Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

ApexAftermath posted:

All under the assumption that Marcus had murdered his crew in the cryopods. I'm not going to say he is "not a bad dude" but it's a little more nuanced than Khan being a Bond villain.

Also in "past earth" hadn't he been busy committing genocide against none uplifted humans anyway? It's hardly as if he'd been a decent but war like guy beforehand.

I enjoyed the film, as someone who wouldn't know Khan from Adam it was good fun and very good at keeping up suspense against certain set pieces. I also liked Khan cracking the admirals skull like an egg, that was worryingly brutal and terrifying. Wish he had been of a more "accurate" lineage now that that has been pointed out, but nevertheless I thought it was very good.

Also I didn't know that mister Monteblan was Mexican! You learn something new every day!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Phylodox posted:

According to what we learn in Space Seed he was a basically benign dictator, the least violent and most successful of his era. Pretty much everyone in that episode expresses sympathy and admiration for Khan at one point or another.

Must admit I have only ever seen the next generation and bits of Leonard Nimoy's acting. Though that is an interesting little titbit, thanks!

• Locked thread