Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean, that situation has played out probably hundreds of thousands of times in this games existence. I’m sure they can tell when people are shadow-stepped or summoned very easily. I’d bet that’s not what is getting people banned. The easiest explanation is usually the correct one. People are cheating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
bold to assume daybreak is competent enough to notice and actively ban people, i would agree

on the otherhand, it is daybreak, and their annual 'be active and and make money' time of the year is usually around TLP launch season

e: daybreak, darkpaw, whoever the half-dozen people assigned to this game are these days

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

RCarr posted:

I mean, that situation has played out probably hundreds of thousands of times in this games existence. I’m sure they can tell when people are shadow-stepped or summoned very easily. I’d bet that’s not what is getting people banned. The easiest explanation is usually the correct one. People are cheating.

Pulling from the team who runs Quarm, they have a "port" detector that works fairly well, they are often looking for movment greater then 1 shadowstep however. So catching port cheats is almost trival for daybreak. That said i doubt the logs are good enough if 3 mobs shadow step you in the same server tic.

That said, its labor intensive to hunt down port hackers and Daybreak just does not have the man power.