Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Glasgerion
Jul 25, 2007
Strike on strike on
Wow, really looking forward to seeing how some of these turn out.

Here's my last-minute entry: Disarmament - the game of very polite atomic crisis

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GTUXBK55uB8oY3Un7BDS11q3b3BDweg4GSgFpv3CIqA/edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glasgerion
Jul 25, 2007
Strike on strike on

Mors Rattus posted:

Sadly, this is locked.

Ah, my mistake. You should be able to see it now.

Glasgerion
Jul 25, 2007
Strike on strike on

Thanks for the feedback. I was a little crunched for time on the outline so I didn't get in everything I wanted, like more detailed resolution. My original idea was even more board game-y, but I've been turning the idea around in my head and I think it can work as an RPG with some more development. My thinking was that a group of threats would be roughly analogous to a combat/encounter in other games, and between those there'd be roleplaying involving making public statements, having meetings with other players, and dealing with NPC bureau chiefs, undercover contacts, etc.

Glasgerion
Jul 25, 2007
Strike on strike on
Here's my rules module for Disarmament.

It includes the basic rules, as well as a breezy example of play. Unfortunately I was too lazy to make art.

Since I left it out of the outline here are my plans for the remaining modules:
Module 2: full information on character creation and lists of abilities, assets, and threats. This will be enough information to run a real game.
Module 3: a sample adventure, additional setting details such as factions , and some possible rules and setting variants.

Glasgerion
Jul 25, 2007
Strike on strike on
Here's Disarmament module 2, with character creation and content for abilities, threats, and assets.

Didn't get to do quite as much testing as I'd like. We'll see how it turns out.

Glasgerion
Jul 25, 2007
Strike on strike on
Here's the final module for Disarmament, in two parts.

The first is the sample adventure and characters.
The second is some extras - NPC factions and some extra content for a version with sci-fi elements.

Glasgerion
Jul 25, 2007
Strike on strike on

MiltonSlavemasta posted:

I am interested in playtesting Retrocausality , gently caress you Erick Wujcik and, god help me Intersector. I don't have a game in the thread.

Edit: For Clarification, I am down to play or GM in these games, although FYEW I hear has plenty of willing GMs already. I do not understand Intersector but will do my best if a bunch of people want to play it with me as GM.

I'll join in on any of these if you're running them.

If anyone needs a player for things I'm usually available around 7pm - 1am EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glasgerion
Jul 25, 2007
Strike on strike on
I don't think I'd be able to put together a playtest for Disarmament in time. If someone else does one that'd be cool, but no sweat either way.

Also, I forgot to post about the Ministry of Heaven playtest I participated in. It was fun! I think the previous comments hit most of the points but here are my two cents:

Mechanically, I like the idea of the metagame surrounding blackjack and poker though I agree the bidding felt sort of unweildy. It was little tough to figure out what to do with scenes sometimes, particularly since there doesn't seem to be a mechanical link between what happens in the scenes and what problems are solved 'officially' by the blackjack phase. Likewise with how talents and flaws are used, unless I missed something.

Naturally everything took longer since it was our first time, but it seems like it takes some team effort to keep the game moving, which is necessary due to the number of rounds. All in all though I think the game gives a good framework for creating scenarios which makes for a nice self-generating story, and the theme lead to a lot of humor.