Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

I thought the ToG anime was fine? GoH one looks decent from the first episode too.

Anyone been keeping up with UnOrdinary? It's been doing some interesting stuff, but I'm hoping the author hasn't gotten a little lost in their own story. There's a lot of loose threads that don't seem to have a way to get tied into what the central plot has developed into. Still enjoying the ride though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

What happened to Sword Sheath's Child? Scan sites I found for it just stopped updating like last year and I'm not sure if it's on a break or it got dropped for some reason. Some real great art and character designs in it.

E: dug a bit more and it seems to be on break for an unknown amount of time after finishing 'season 1'.

ATP_Power fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 21, 2023

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

I've actually been chewing through a bunch of wuxia series I've enjoyed quite a bit recently. Northern Blade (very good as previously mentioned, love the look of it), Return of the Martial God (the most dangerous martial artist ever gets sealed for 1000 years and when he's freed, stumbles into adopting an orphan and dedicates himself to being the best dad he can for her.), and Peerless Dad are all good fun. I tried out Return of the Mount Hua Sect, but found the MC way too obnoxious.

I hope that one day Sword Sheath's Child comes back from hiatus cause that series has phenomenal art and while slow about it, was cooking some cool stuff with the story too.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

GateOfD posted:

any notable series with a female lead?
Or even a good supporting character? Only one I can think of is the Lazy Count becomes a Swordmaster or something like that with the fiery redhead.

I Stole the Number One Ranker's Soul is a pretty fun 'dungeon invasion' story with a female MC. Office lady gets sucked into a dungeon break, gets super gathering skills when she awakens, watches the highest ranked adventurer in Korea die fighting the dungeon boss, but is able to use her skill to harvest his soul stone which lets him manifest as ghost who then starts guiding her to become a combat monster and try and clear all the dungeons.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

ORV is a fun series, and I enjoy where it goes in the back half, but that's a ways off for the webtoon which should finish around 2031 at its current pace of adaptation.

It's technically an isekai (though it doesn't come up often) but Martial Wild West has been a fun alt history murim series about a Chinese colonization of the Western US by an undying Han dynasty juiced up by murim magic. Think lone drifter Western serial but with murim martial arts instead of gunplay.