Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Nero's angry at Spock because he failed to stop the disaster which both killed his pregnant wife and destroyed Romulus (which was the purpose of the Red Matter in Spocks's ship). Both Nero and Spock got pulled into the anomaly by accident; neither intended to go back in time.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 03:58 on May 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
With the grey/silver shirt, it can only be Finnegan!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
That looks exactly like the Klingons from the deleted scenes from the 2009 movie. I wouldn't put TOO much stock in that.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Pretty cool (and FAN-MADE) trailer. Calling it "Star Trek 2" in the end credits is a dead giveaway that it's a fake - but well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-13Ic19WUs&hd=1

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Arise, thread! 9-minute Dark Knight Rises-style IMAX preview with The Hobbit in December:

http://trekmovie.com/2012/11/14/breaking-9-minute-preview-of-star-trek-into-darkness-to-debut-in-imax-3d-on-december-14/

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Caryna posted:

So if I have tickets for Hobbit IMAX 3D on the 13th December I'm missing out on this? Sad face.

Well, the midnight IMAX is technically 12:01 AM on the 14th, so you're probably okay.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Source, please.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Sally Kellerman vs. Alice Eve.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Mogomra posted:

Who's idea was it to fly the Enterprise under water? drat it, Troi, get out of the bridge! :rant:

Neither the ship coming out of the water, nor the one crashing into water is the Enterprise. Both are shaped all wrong.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Yonic Symbolism posted:

I'm not sure a Star Trek show, even a top notch one, could work today.
It was somewhat slowly paced, a lot of things happened offscreen (battles mainly consisted of people at terminals narrating what was going on)

Excuse me.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Dec 7, 2012

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
So basically,

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I read some interesting theory about that hand shot - we know that Bruce Greenwood is back for this one, and he was already Spock's commanding officer last time around... what if he's getting his Delta radiation poisoning behind that glass wall?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

Even then the stereotypes were a little uncomfortable: the black bouncer, the lesbian security chief, the female empathy officer.

um

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Cellophane S posted:

Proof that Frakes is a cool cat

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
All right then, the hand behind glass is Cumberbatch.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Some Other Guy posted:

...what? John Harrison? That sounds a lot like "Gary Mitchell" except it's not Gary Mitchell. Unless someone else knows who this is my guess is they just changed the name since he was a minor character anyway.

I'm betting it's a marketing pseudonym. Don't want to spoil the plot this early.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Oh, come on dude. You seriously have a problem with producers of a film wanting to keep details quiet until it's released?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Just because (if) she's Carol Marcus, it still doesn't make Cumberbatch Khan. David was already like 25 when Star Trek II rolled around.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Yeah, that 'Harrison' guy was in a handful of different episodes of the original series as a glorified extra. It's a super common name, and I'm betting it's just a coincidence.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
TrekMovie's got a new article with a bunch of details up. I'm still not overly thrilled about the Carol Marcus-in-Starfleet thing.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/12/10/alice-eve-character-7-more-star-trek-into-darkness-characterstory-details-revealed-at-bad-robot-visit/

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Drew McWeeny over at HitFix has a very compelling theory about Cumberbatch's true nature.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Robert April was the first captain of the Enterprise, before Pike.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Pops Mgee posted:

Generations at least had some gorgeous shots of the big D before it got taken out like a punk.

Click for biiiiiig

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Okan170 posted:

Now if only they could have traveled through time and applied that same paint job and lighting to the model in the series. Seriously gorgeous stuff there, its as if they knew they were only getting maybe 7 shots of the ship and wanted them to count.

Check out the Blu-rays, man.

Aatrek fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Dec 13, 2012

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Steve Yun posted:

"Now that's what I call...

... A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE"

:downsrim:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
What you think happened:

What really happened:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Dammit, this IMAX doesn't have the Trek preview. Le sigh.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Timby posted:

See, I don't get this. Show me one camera setup that Nimoy did on III or IV that beats the amazing dolly shot that moves from everyone on the bridge of the Enterprise agape at the appearance of "God," only to show that no one has seen that the Bird of Prey is moving in to attack (with an excellent little Goldsmith cue to go with it).

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
They're both from ST5.

:siren: A VIDEO OF THE 9-MINUTE TREK PREVIEW HAS LEAKED ONLINE :siren:

Don't be a dummy and post a link to it, okay?

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Holy Christ, I'm so stoked for Into Darkness now.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
New trailer is up!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

...was Chekov in red the last time?

Nope. Looks like he's running through the Engineering set.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
If that's the Enterprise taking a beating, it looks like they switched out the deflector dish for a gold one.

Also, I'm digging that TMP-era insignia on Kirk's dress uniform.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
The TNG cast was actually asked about that possibility on the TNG Season 2 Blu-ray interview session, and they're not too keen on it :)

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I think having Shatner on-screen would have taken everything out of Pine's work on the film.

Nimoy was much more important, I thought. Quinto and Nimoy really got to know each other during production, which I'm sure helped Quinto form his version of Spock.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Rhyno posted:

I really, really want to see a revamp of TNG with the cast of the Shield now.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Joe Don Baker posted:

Eagerly awaiting the Ferengi latinum train story arc.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Here's the image of what you're referring to:

Click me!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Man, apparently the internet is full of genius funny people, because these lens flare jokes are certainly the height of comedy.

Oh man, Doom 3 is DARK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

• Locked thread