Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unmature
May 9, 2008
Jesus, life must be so horrifyingly boring and stressful for someone who cares so much about all this inconsequential garbage.

I saw Into Darkness last week and am going back for seconds Sunday. It has some serious flaws and I'm liking it less the more I think about it, but it's one of the best action films in years. I avoided the 3D on my first viewing since it was terrible in Iron Man 3, but I hear it's great in STID so I'll probably go for it on my second watch. What did 3D viewers think of it? STID has a lot more CG than Iron Man 3, so maybe the action will look better. Plus JJ doesn't seem like one to half-rear end something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
The only part that seemed like 1950's "YOU ARE WATCHING A THREE DIMENSIONAL MOVING PICTURE" was when Cumberbatch stuck his arm through the hole in the glass wall toward the camera. I imagined him, Kirk and Bones going, "WhooOOOOOOOah, WHOOOOOOAAH, whooooOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAooooooohhhh!"

Unmature
May 9, 2008
New Half In the Bag is 45 minutes straight about Into Darkness: http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-star-trek-into-darkness/

They didn't like it.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

1st AD posted:

I wouldn't trust their Star Trek reviews because they've all been the spergiest pieces of poo poo ever which have focused 100% on plot and almost nothing else.

How is it spergy? They clearly said something to the effect of "Make a new dumb Star Trek and make it it's own thing, just make it good."

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I can't wait til JJ Abrams sees this thread and changes the movie.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I don't think JJ or any of the new writers give half a poo poo about "canon." And neither do I for that matter. The time travel stuff was a clever way to set up a new universe, but let it just be that. Let the new movies be their own thing without decades of backstory and confusing canon weighing it down.

Maybe the red matter black hole event caused ripples in time like Superboy paunching crisis.

Plus, isn't like 60% of all previous Start Trek stuff complete garbage? I like Trek a lot and even I'll admit that.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

api call girl posted:

should've been obvious to even you.

Come on, don't be an rear end in a top hat.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

He's weilding an anti-aircraft cannon one-handed, and not even bothering with cover because he doesn't give a gently caress.

Yeah, but... so? Taking this movie as its own we have NO reference point for how powerful a klingon really is. I guess we see them eff up Kirk, but he got beat up a ton in the first movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Gatts posted:

If they go with Picard reboot then let's go ST:ANG (Star Trek: Action New Generation) for this new series. So much action and fast paced things being flung at you that they don't need warp, they all can run to their destination really loving hard wearing warp boots from 1 to 9 and transwarp where freaky stuff goes down.

Jean Luc Picard: Clive Owen, "Diplomatic immunity? It's been revoked. BLAST 'EM TO HELL, ALL WEAPONS!"

William Riker: Bradley Cooper, "Baby I just wanna live the smooth life but I got this responsibility an' poo poo. What up wid dat?"

Data: CG Fulgore from Killer Instinct, "Can I feel? FEEL THIS, BITCHES!" *slice and dice*

Troi: Megan Fox, "Just as useless as before."

Worf: The Rock, "KAPLAH? I'mma gonna turn that sumbitch sideways and kaplah up yo candy rear end!"

Dr. Crusher: Gina Carano, "They call me Dr. Crusher for a reason...I'mma crush you between my thighs!"

LaForge: Idris Elba, "LaForge is a sex machine now, awww yeah. Where them holo-bitches at?"

Wesley Crusher: Basically CG Snarf from Thundercats.

First movie based on Naked Time.

I'd watch the gently caress out of this movie so hard.

But seriously, Bradley Cooper could potentially be a really great Riker.

• Locked thread