Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Cross posting from the psychedelics thread :

This is a bit of an odd question and I'm not quite sure how to phrase what I'm after, but I'm looking for if anyone has made audio tracks that are designed to be basically 'soundscapes' that use audio to create a sense of being in different environments. It's fine if there's music as well, but I'm primarily after tracks that heavily lean in to creating a sense of place and environment through audio.

I noticed that when tripping (particularly on a 2cb+weed combo), I love music that has elements of kinda atmospheric background noise. Good examples of this would be the start of Entheogenic's 'Body of Light' with its bird and water sounds that sounds like going through some tropical jungle swamp, the crickets/frogs etc at the start of Ott's 'One Day I Wish To Have This Kind of Time', or the people and bicycle noises in 'From Trunch to Stromness'. All these tracks though end up moving away from these atmospheric/ambient noises into straight up music, and I'd like something that is more of the former and less of the latter. Any ideas? Particularly artists that have a mix of environments (so not just nature sounds but also urban environments etc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
Thanks, that's definitely getting pretty close to what I had in mind. I think I'm gonna have to start making a play list mixing up tracks from a few different artists to get the amount of variety that I'd like.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Yeah probably not far off, just field recordings that have been mixed with some low key music and edited for variety. I don't so much want an hour of rainforest noise or an hour of traffic, but something that has been crafted deliberately to move between different environments from natural to urban etc. over the course of a couple hours of tracks. I'm imagining something that might move from like a cobbled street to a desert to a fishing vessel to a hunting lodge with a fire to a backyard garden.