Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

pandaK posted:

Looks like a blackhole eating a star

You fools!

It's obviously a Jigglypuff seen from above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rooreelooo posted:

That's exactly what i thought too. at the time, when everyone saw the big white sun in the sky, people were speculating that it was related to doc scratch's cueball gimmick. that theory kinda died down when we saw that the first guardian of B2 was gcat, because it no longer appeared that there was any kind of cueball iconography in this universe at all. There's still room for a callback or an explanation of something everyone has since forgotten about.

Well, the trolls picked up an extra moon post-scratch.

It's not impossible for the sun to be altered.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Since this is Hussie we're talking about, we can't rule out the possibility that Cherubs are red/green colorblind.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Rooreelooo posted:

Basically, I think that uu and UU are the ectobiological children of lord english and some other cherub

To fill out the quota of pool puns, she would have to be incredibly busty, and referred to only as "The Rack".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Color Printer posted:

Oh, wait, holy poo poo, you're right. The meeting of a lifetime is happening much faster than we thought. :allears:
Well duh, both of them are flashsteppers.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I suppose it's possible Dirk has been getting info from Guardian Dave and Rose. Vision Omnifold combined with whatever time shenanigans Dave has available would probably be enough to predict this whole series of events ahead of time.

Dirk could be coming up with none of this on his own, being 'puppeted' himself.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

"So there's this mail lady and it's a reference to "The Postman" since she's rebuilding in a post apocalyptic society, and she finds a tree that sprouts a giant mechanical apple and there's a robot worm in the apple but he ate the wrong mailbox so now he's dead."

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bobulus posted:

- Will they get one planet each, or will the game compensate with some weird ying-yang half-and-half planet?

... That makes me think their planet is going to be The Tumor.

Anyway, it recently occurred to me that Lord English's cuestick is probably based on the White King's scepter from the beta kids session. It's roughly the same shape, though it has a green sun instead of Skaia on the top, and it was prototyped with a first guardian. We never *did* see what happened to it after Jack started the reckoning, so it could be anywhere, really.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RandallODim posted:

Tablets in Myststuck mentioned all of them, and the order their players would arrive (LOCAH, LOPAN, LOTAK, LOMAX). Which, now that everyone has entered, means Dirk's land is LOPAN, Roxy's is LOTAK, and Jake's is LOMAX.

Technically, didn't the last three players arrive simultaneously? The lands didn't enter at the same time, but I'm not sure that's necessarily relevant.

Then again, for the longest time I was convinced the recurring Dave with Sunglasses shot meant that he was supposed to be the Seer of Light after all.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So, given the same body senanigans, I have to assume the cherub medium is going to be fused in some way as well. In the most recent flash, the background behind English manor was prospit on the left, derse on the right, with a weird intermediate shade across the middle.

So I'm guessing that we'll be seeing a 'Despit' walkaround some time soon.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I think I joined in the fun about halfway through Problem Sleuth's initial run, at the very least I remember being able to submit a couple of my own suggestions to the pile. So about four years ago.

... :psyduck:

It seriously doesn't feel like it's been that long.

I think I started reading around the beginning of the Mobster Kingpin fight.

After that, I've never complained about slow pacing in Homestuck.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zorak posted:

There's nothing that says that the ghosttrolls/peeps that died were main timeline ones, and who cares about off-timeline guys

Not me

Poor Davesprite. Nobody likes him.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

One more week, huh? I'm going to use this time to try to make sense of some things.

So, Caliborn and Lord English. I think it highly unlikely that those two are different people at this point. Let's look at the timeline.

But you forgot that red herrings flow through Caliborn's blood. It's going to turn out that Calliope was in control all along.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

As good as fuschia ruler is, I kind of think it makes for terrible background music. It *really* grates on the ears after the first twenty minutes or so.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

HalfHazard posted:

From her Symbolically Rendered appearance way back when to her titanic Angelina Jolie puffy lips in this flash, has there ever been a time when Aradia didn't look off somehow? :/

Aradia's horns are always off-model. Especially when Hussie forgets to draw them.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Also, fedorafreak is the page of swords? Excellent.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Midnight Raider posted:

The problem is that a lot of HS fans can be kind of dumb, so I definitely think there will be a segment of them that still doesn't get it and will throw a fit if/when the merchandise starts hitting the shops. But the smarter ones will be fine, and in the end I think we'll pretty much come out ahead since we'll still have the cash from the dumb ones and the good will of the smart ones.

I'm betting they'll have some slight differences in the second run, so your 'first edition kickstarter exclusive' cards are unique.

That, and so the really hardcore fans will buy both

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CidGregor posted:

To be fair this was never a difficult prediction to make considering John and Jade had a lengthy conversation about the possibility, and Hussie appearing in the Scratch section with the Hero of Space god-tier hoodie was another unsubtle clue. She's still going to get a kick out of God-tier Jade being part dog, as well as Rose and Dave's surprise god-tiers.

Well, assuming she isn't already cosplay spoilered

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I caved and got the Seerpak because I see very little chance of the tarot decks ever being sold in the store, considering how many artists contributed to it. The MC pack of cards Hussie could hustle easily and without having to compensate a dozen plus people with each sale and worrying about art rights and whatnot

They already deal with that for the albums.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Well Manicured Man posted:

Yeah, but on the one hand with the albums you have art that's pretty much incidental to the total product (we buy the albums for the music, not the album and track art, though it certainly helps), and on the other hand with the tarot deck art that is the reason why anyone wants them in the first place. That's a bit slipperier of a situation.

My point is, they have to split up the income a dozen ways between the musicians anyway.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Midnight Raider posted:

I wonder if one should be so quick to assume that Hussie would go through the trouble of bringing her back only to make her a milquetoast exposition bot, when there's already plenty of other characters who could have filled the role, and leaving her gone for good might have been more poignant.

Yeah, that strikes me as a bit too Chrono Cross and/or terrible for Hussie.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

This is all building up to Gamzee looking out of the grate.

Candy corn kanpire!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Eiba posted:

"You guys" are fans who hate or look down on other fans, and think Hussie hates the same things as you.

For instance, the latest walkabouts were indeed a huge send-up of Tumblr. They were not jokes at the expense of Tumblr though. They were jokes that were just as funny to the Tumblr community as they were to anyone else- probably more so.

You probably aren't exactly the type of person I was imagining, but you did ascribe hatred to Hussie when all he seems to have is a perverse fascination, and it's that kind of attitude I was commenting on.

It's not funny, okay man?

Well, it's probably funny to mock people who can't laugh at themselves, regardless of who they are

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So, does anyone know what happened to treestuck?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

So, the MSPA site is down, and isup.me confirms it's for everyone.

So, Sandy, or update?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

His claim was that as the creator of the Midnight Crew he was consulting with Andrew and that his fan adventure was canon.

That's not exactly the case... if I recall correctly, he only ever claimed 'semi-canon', and that was along the lines of 'I have some info on the Felt from Andrew, but that's just off the top of his head'. Stuff like the Lord English pool ball eyes showed up there first, for instance, but the adventure is also a pretty clearly different from canon in many respects - this version of Spades Slick is an exiled version of the kids' Jack Noir.

Anyway... some of the less literate posters on the MSPA forums misinterpreted the comments about canonicity, the argument grew into a massive shitstorm with quotes getting mined out of context, and the entire adventure collapsed under the weight of the drama.

quote:

I absolutely agree. I've always wondered why Andrew included the Mayonaka pendant back in the Intermission, and now that he's brought it back I'm almost certain he's got some plan for it. It's totally Andrew's style to take something really really bad and just run with it.
Well, if it shows up a third time and ruins everything, you are officially allowed to blame me.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Nov 10, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Dirk's world is the only one where the gas is just a freefloating poison in the atmosphere, because Dirk is Hard Core.

Actually, I think they're just exploring the inside of one of those enormous krypton-filled plasma globes. They're big enough to see from space, after all.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 13, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I am excited and intrigued by this new development. :allears:

quote:

The story is that on the summer before their freshman year of high school they find out they're a race of elemental wolf people, Romulus coming from the earth people and Rema coming from electricity, and the wolf people are split into faction as part of some war of whether or not to reveal themselves, stay hidden, or take over the normal humans. They join a faction that seeks to end fighting on all sides and simply find ways to negotiate peacefully, with as much dissenting violence as possible. They are joined by Native American Redmoon of the water people, Latino Rolando of the air people, baltic Regina of the ice wolves, Indian Rahjid of the light people, and aboriginal aussie Raye of the fire people.

... so he's writing about Furry Captain Planet. Yeah, this'll be fun.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Crain posted:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah, but if you time your blinks right you can make her say dirty words.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

From the Jade update you linked... So Lord English's coat is too thick to hear what Hussie is saying, eh?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

QVC Drinking Game posted:

That's true but when a something literally named after the Demiurge becomes a character in the story (and one that, it seems, is going to become pretty important at some point), the direct relevance of gnosticism becomes a conclusion that's hard to escape from.

I don't see people drawing huge Greek Mythology parallels, and that's how almost all of the denizens are themed.

Echidna and Hephaestus were already plot relevant, and I haven't heard anyone comparing Wayward Vagabond to Odysseus or something like that.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Literally Sharks posted:

Yes, I think it's relatively clear now that this is the case. It was most extreme by far in the case of the Sufferer thanks to his role, of course, but Alpha Dave's Con Air museum and Beta Jake's orange-lit collection of metal men are fairly blatant hints.

Actually, the whole thing with Beta Jake's knights is interesting. I almost wonder if Hussie is going to set up a Jakeswap.

Did we ever see what happened to BetaGramps between his last appearance in the medium and first appearance with Jade? Is it possible he (somehow) managed to switch places with Jake across the scratch?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think Hussie is also referencing the 'characters from this story read a terrible fanfic about them' genre. Which started up after fanfiction.net banned MST3K readings.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Wow, this is a hilarious spritelog.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Seoinin posted:

When you get right down to it, is there any major character in homestuck that doesn't hate themselves to some extent?

John?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

What would you say if I said a vengeful boy on a path of nihilism was taken under the wings of fearsome angels, and learned to destroy hope with their light?

I wouldn't put it past Scratch to have this refer to Jake.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Regy Rusty posted:

He forgot the loving code? Wow Jake really is the absolute worst.

I bet he doesn't log his chats either.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

That is very definitely not a good sign. Remember what she does to her heiresses.

Turns them into minor, forgettable characters?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Seoinin posted:

You cannot possibly expect me to believe that Dave doesn't have pictures of himself taken from an ironic myspace angle.

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Gabriel Pope posted:

I get the impression that reviving the dead planet was supposed to be part of Jane's whole puzzle quest adventure dealie, so if trickster powers are a cheat mode I suspect it does have more to do with "beating" all the game objectives. She has ALL THE CODES and wins the game almost instantly.

So Caliborn is too cool for school?