Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

That Works posted:

Eleceed has been one of my favorites for a good while. Cute / wholesome / decent story so far.

Lately I am kinda liking 'Taekwondo Kid' on webtoon. The art is not gonna blow you away but it has its own style. I think what really makes it work is the MC is kind of average trying to get better and the author/artist really capture well the nerves you get before competition etc. Even the really confident martial artists are all kinda low key trying not to freak out before getting on the mat etc and that was really relatable to someone who practiced and competed a lot at that age.

I think Eleceed might be my Favorite Manhwa right now. Its nice to have a fun action fantasy series that isn't isekai/cultivation/VRMMO. Just a fun series with a lot of goofy cat faces. Taekwondo kid is interesting, but I find the main character kind of boring so far, and the weird health bar addition to Taekwondo tournaments is kind of unbelievable to me.

Its a kind of basic isekai, but I have been enjoying Latna Saga: Survival of a Sword King, I think the humor and characters are pretty fun. It is an interesting take on isekai, with a decent cast of characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
So I started reading "God, Please Make Me a Demon!" and I have been pleasantly surprised how good it is. The art is good and the humor hits me just right. Basically a high school drama, except the main girl is a demon that has to do good deeds to get her Demon powers back. She is my favorite kind of meddler, just always sticking her nose in everything and somewhat clueless about social norms, and her side kicks work well with her. It has been a nice change of pace from the more serious or action focused high school stuff I have been reading.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011

khy posted:

Good series I've picked up recently :

1) Trash of the Count's family. I like it because the MC is rude but not an rear end in a top hat. He's got a foul mouth and will act like trash but in reality he's kind of a pushover who cares for people even if he talks like a dick. He has cute kittens that are also kids and gets a dragon buddy and I enjoy it.

2) The Lazy Lord masters the Sword. I like it because the MC gets a cool puss-in-boots master and is about to go on a fun journey to be an incredible badass. The MC's kind of got this incredibly bland personality but he's slowly coming around and becoming more interesting over time.

I loving love cats.

Fair warning about trash of the counts family, it is based on a light novel that is still ongoing and at almost 800 chapters, so don't expect a conclusion any time soon. I enjoyed Father, Unrivaled, but I wish it kept being about dad stuff instead of going into political stuff. I have no idea what the plot is really about now. SSS Class Revival Hunter is another action fantasy series I have been enjoying. It starts pretty cliche with the main character basically getting the ability to revive24 hours before dying, but it goes places, the author ends up changing genres as they explore new worlds, and it is pretty good so far. It is another based on a long light novel though, so again don't expect a conclusion any time soon.

Roxors
Feb 18, 2011
So for anyone else reading Weak Hero, The gently caress just happened. I assume he isn't dead, but it feels like a joke to have the main villain get hit by a truck because he decided to demand a fight from the main character in the middle of the highway at night. What a bizarre choice, it feels like a strange cop out.