Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Gyges posted:

I did not get that at all from them. They start out humanizing him a little, and then he goes around rescuing government leaders to get secret codes from them and then dump them in space, uses those codes to infiltrate a double top secret Romulan base to force upgrades to his ship with Borg tech and then goes on a hunt for completely misplaced vengeance. The comics even make it worse because you see how hard Spock is working to save Romulus only to have this crazy dude blame him.

I know I've joked that JJTrek is far closer to Nemesis than most people realize, but drat.

Bald, Romulan miner nobody rapidly, inexplicably gains power and builds a Super Comic Book Ship of Spikes and Super Weapons in a top secret Romulan base and goes out for misplaced vengeance against $MAJOR_TREK_CHARACTER, with the intent of destroying Earth with his gigantic planet-killer.

Crackpipe fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 13, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Professor Clumsy posted:

Star Trek Into a Colon.

Lunch a Class 2 probe!

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Zzulu posted:

Aliens has aged really well. I don't know what some of you are smoking

Just don't watch the remastered Blu-Ray in five or ten years.

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

DFu4ever posted:

The movie is over 25 years old already. If it doesn't look aged to someone yet, it likely never will.

I was referring to the new color grading.

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Cingulate posted:

I wonder, why does Nero feel kind of lame? I don't see where his acting is lacking; granted, his ship is a bit silly and he has the universal mark of people nobody will ever take serious, the face tattoo, but Bana is playing him fine, and he doesn't really have bad lines or anything.
Yet, he doesn't really leave a mark. Why?

He's basically Schinzon and his ship is the Scimitar II. That's why. Same mistakes, different movie.

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

lizardman posted:

^^ They had NO problem showing off the Enterprise blowing up for the Star Trek III trailer, and the Nemesis trailer proudly displayed the Enterprise-E ramming.

They managed to keep the Enterprise-D crash scene out of the ads for Generations, though, and I'm glad they did because that was the most amazing thing my younger self had ever seen in a movie theater in my life at the time.

I think your childhood brain blocked it out.

It was in the TV spots, too.

Crackpipe fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Mar 24, 2013

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise - Suddenly canon

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Astroman posted:

Well technically, the concept of a Dreadnaught was from the Franz Joseph Technical Manual. It had 3 nacelles, though, much like the Dreadnaught from the novel (which to be fair looked pretty badass on the cover):

:doh: I meant to say Franz Joseph's book, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackpipe
Jul 9, 2001

Blistex posted:

My number one "shout at screen" thing has always been, "You just destroyed one enemy by hitting it with 4 photons, do it again to the other two!" The TNG episode where they send Tasha back in time with the Enterprise C is a perfect example. Three Klingon Birds of prey show up. They destroy one in 5 seconds, but just sit there doing nothing until they are destroyed. Do they have to carry those torpedoes by hand from another part of the ship to launch them? "poo poo, we just fired all 4 in the tubes, maybe we should have had another 4 waiting?"

Ah, sperging out over Trek. If only my basement was habitable, then everything would be right in the world.

Yeah, that convinced me the Federation deserved to lose the war.

• Locked thread