Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

aBagorn posted:

Ugh, I despise 3D movies (I have a problem viewing them), so I won't be able to see this.

I feel the same way. Trying to put 3D glasses on top of my normal glasses is a huge pain for 2 hours. I suppose I could buy contacts, but I'm not going to buy contacts just so I can watch 3D movies once a year.

If only they'd come out with retinax V already.

EDIT: VVV Well, doesn't mean I don't want it invented for everyone else :colbert:

Apple Jax fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Nov 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Comfortador posted:

3d movies bother you huh?

Has anyone tried these?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/e9b4/

They're still glasses I'd have to put on top of my normal glasses :colbert:

And, I don't suppose those glasses make the movie less expensive do they? 3D movie tickets usually end up being way expensive.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Senor Tron posted:

That looks like a really fun movie. Definitely not Star Trek of old, but entertaining.

The shot of the cliff with all the red vegetation totally reminds me of War of the Worlds.

Trailer doesn't look bad and yeah it's definitely not the Star Trek of old which is unfortunate, but it is what it is! I just hope they don't take this new movie in too much of a super hero direction.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, I saw the new trailer. I'm not feeling anything. It's certainly got a lot of stuff exploding and people kicking each other and a bad guy who is bad. It looks really generic and that teaser makes it look like a movie I've already seen a million times. Meh.

My feeling as well. The first JJ Abrams movie was pretty far from what TOS was, but this looks even farther. Just a generic action movie with maybe some Star Trek elements/characters in it. People will buy tickets to go see it, a lot of people not fans of Star Trek will go see it, which is what they're going for.

It really just looks like it'll be a super hero movie that might take place in space for maybe a second.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Some Other Guy posted:

That's not shaped like the Enterprise at all. It looks more like a shuttle-craft or a science ship or something. I don't really see how you can make out the "17" either.

Looks like it could be a nacelle or something. But, who knows.

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF

Aatrek posted:

TrekMovie's got a new article with a bunch of details up. I'm still not overly thrilled about the Carol Marcus-in-Starfleet thing.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/10/alice-eve-character-7-more-star-trek-into-darkness-characterstory-details-revealed-at-bad-robot-visit/

Wow, Carol Marcus in Starfleet is pretty hosed up. Also, Alice Eve is no Bibi Besch.

The only small hope that arises from this is that hopefully the Kirk/Marcus relationship will replace the horrible Spock/Uhura romance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
My biggest hope for the new movie is that Spock's character is less of a complete mess and more in character than what he was in the first. Seeing him with Uhura in the trailer sort of seems like he won't, and I'm sure they'll be playing up the whole fact that Vulcan is gone and we'll see Spock throw a few more tantrums yet again.

• Locked thread