Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Black cats are the best.

Prospero is my little love bug. I have NEVER loved a pet like I love him. He always puts a smile on my face.

As a baby, NOMNOM

Awwww

He's kind of grown out of it but for awhile he had a thing for getting into plastic bags, to the point where he was wearing them. 9_9

"WTF, Mom? TRAITOR!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!
Black cats are the best. My little Prospero was found behind my house by the garbage. Barely old enough to leave his mama he comes running right up to me, meowing all the way. I was instantly in love and he is, hands down, the best cat I have ever had. He's sweet and cuddly and super affectionate and very brave which I LOVE. He's my sweet baby. Almost lost him last month due to a urinary blockage, I am so happy he is still with us!

He loves his harness and I take him for little walks around my front porch occasionally.

Candy Dawn
Aug 7, 2007

Ponsuke-san!!

superkittenhugs posted:

The relationship that you have with a cat that has chosen you rather than the other way around is incredibly difficult to explain to someone who has never experienced it. It is such an intense bond, one that feels less like a pet/master relationship and more like a true friendship or parent/child relationship. I'm sure that sounds ridiculously stupid to many people, but everyone I've ever met who has been in the situation seems to agree. It sounds as if Prospero choose you, so I'm wondering if you feel similarly?

Oh absolutely. Our relationship is so different from any other pet I've adopted myself. You're right, it's hard to explain.