Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Jasper is a sweet little dummy who insists on pacing in my lap, sitting sphinx style, and only being pet on his head, shoulders, and chest. I'll never understand this little gremlin but he's a good old man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

He has his moments. Normally he looks more normal.

He's a very skittish little guy with chronic upper respiratory issues & a lot of allergies. Thankfully he has reliable vet access (he's a shelter cat where I volunteer, adoption is in early talks). It's responsible for the weird behavior to a degree, doesn't want weight on his chest and skin gets irritated between allergy treatments, plus he wants to be able to run and hide. I've been working with him and he's a lot happier now than he was a year ago though.

Every once in a while he's really photogenic, too.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

At last 3 of the 5 manage to be in the same place at once. Now if Emmett would stop hiding with his boyfriend and Shari would come down from above head height we could get a whole family-and-friends picture.

Also featuring extra friends.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Pollyanna posted:

Look at all them babies.

They're sweet. Three of the five came out of a neglect situation and are still really skittish around people, but I've been working with them for the past year or two and they're doing better (Jasper as evident from previous pictures, Victoria and Emmett have moved to just freezing instead of running if they get pet which is... kind of progress). Shari (the other one off screen) is a lover and Beatrix is super chill.

Very good cats.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Every once in a while he's very photogenic.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Same from Jasper, the eternal :< face.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

https://i.imgur.com/wmMkRbp.mp4
Old man yells at cloud me, for not sitting down for him immediately.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

He's still in sick cat jail after major dental extraction and an upper respiratory infection, but Jasper is doing a ton better. He's so trusting too - he escaped on me when I was visiting with him, so to get him back I sat down so he could get on my lap. Climbed up onto me, I held him, he sprung out like a rabbit and... turned right back around and came right back to me. :kimchi:

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Witness the look of love
(Jasper is doing okay, just needed both hands to keep him from jumping down and messing up his healing gums on dry food in the room. Not much hands left for photos.)

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

endocriminologist posted:

this is my cat shes super cute and always kind!!!

You missed "tiny" and I love her.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

fluff

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

My beautiful son, thoroughly tired of me trying to take photos of him

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

His Divine Shadow posted:

Chilling in the hammock, in my experiences cats don't take to hammocks, but this one does

Not quite the human version, but our shelter guys love the ferret hammocks a visitor donated years back. For any cat that uses a crate as a place to chill, they're real easy to set up. Definitely recommend.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Dignified ill boy.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Jasper would also like to be appreciated. Unfortunately don't have good recent pictures of his siblings or of the other black cats.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Had some greeters on Halloween.
My shelter room is up to 6 black cats (and 2 tuxedo cats) now. Unfortunately the newest hates every other cat in the room. Gonna have to work with her a lot.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

She sleeps... unless?

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

she is comfy.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

he is precious

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

11th birthday for the 3 siblings (of 5) we still have.

Bloody damaged camera means the quality of photos has gone to hell, so I haven't had much to post. This is a good enough occasion to post anyway.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

He refused to let me wipe his nose off. Just wanted to sit there with his paws on my shoe.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

She is peak smug.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Morticia, one of the newest cats in my room at the cat shelter. Sweet little girl who doesn't understand that claws hurt when she climbs my leg, actually.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

kuskus posted:

Very good name! She looks like a chill sweetheart.

She was surprisingly sleepy yesterday. Normally she's a high energy terror. Escapes from the room and runs a lot, goes after every toy that shows up in the room, always right on top of visitors. Very sweet cat, just does not know such a thing as limits.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Jayne Doe posted:

How old is she?

I'd have to double check when I'm back there this weekend, but I believe she's two, maybe three?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Jellybean, newest shelter cat in my room there. Sweet girl. The poor girl was adopted out from us as a kitten back in 2017, then she got picked up as a stray a few weeks ago and nobody can get a hold of the adopter. :smith: