Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Barometer posted:

You mean to say that a non-white character was played by a non-white actor? A Latino in "tanface", no less...44 years ago, and that's going to be your standard, now? At least 44 years ago they decided to hire someone who wasn't whiter than Kirk for the role of an Indian. 2012, however, and we're back to square one.

Not even considered, I bet.

If they wanted an Indian guy for Khan they could've cast Kal Penn, and then the film's conflict could be solved by Sulu and Khan bonding over a huge blunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

BrandonGK posted:

Films with black leads who aren't established stars usually struggle overseas.

Shame we don't have any data to support this, given that Hollywood never casts any black leads besides Will Smith and Denzel Washington.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Voyage Home rules, you dummies. I know that and I don't even like Star Trek.

Voyage Home is terrible, probably my least favourite of the original cast movies. Search For Spock is boring as hell but at least it's not trying to be funny and failing horribly.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I took it to be because he was full of rage and none-too-intelligent.

• Locked thread