Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm sure Guybrush Threepwood will be more than a flash cameo and become an actual character now. He's inside duck Skull Island.

I read some people predicting we would see Doc Scratch again soon, but I kinda thought that what he meant by his "previous incarnations" was none other than Lil' Cal, who seems to be in every universe and contains the essence of Lord English, allowing him to access said universe. I think ol' Scratch is effectively out of the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Maybe if he heals his eyes the horrible voices will return, or he fears they will and wants to avoid that.

Also :sbahj:, Aradia...

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I read a lot of people before saying that Hussie was also trying to justify all the ghost double-killing. But then why would he have Sollux -and then John- call it out so explicitly?. This also had somehow ruined Vriska forever and completely eliminated her ~character growth~ (insert Fat Vriska joke here). But well, that's what I get when I read discussions about this comic anywhere outside this thread.

To me, one of the most interesting parts about this latest update was -besides Aradia- the reminder that all the ghosts are still (un?)-living only because the horrorterrors allow it. Somehow I had kinda accepted afterlife as an inmutable part of the game, but what happens when whatever it is the Gods want is finally achieved? Do all the ghosts just disappear forever?

Because I can't lose Equius again. I'm not STRONG enough. (also what happens to AR if ARquiusprite spritesplodes?)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Color Printer posted:

EDIT: I just realized Expedition contains a remix of English (and Explore, but I knew that already). :psyboom: It's just barely recognizable, unless you start specifically listening for it. Or maybe I'm just bad at this.

I recognized it right away (hey is this a happy version of lord english's theme?), but then again it's also mentioned in the song description:

Expedition posted:

"Expedition by Mark Hadley, featuring melodies from "English" by Toby "Radiation" Fox and "Explore" by George Buzinkai "

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ah, so this is how Nepeta finally comes back.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

And much like the void ring, it might only work while you're wearing it. I'd wait to know more before jumping to conclusions on this update, however; let's have faith in the Orange Dude.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Gamzee will end up having it, explaining how the motherfucker never ever dies.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Didn't they say that the ultimate weapon is literally beta Calliope? And then Callie said only she would be able to find her(self?)

I think that John will now reveal he has the ring, but that he won't give it to any of the present trolls because they're all loving insane. Meenah will then fork him.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

senseinobu posted:

Actually, I don't think anyone has explicitly said that Calliope is the weapon.

Here's the log where I got that idea

Now that I re-read that, it also seems more obvious now that the ring is meant as a Solution for Calliope's "no body to return to" problem.

Then again we already know that neither Calliope or Aranea know as much as they think they do, so maybe they don't know the whole deal.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Haha I had forgotten how awesome Sollux can be. Dammit, most characters in this comic are. Just look at him, flyin' away like a fucknig piese of grabage.

Tavros was also great here.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

She was always a bit scared of Vriska, and she'd probably want to spend more time with Fef. Feferi rocks btw, gently caress the haters.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It seems the big john wants us to keep it real...
about Vriskachat.

I'm still waiting for Meenah to fork John. Addiction is a powerful thing.

And oh god, background Aradia keeps on being the best!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The best thing is whether Vriska dies or lives (uh, keeps unliving), there's gonna be fan outrage.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Bobulus posted:

Still digesting this update. In the meantime, reposted from some of the Homestuck music people on tumblr:

I chipped in a few bucks because I like the work he did.

Holy crap, that's just terrible. :smith:

quote:

Hm, that's actually interesting. I like Meenah but she didn't rocket to the top of my favorites list for me like she did for many other people here, but yeah. I think part of it is that we don't see a lot of her horribleness directly, whereas we got many, many instances of Vriska treating Tavros as subhuman (or whatever the troll equivalent term is), murdering and hurting people for terrible reasons/because they got mad at her for doing something terrible to start with (like the chain of events that kills Aradia, blinds Terezi, and so on, which started with Vriska crippling Tavros); a lot of Meenah's evil is less "real" to the viewer, I suppose. Meanwhile, we got to see a lot of Vriska, constantly, for months. Most of Vriska's evil was a lot more personal, as well; Meenah kind of hates all those losers, but the people Vriska hosed over constantly forever were supposedly her friends, and what she did was similarly a lot more malicious and up-close than sabotaging things from a distance.

No but you see, Tavros totally deserved all of it because he uses sandals over socks and wasn't brave enough or something and he -dared- stand up to her in the end so he had to die, yep.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ElMaligno posted:

It means that Vriska is acting cold and bitchy on the outside but on the inside she is kind and lovable.

But Vriska acts cold and bitchy on the outside because on the inside, she is Vriska (Vriska)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Seoinin posted:

When has the story ever actually vindicated Vriska? I don't think what she's doing is exactly tip-top form either, but I also don't think the only solution is to have her arc terminate in complete and final humiliation, demonstrating that everything she's done is irrelevant because *vague hand gestures* predestination and failure to mature and etc. Then what, everyone has a nice stroke-your-beard session and agrees that yes it is probably for the best. Thank god the baleful specters of proactivity and characters whose endgame is debatable have been removed from the story and we can all go back to the business at hand of being Degrassi with Bug People.

Yeah, not only is the overall narration -not- agreeing with her (along with sollux, john, and others) we JUST had a moment where Aranea explained what she had "learned" from her descendant in the ways of justifying morally bankrupt decisions. We are not going to see the "Yeah Vriska was right on everything all along" panel that some people expect.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah but she was really, really affected by what John said to her. The tone was pretty much YEAH I DON'T CARE LET'S SWITCH THE SUBJECT HAHAHA here's a story about how right and heroic I really am and you'll all be so sorry when I'm gone.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

"Oh god I'm so sick of the alpha kids I can't wait to get back to john and the meteor" -Everyone on this thread a month ago.

(I'm just exaggerating of course)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cantown: better than Simcity 2013.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Like some have mentioned already, I love the fact that Drunkrose isn't just "Roxy", it's still very clearly Rose. Roxy is a lot more like Dave I guess. Derse Kids are the best.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Even though he/she lives on as Casey now.

Wait, or was it casey first, then bubbles?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

And that is the story of how Karkat and Dave became the chillest, most normal bros in paradox space. If only because everyone else was batshit insane.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Okay, Kanaya's faces were great in this update, but look at sad puppy Rose. Just look at those two faces. GODDAMMIT LOOK AT IT. Sad puppy Rose is mad adorbz, yo.

But seriously Rose it's time to get your poo poo together.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Will someone please think of Karkat's shipping diagram? Everyone always forgets about Karkat's shipping diagram.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Dolash posted:

Could this be more evidence that Lord English really is "Sanctioned by Paradox Space" and everything he does that seems to be subverting Skaia and Sburb is actually intended by them? That he, too, is a pawn?

But Doc Scratch already told us that, and why would he ever lie? :haw:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Sometimes you just like to pick stuff up and watch the colors. It's so beautiful. Life is beautiful.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's clearly the deudly firearm.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Never stop creepin' it up Aradia. You're simply the best there is.

I keep my stance on the treasure being the deudly firearm. They'll have to find a cueball to fire it however!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

lotus circle posted:

Well the cueball won't help unless they can turn it into bullet size. And if it is the deudly firearm then how does Lord English have it on him right now? Unless we're accounting for possible time shenanigans being afoot.

Weird time poo poo.

Like how several people can have crowbar's crowbar at the same time.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Quickly retrieve arms from majyyckal necromancer robe! There are dames to be rescued! (for real this time)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh god, dark Cage was right... look at all those bone(r)s!

Skulligan Malone :allears:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Literally Sharks posted:

Sold. Now all I need is text...

The opening text is pretty good already, I feel:

"Oh yes! You kick your adventure off to a phenomenal start with liveliest jig you have ever attempted!"

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The box is, like, super heavy. And the trick will obviously be to trap Caliborn in another entirely different game, sort of like Cans' power with calendars. Wait.. Calendars with horses... now it all makes sense! Think it over...

I'm sick of Hussie just cutting important story development though. We were really moving along the story with the Viceroy, and he cuts back to this treasure stuff nobody cares about. I still remember when the consorts were the main characters of this comic.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You're missing one important bit here: John accidentally poked Vriska's stinger horn. He is Vriskapoisoned now.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

When stuff like this happens, what I love the most is reading fans who go "No this is literally too ridiculous even for Homestuck I'm out!". I mean, really?

(Not directed at anyone in particular.)

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hopefully he just woke up... :ohdear:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I went to check the doritos panel (current update, not the original), and wow John's totally petting that frog a few panels after. That's cute.

vvv It's this one mate vvv

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 6, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

lotus circle posted:

Then it's settled.

John is in fact Lord English and Caliborn is a red herring. The JuJu could only be used once and now he used it.

It's gonna be a reference to that horrible animu lord english fanart, won't it?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Why yes Andrew Hussie. I, too, wonder what Spades Slick is up to! Nice to see that we share so many interests, like salamancers naming skeletons for hours.

VVV There wasn't a single drop of irony in what I said, I really love Spades Slick and consort shenanigans. VVV

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 7, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Not me, I find it pretty cool. It's just that many characters are becoming increasingly aware that they're in a webcomic. Pretty well done in fact, which makes me think it's fully intentional rather than an adopted in-joke.