Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
So has anyone posted this yet?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/9285164/How-Simon-Pegg-became-a-big-fish.html

An interview with Simon Pegg where he says that Cumberbatch is not playing Khan.

quote:

Pegg is full of praise for Cumberbatch’s baddy, whom he describes as “not just another disgruntled alien. It’s a really interesting… sort of… thing,” he squirms. “Obviously I can’t talk about it.” Given internet rumours that Cumberbatch has been cast as Kirk and Spock nemesis Khan, will this be a very different “wrath of Khan” from the 1982 film of the same name? “It’s not Khan,” replies Pegg, annoyed. “That’s a myth. Everyone’s saying it is, but it’s not.”

Is that misinformation from the famously secretive Abrams camp? “No, I think people just want to have a scoop. It annoys me – it’s beyond the point to just ferret around for spoilers all the time to try to be the first to break them,” says Pegg, a fanboy’s fanboy who wrote an autobiography called Nerd Do Well and who seems to have forgotten that part of the thrill of being a comic book/film/sci-fi fan is about getting as many details as possible in advance. “It just spoils the film,” he complains. “It masquerades as interest in the movie but really it’s just nosiness and impatience. You just want to say, ‘Oh f--- off! Wait for the film!’”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I'm hoping if it's a reused TOS villian, it's Gary Mitchell.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
So, Karl Urban might have let it slip in a recent interview that the villian Cumberbatch plays is Gary Mitchell. Which is a way better choice than Khan, in my opinion.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I wonder if this means Alice Eve is playing Elizabeth Dehner?

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I thought it was the name of the Enterprise-B Captain for a second, but that was John Harriman.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

penismightier posted:

Into Darkness succeeded at that when it was evoking things from DS9 and Undiscovered Country, but everything Khanish was just so lovely.

I've never been so disappointed as when the first reviews came out and the villain turned out to be Khan and not Gary Mitchell like the earliest rumours said. You could avoid so much of the pitfalls of STID and barely have to change anything major from the script. Make Khan and his frozen past buddies into weird Godlike weapon experiments and it becomes another reference that hardcore fans think is neat, instead of the whitewashed retread of biggest TOS bad guy that we got instead.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Beyond the darkness they just left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/star-trek-actor-anton-yelchin-dies-car-crash-39972793

Well, gently caress. :(

• Locked thread