:

I always got the feeling that Dave and John had met before the story began. They make several references to each other's appearance and the appearance of their rooms at the start of the comic, so unless they are going around snapping pics of themselves and uploading them to HomestuckSpace they must have met in real life before.

I forget, do all the kids know each other through Dave (and his websites) or through Jade?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Starmaker posted:

The thing about LE is that he was never in the kid's universe, and it wasn't his fault Jack was created or that their session had a tumor.

Don't forget, Lord English wasn't in the first Troll session either. He only appeared after that got scratched. Doc Scratch and Betty Crocker could have simply been working to screw up the Kids' game, so that a new universe would be created with Lord English in it.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

This reminds me; has there been much significance regarding alternia's pink moon? It seems like it also has it's own satellite.

Not at all. I'm guessing it was put in there to make Alternia look more alien and was colored pink in contrast to the other moon's green.

Not that it would matter now, what with the entire universe exploded.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hold on, where is everyone getting this talk about the eight player session from? I don't remember reading anything hinting about that. Or is it something super tiny that I missed the first time, like the idea that the 48 zodiac signs of Alternia meant that Alternia was spawned by a 48 player session.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

"Windy thing" does seem like a pretty weaksauce power now that we have a dog-lady who can shrink planets.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Zoolooman posted:

It used to be that Gamzee was Karkat's moirail. Now it's the opposite.

Aren't they always each other's Moirail? I'm pretty sure Eridan and Feferi both referred to each other as such.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

My favorite moment was probably when Future!Dave prototyped himself and became Davesprite, leading to two Daves who could then talk to each other. I remember thinking while reading that this was the greatest development in fiction ever.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

So apparently Cascade was a remix of Descent or a re-imagining of it. The point is someone switched Descents' music with Cascade (and tweaked the sync, but just a little bit), and it's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpit6s7X8w4

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Fortis posted:

Except when it was Gamzee moving him.

You mean when he was moving Gamzee.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

RentCavalier posted:

Are you, sir, saying that one Andrew Hussie is depicting an Jesus allegory as a neurotic, self-loathing, socially awkward and, of course, incredibly angry Internet troll?

The best thing to come out of the Homestuck fandom.

creationist believer posted:

EB: oh god, if rose became my sister too, that would wreak HAVOC on karkat's shipping diagram!

Seconding this one.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Nov 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

That was unexpected. I was almost disappointed, but the fact that he's some sort of Mirthful Messiah makes up for it. Perhaps Gamzee really was the most important character in Homestuck. Or maybe it's a mutant green combination of Gamzee and Lil' Cal that together make the most important character. The important thing is, he is finally (already) here.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Krinkle posted:

man I miss that bolin soundtrack, though

Why did the soundtracks get changed in the first place anyway?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Cracky posted:

Can anyone remind me how Gamzee got the hammer?

You have absolutely no idea how you got this thing.

And you don't want to know.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Nostalgamus posted:

Well, Vriska did send him all her money at some point, so I assume he could afford the fraymotifs after that.

Plus Dave promised to send him back a Boonmint after John sent him his (one measly) Boonbuck.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Cheeseball IV posted:

Side note on that picture, I love how Kanaya manages to be ~*fashionable*~ in any and all situations.

It works in so many situations!

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Honestly, I didn't have much trouble deciphering he Troll pesterlogs at first and now I can read them like they're a second language. Are people really having that much trouble with them? It doesn't seem particularly hard to pick up to me.

Maybe it has to do with how certain people's brains work.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

^^^ I like the absurd plot theories! :(

Shakespeare is funny. Homestuck is funny, but hardly the best thing ever. It's unique and inventive for its medium however, and that should be praised.

I don't disagree with the criticisms of it being overly long however, I put off reading it for some time because of that. Looking back I wish I had started reading it when I first heard about it, but I put it off since I didn't have the time and didn't pick it up for about a year. Also because it's so wordy, not everyone is going to enjoy it completely, since some people just aren't word people.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Dolash posted:

It'd still mean there's a Karkat, Terezi, Kanaya, and Gamzee (Um... Sollux?) in the dream bubbles since their dream selves are dead and they'd be following Jade's example, but still, keeps the clutter down. And I guess we'll always have the hundreds of Aradias, couple of extra Daves, and the mystery of beta-John.

I don't think their dreamselves are in the bubbles at all times, just when the person in question is asleep. Do you remember when Aradia was going through a tour of the different dreambubbles, people kept phasing out (I assume because they were waking up) all the time. If the dreambubbles dreamselves only exist when the person in question is asleep, then there's no real issue of both existing at the same time.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Nov 7, 2011

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

JT Jag posted:

I only just now kinda got the whole "Speaker of the Vast Croak"/"Speaker of the Vast Joke" thing. There's no huge significance behind it, I can just sorta imagine agents of the black kingdom being all "MORE LIKE A VAST JOKE AMIRITE".

Where is "speaker of the vast joke" mentioned, I don't remember that. I've only read through it once though, so it probably slipped my mind trying to figure out all the timey-wimey poo poo.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Plom Bar posted:

One thing to be mindful of as well is that each of the trolls' fates is reverse-anti-mutual tied to the fates of their ancestors.

This is why I think "the most important character in Homestuck" really is Gamzee. Everyone had their ancestor's fate reverse bight them in the rear end (assuming the slave Dualscar had killed really was the Dolorosa) except Gamzee. His ancestor had the Sufferer killed, but instead of Karkat killing Gamzee in return he used his Troll Jegus powers to calm him down, possibly throwing a wrench into the workings of paradox space.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Chunky12345 posted:

Where is Problem Sleuth Book 3? :colbert:

It's coming out alongside the Homestuck book, as was mentioned.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I'd be pretty disappointed if we never see a teen alcoholic Mom.

Fortis posted:

While we wait for 11/11/11 we should stave off insanity by appreciating the best Homestuck fanartist ever: Randys133.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNSftsog06s

Holy Hell this is amazing

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Mom and Nanna and Bro and J/Grampa are all going to have actual names now, though. :psyduck:

I bet it will be something like "Anna," "Broderick," "Jake," though I can't think up a good one for Mom Lalonde

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Fagtastic posted:

come on COME ON

We still have about 22 hours it could be posted from Andrew's perspective.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Figures Hussie would pull that, it was literally true that Jade was her penpal's grandmother. Jeez, Andrew Hussie is this world's Doc Scratch.

Edit Though Jade refers to J as a "he," so who knows.

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 11, 2011

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff as successful franchise with a live action movie is amazing though.

How come it took this long to mention this, Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff the movie (starring Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson) is the highlight of Homestuck.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Oh and so I guess that means that in this universe Dad Egbert has been replaced by Betty Crocker/Her Imperial Condence? That'd make sense.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Insurrectionist posted:

It's another Owen/Stiller classic, surely.

I have no doubt that Snoop Dogg will make an appearance as Geromy

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I checked MSPA just out of curiosity while getting caught up in this thread, and I got there just after it updated. Go me.

I guess Hussie's going through the introductions as quickly as he can, so I doubt we'll see any more Syllodex shenanigans, but thats okay since we've got a lot of stuff to get through. And whoever mentioned pre-2011 levels of updating is pretty much on the ball.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

My question is: if Jane is the heiress to a vast multiglobal empire, why does she live in the suburbs?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Jorenko posted:

5 minutes left to Ask Hussie Anything. Go, goons, go!

Too bad I can't think of anything funny or intelligent to ask him.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

QueerPope posted:

They also often just doodle something they think looks cool.

Pretty much half the fantrolls use the biohazard symbol as their sign.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Someone repost all the Goontrolls please, I missed them the first time around.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

tinaun posted:

Wow, the first really useful fetch modus. I'd bet it'll come in handy later.

Are you suggesting John's early "launch everything at you enemies accidentally" fetch modus wasn't useful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Hussie explains the site's font shift. Apparently that's how it was always supposed to be. It's automatically anti-alised for me since I'm on a Mac, is it possible to turn that off or is it like Hussie says?

Not that I'm not in love with super-smooth text regardless.