Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On Monday, my dog is getting her first teeth cleaning. I'm a nervous dog parent. :ohdear: The vet wants me to drop her off, ask that I go home, and they will call at some point in the day to ask that I come pick her up. This is pretty standard though right (Millie is my first dog)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

alg posted:

Usually I walk Pochi at lunch and late evening, but now she just gets late evening because its 100 fuckin degrees during the day.

edit: she goes out to go potty every hour or so in a shaded spot

Ooh hey a fellow Japanese Spitz owner! This has been the same for my dog, Millie. Every summer we go through this routine because it’s so hot, and the asphalt would burn her paws.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

AlexDeGruven posted:

Raised by Wolves?

Please say yes.

That show was completely unhinged and nuts, I loved it a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thank you for the dental recommendations. My dog is a total butt about getting her teeth brushed.

Speaking of butts though, Millie had a yearly check up at the vet today, and needs a follow up appointment scheduled for sedation and to have a closer look at her left anal gland. The vet wants to take a closer look at it because it was concerning. Rule out possibility of a tumor. Trying not to stress about that because there is really no reason to be concerned for now.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 4, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay Millie is back home with me now. She did well, her anal gland was impacted and it’s a good thing I got her in when I did. Vet wants to see her back in a week, and gave me pain medications and antibiotics to give her. Also wanted me to start giving her fiber, and I was wondering if there are any recommended supplements for dogs? Anything I could sprinkle in her food that might help?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would anyone like to see a picture of Millie?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

an egg posted:

today is a blessed day

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Millie would like for everyone to take a nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

alg posted:

Pochi's in

ooh heck yeah leggy is up in the air. that is a proper spitz right there.