Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

Hansel and Gretel (who are I guess... probably also getting on for eight months, more or less? Bit hazy on this as they came from a shelter and they were just guessing) having a nice snooze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Going over old photos. I liked this one, figured I’d share it. Rest easy, baby 🖤

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Oops meant to copy my post for another thread anyway black cats rule

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

This is my wife's grandma's kitty , his name is Minu. He's big and he is also a fantastic boy who will walk up to you and flop on his side for attention

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Today I learned that my ALLEGEDLY black cat has a handful of white hairs on her back.

I feel betrayed and lied to.

But it’s okay.

I have black spraypaint.

I can fix this.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Rachel Dolezal-rear end cat. You should give her a good talking to

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
My cat Pickle has a legitimate cat-sith thing going on with a little white tuft on her chest. She also had a single white whisker when I adopted her, but a bit later it fell out and a black one replaced it. I called shenanigans, but she didn’t really have an answer. She just flopped onto her back.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Hasturtium posted:

My cat Pickle has a legitimate cat-sith thing going on with a little white tuft on her chest. She also had a single white whisker when I adopted her, but a bit later it fell out and a black one replaced it. I called shenanigans, but she didn’t really have an answer. She just flopped onto her back.

pics aren't loading

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
Well, since you *asked.* My 16 year old chubby baby.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Hasturtium posted:

Well, since you *asked.* My 16 year old chubby baby.

I honestly do not understand how you managed to take that picture. The urge I feel to hug that cat is irresistible and it is just a photo of them.

Xenomrph posted:

Today I learned that my ALLEGEDLY black cat has a handful of white hairs on her back.

I feel betrayed and lied to.

But it’s okay.

I have black spraypaint.

I can fix this.
The occasional white hair is acceptable. Age, illness, or simply something going wrong in a follicle are all handy excuses for individual white hairs. As a general rule, if a cat doesn't give a gently caress about a few hairs, then you shouldn't either. It'll all eventually end up on your clothing and inside your computer eventually.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

Pickled Tink posted:

I honestly do not understand how you managed to take that picture. The urge I feel to hug that cat is irresistible and it is just a photo of them.

She is a sweet old lady who snores like a trucker, and regularly asserts dominion over the midsection of anyone who lays on her couch. The other morning my wife was confused why she curled up and slept next to her body by the side of the bed before I pointed out that the heater blows there. She is sassy and also a genius.

edit:

Hasturtium fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 16, 2024

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

New scratching post is an instant hit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Snoozin’

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.

She's lookin' and she's thinkin'

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Hasturtium posted:

She is a sweet old lady who snores like a trucker, and regularly asserts dominion over the midsection of anyone who lays on her couch. The other morning my wife was confused why she curled up and slept next to her body by the side of the bed before I pointed out that the heater blows there. She is sassy and also a genius.

edit:

I love her :kimchi:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://i.imgur.com/9fdUkuB.mp4

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Licky girl has started a new habit of coming to this tree in our bedroom every morning and silently guarding us until we wake up (and feed her). :kimchi:

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

kaom posted:

Licky girl has started a new habit of coming to this tree in our bedroom every morning and silently guarding us until we wake up (and feed her). :kimchi:

How do you like that tree? Is it padded enough? Been seeing ads for it.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Our cats absolutely LOVE the bed on top which is very cushy. I thought they would spend less time on the lower platform but it’s getting use daily, so they seem quite happy with it. If I press down on that cushion I can feel where the screw is for the post below, but it isn’t anything more than a little bump.

I’m happy to take more close-up photos or different angles if you’re curious about anything! Feel free to PM.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

The Abyss stares back

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

kitty noses are all perfect

TheCondor
Oct 30, 2010

Mederlock posted:

The Abyss stares back

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Oh my sweet heavens :syoon: :five:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Jellybean, newest shelter cat in my room there. Sweet girl. The poor girl was adopted out from us as a kitten back in 2017, then she got picked up as a stray a few weeks ago and nobody can get a hold of the adopter. :smith:

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

:smith:

Well I’m very glad she’s inside and safe with a friend again! She’s lovely.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

https://i.imgur.com/rBY9sIo.mp4

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

So cozy.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

This donut cushion is a hot commodity.

(Her expression is “suspected sound of cat food.”)

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Should have known I was going to be in for the most disrupted sleep of my life after she gave me this look in the afternoon yesterday

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

kaom posted:

This donut cushion is a hot commodity.

When I got my (black) cat from the shelter they upsold me on one of those with the assurance that 'all cats will definitely use it'.

Did he ever, even as a kitten? Did he gently caress :p Mind you he seems to dislike soft surfaces in general, he won't sleep on blankets/duvets either. His bed is an old suitcase.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

It actually took our cats like 6 months to figure out that fabrics weren’t living creatures going to attack them (they used to run from/stalk everything). Then they fell in love with cushions and cat beds.

Who knows. Cats :shrug:

Jayne Doe
Jan 16, 2010

feedmegin posted:

Did he ever, even as a kitten? Did he gently caress :p Mind you he seems to dislike soft surfaces in general, he won't sleep on blankets/duvets either. His bed is an old suitcase.
My cat is like this too! She hates all of the fluffy cat beds and fluffy fabrics that people seem to love to put on cat products. The only fabric she seems to really like is fleece; otherwise, she'd much rather sleep on the wood floor or another hard surface. The anti-luxury cat.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Ascatic

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

The bottom of the laundry rack is the best seat in the house, this time surrendered to licky girl after she kept crawling under it trying to eject my sweater…

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
While I was sitting on the couch playing games, Sully climbed my body and stuck her face between my boobs & my 3DS to get some attention. A pretty successful attempt, if you ask me.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

YeahTubaMike posted:

While I was sitting on the couch playing games, Sully climbed my body and stuck her face between my boobs & my 3DS to get some attention. A pretty successful attempt, if you ask me.

:3:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hell, :same:

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Your forums name reminds of how I have a cat named Jonsie, which I named in honor of Ripley's cat in Alien/Aliens.

He's coal black though, not an orange tabby like the movie Jonsie so not canonically accurate I guess. Still a good cat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

all 6.7lbs of Boogie just turned lucky 13. she got blood work in January and is an A+ old cat.

Rumbus is a love. bug. he'll be a year old on ??? this month? or may? his favorite toy is shoelace followed by monkey man (monkey man is actually a hairy sloth with the crinkly noise arms). he wears a very handsome blue collar with milk cartons.

they are learning to, at times, tolerate one another