Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Jerusalem posted:

I agree with Young Freud. I've always been a much bigger fan of the idea that Nero's ship is just a huge loving mining ship with technology a century or more ahead of TOS-era stuff, and that's why it is able to tear through them so easily when it would probably be torn to shreds by the "modern" equivalents of the Enterprise from its own era.

I'm in agreement on this when it come to the how and why Nero's ship is able to wreck the poo poo out of pre-era TOS ships, and I say pre-era because the Enterprise in Trek 09 was 100% state of the art at the start of that movie on the timeline. I mean Nero is a really pissed off space red-neck that has a fetish for his species military and through sheer dumb luck gets transported back in time 150 years to where even his low tech mining equipment can destroy anything it comes up against in the same way that transporting Killdozer back to Gettysberg would see it wreck the poo poo out of anything it went up against. Pit Nero up against the Enterprise E and he gets squashed as fast as Killdozer would be if it went up against an M1-A1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread