Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Acid Jerk posted:

I look at it like this.

Star Trek 5 - Fun banter between Kirk, Spock and McCoy.

Generations - Bridge on the captain. Reused bird of play explosion

Insurrection - Skin Stretching

Nemesis - What were they thinking

Generations at least had some gorgeous shots of the big D before it got taken out like a punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Some Other Guy posted:

Technically the Sisko probably is in the wormhole no matter what timeline you're looking at.

Even though it would never happen, this would be amazing. Halfway through the movie, The Sisko pops out of nowhere and starts ACTING everywhere devouring large parts of the sets and lens flares. A man can dream though.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

I said come in! posted:

Back when JJTrek was first announced, I was pretty hostile towards the idea of new actors playing Spock and Kirk. But now i've embraced it and love it quite a bit. I can see a reboot of TNG happening with a new actor playing a young Picard. We've already seen episodes of TNG with a young version of Picard anyways.

Hell, you could still have Stewart play Picard. Dude has barely aged after 25 years. Of you could get the guy from x-men first class I guess.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

The Dark One posted:

I would unironically want to see Tom Hardy's take on a rebooted Picard.

It'd be pretty hilarious seeing him in the spandex uniform after he's bulked up in recent years. I feel like I'll be disappointed with whoever they cast in this hypothetical role if it isn't Eccleston now that that idea is in my head.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Borg cubes are not round spaceships :colbert:

I'd argue that this monstrosity is pretty pointy too.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I just want shorter nacells and a better engineering set. If we've got to trash this Enterprise to get it then I say go for it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
You're telling me that these new versions of the characters are supposed to be "more extreme" and "not your Daddy's Star Trek" but Kirk won't even roll a hard six? If he want's to warp in atmosphere, then he'll loving warp in atmosphere.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Plus if it's half as cool as "The Adama Maneuver" it'll be worth it, technobable be damned.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

OrganizedEntropy posted:

Well, at least the producers did think about it though! This chart uses velocities that were given for each value of warp in the Star Trek TNG Technical Manual.

So ummm what about that TNG episode where the future Enterprise D can go to warp 13?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Regarde Aduck posted:

That sure does look old and boring. Much like you I imagine.

Laddy, don't you think you should rephrase that?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The Borg thing comes from the prequel comics which are fanwank and aren't canon from what I've heard.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I'm not really bothered by most of the spoilers, just disappointed. That ending though sounds incredibly stupid and I hope it isn't true.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Some Other Guy posted:

What kind of idiot would waste their time watching TOS, that dumb poo poo isnt real star trek

Yeah now this is real trek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FM6Xfs2ZoY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjmLnOzgRpE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8mSO7G_q3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kubQL-0gt_Q

:v:

e: forgot one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M38niSUEWtY

Pops Mgee fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Apr 24, 2013

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
So umm if Khan's blood is magic and can raise the dead, why didn't he use it on his wife when she died on Ceti Alpha V?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Dan Didio posted:

That's a different dude.

It's still Khan though. Even if it's a different timeline, there's no reason why he would magic blood in one but not the other. Everything that happened before he got unfrozen should still be basically the same.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Now I'm dissappointed. Olmos would have been amazing and now that that idea is in my head, this move will never live up to it. I want to see Khan beat up Spock with a flashlight and go to warp while doing an atmo drop.:black101:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Some Other Guy posted:

Why are they wearing masks again? Was it just to be dramatic about revealing what JJTrek Klingons look like?

Some think it has to do with the augment stuff from enterprise and they're ashamed of their smooth foreheads. Odds are its probably just cheaper and easier than giving everyone the makeup.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

forever gold posted:

Eric Bana was already a lower tier A lister in Hollywood and has been for a decade. Benedict Cumberbatch is almost entirely unknown in the U.S. I have seen couple of episodes of Sherlock and do think he's a capable actor, but, as the article I linked claims, there's the strong chance that the role went to him because of foreign box office considerations. No one in America is excited about Benedict Cumberbatch.

I'm excited for Cummerbatch, but I watch a lot of BBC stuff so I'm probably not the norm.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
I know it's not the point of Star Trek but I'm super mad that it looks like the Enterprise is going to get it's rear end kicked yet again. I just want to see it shoot stuff and blow up another ship okay? This is supposed to be the flagship of starfleet and everyone has made it look like a chump.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

blowfish posted:

Why do they have to fly the NX-01 Enterprise at the end. Why couldn't we just pretend Star Trek Enterprise never happened.

Jokes on you after the timeline alterations, Star Trek Enterprise is the only series that actually happened. Also Enterprise gets a bad rap and is at least better than Voyager.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Voyager reboot!

We already had that, it was called Battlestar Galactica.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Tighclops posted:

I'm betting the bit in the trailer where Bones is all "you wanna go back out there again?" is from the end of the movie and they're looking up at their next ship, which will be either another 1701-A or the Excelsior.

There's no loving way that they end the 50th anniversary movie with the original crew being transplanted to the Excelsior. That would just feel wrong.

• Locked thread