Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
I don't think my Pathfinder DM is very good. He never pre-reads the module, so we end up sitting around for like 10 minutes multiple times per night as we wait for him to figure out what the gently caress. And what makes that worse is that he has run this module before, with some of the same players at the table. He's got a pretty nice setup for us to play, but he has to drag some computers and poo poo like that around each and every time we come over, never before, always after we get there. Like it is some surprise that we might need this stuff at or about six o'clock.

He's also weird about deciding things on the fly. This past weekend we ran into some trouble against some robots and three of the four of us ended up knocked out. My plucky level 2 sorcerer was up and moving, but out of spells and with just a single hit point, as I had to chip away at a self-healing robot from a distance (thankfully at least he granted us the grace of the robot not being able to leave its room). I hit it with a flare gun and he openly debated for several minutes where the flare hit and if the flare could be removed or if it would just keep doing damage, yadda yadda yadda. He eventually determined some parameters and had an open roll to determine if the robot could get the drat thing out, but the alternative was the campaign grinding to a sudden halt because of a near total TPK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
Was he a WotC rep? They used to get paid in product. Or just kinda bad with money?

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

CobiWann posted:

I have been trying desperately to get my group to play a round of Paranoia. Just don't know which edition to use...

X X X X X

According to my DM, there is no such spell as Otto's Forbidden Lambada.

If it helps, Humble Bundle has the Mongoose edition up right now priced at less than a dollar a book.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/...hing_bookbundle