Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Yeah but his wife is still dead / not born yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
There's actually some comic I somehow got a hold of before the movie came out that explains all this in depth but lord knows where I got it or what happened in it.

I remember Geordi designed that space ship. And I think Spock was going rogue to help Romulus and the other Vulcans refused to help him or something.

I don't know, it all made perfect sense when I saw the movie.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
No, I'm pretty sure the screenwriters at least outlined the plot of the comics and got story credits. All they are is basically an extended cut of the whole mind-meld backstory so it was material they came up with anyway.

In my experience the comics made Nero's motivations make more sense, not less, I feel like I was misunderstood.

Edit: Here's the plot summary: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Countdown#section_2

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
I like it. Shows an attention to detail and internally consistent universe.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Haha wtf how short is your memory? You think that's a plothole? I still remember what the kid that slapped my best friend in the face in the high school cafeteria said to him a decade ago, I'd definitely remember exactly what caused a bloody, bar-clearing brawl. Especially when they then went to Starfleet Academy together and saw each other on a regular basis. Get real.

edit: no it's not
vvv

Role Play McMurphy fucked around with this message at 05:25 on May 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
He's playing V-ger.

• Locked thread