Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

kastein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiywGK7frY

I would rock the poo poo out of that Brat.

This makes me sad that I did not buy the '80s GL wagon that had a lift kit on it and a ej22 motor swapped in it. Also makes me want to buy/install a lift kit on my girlfriends outback while she is out of town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Lotus Europa?

Actually, after your second description prolly not, but it was the first thing that came to mind from the drawing.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Preoptopus posted:

Tried for an hour to find the video of Clarkson's Merak exploding itself out of its own tailpipe all over the street.
he bought his for under 20,000 pounds mind you.

Horacio is mad pimpin.

http://youtu.be/wOYmiA1ZoFE?t=1m23s

That was the first thing I thought of as well.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

I was out in the Mendocino area of northern CA and managed to fall into a rotting log that I didnt notice had a soft spot and was swarmed by thousands of these big reish 1" long fuckers that were pretty painful, not true fire ants though I believe. Also the time I knelt to tie my shoe in Salinas and my knee broke into an underground wasp nest.

As a kid, running around a beach up in Alaska, I jumped onto a old 55 gallon drum jumping from drift wood to drift wood. Apparently it was full of wasps which proceeded to chase after me only stinging me on the face. Good thing I am not allergic since we were a good hour plane flight from the nearest hospital in Juneau. Well more like 2 hours since they would have had to fly out to get me.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

GramCracker posted:

I want one...really badly. It's so dang :3:

You're in luck, since the CL ad that the article referenced is still up!

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

CharlesM posted:

Seattle. This person must have come down for the weekend. Usually I only see the BC folks out by the discount mall though. :v:

I thought that van looked familiar, I have seen the same one running around the city a few times. It looks like all it would take is a slight side wind to push it over.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

IOwnCalculus posted:

Hard to decide but despite the massive risk of death, I'm gonna slot this one in here.

Are you saying that you have never gone car sledding before? Granted I always did it in big open parking lots without curbs or anything and on a sled that I wasn't held into. Was it stupid and dangerous? Of course, but I wouldn't say it was massive risk of death...

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

atomicthumbs posted:

the problem is when the car makes a turn and you die.

There was a running challenge for who could shake the sledder fastest. Taking corners is the fun part of it. We were kinda smart about it at least. The tow rope was not tied to the sled, you had to hold onto it, so if the drive got to crazy, you just let go and slide to a stop. Most of the time we also wore full face motorcycle helmets. If I remember correctly, top speed we hit was like 35mph when we found a huge parking lot.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

That's the fun part!

I dunno about you but when I was 16-25 I was literally invincible. :colbert:

Also this. Lets not even start on the stupid poo poo we did to entertain ourselves when I spent my summers on my dads work boat up in SE Alaska.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

DropShadow posted:

And they look fun on other cars.

I do like the look of that, but I have always loved the AMG monoblock wheels

Part of me wants to do something like that to my jetta wagon, but I am pretty sure my girlfriend would kill me.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

This makes me wish I would have kept the piston my dad used to have in storage. Don't think it was that big, but it was close. It was out of the main engine on this thing

Velero IV

Used to be owned by a friend of my dads. Beautiful boat that I would love turn into a yacht if I had the money.

*edit*

Managed to find some engine specs:

Model #: 6HM3358
Bore & Stroke: 15" x 19"
Cylinders: six
Horsepower: 600
RPM: 300

I remember watching it ram a dock up in alaska since the engine doesn't have a transmission, so to put it in reverse you have to shut it down. Well the engine didn't feel like starting up after being put in reverse and took out a couple of pilings.

slurry_curry fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Apr 22, 2014

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Das Volk posted:

Given what it says and the fact it uses the USMC logo I'm betting the dent in the bumper next to it was a result of the sticker.

I think a dented bumper is the best case scenario if you are driving a car with that sticker anywhere near a military base. Out of all the branches, why would you pick the marines to piss off?

88h88 posted:

*leaves this and steps out of the thread*

I kinda want it....

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

H1KE posted:

Because people should be allowed to have opinions without worrying about their property being childishly vandalised by grown loving adults? :confused:

Not supporting loving with someones car, I'm just saying that knowing marines and how pissed they can get when people talk poo poo about other marines/the marine corp in general/gently caress their wives having a sticker like that is just asking to have some giant marine beat the poo poo out of you. Is that OK? Hell no, but that doesn't mean its not going to happen.

You have the right to put any stupid sticker on your car, but you have to understand that it might piss off some unbalanced person who is prone to violent outbursts.

Slugworth posted:

Does implying you're loving a soldier's wife count as an opinion?

That too.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

A3th3r posted:

I saw a couple of those but more of these right here: Mercedes W124. They are bricks man.. sweet cars to own too. This is kind of like what I was thinking to do with a Mersu:

Best car to get in terms of reliability, imo. W124's are gangster cars but I saw a [small] number of them in Finland cause you can put so many miles on em. most people drive little fiats & dinky volkswagens. A guy I knew had a silver w124 with rims like that on it. pretty sick. Don't do like Russians do and put crappy fartcan exhausts on it and ratty stickers, tho.. seriously, that just ruins an awesome car. Just upgrade the turbos & call it a day. Boom, 40 extra hp.

I love those wheels more than I should. I know it was(is?) the cool thing to put on your VW with broken suspension, but I kinda want a set for my jetta sportwagen. I think it looks good

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

I love the F355 as well, especially this

Don't know why, but I have always loved the shifter setup on them.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Bibendum posted:

While this is true the stock wheels on that were definitely a little wider. Here's my Eclat with 205/60-14 on stock rims.

And on the three-wheeler chat, in WA all three-wheelers are motorcycles, you need an endorsement and technically need to wear a helmet. I've never heard of it being enforced though. I think Liberty Sidecar down on Rainier are selling Morgans around here.

haha, i forgot that I stole* that license plate while in Ireland for that car. My favorite part about the car is that it didn't have a cigarette lighter, but a cigar lighter.

*I "stole" it from a car that had been sitting in my friends grandmothers field for ~10 years. It was rusted out to the point I lightly pulled on the plate and it pretty much fell off.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Das Volk posted:

You don't remember Ghostrider? He's been at this for so long (something like 10+ years?) I'm pretty sure something would have happened by now if he was going to crash. Some people are just that good, and it seems like he's one of them, although it makes one wonder why he isn't riding in MotoGP or something.

I believe he does/did race, which is probably why he does such a good job keeping his identity hidden. Well that and the poo poo ton of charges I'm sure the cops want to bring against him.

I would honestly be amazed if he is still alive/pulling that poo poo. I remember first seeing his videos back in the very early 2000's. I know for a while everyone thought he was dead, but then he released a bunch of new videos, so who knows at this point. I still like this video, I am sure it would be better if I could understand what the cops are saying:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2rMveL3lKc

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Is that one of the turbo hayabusa swaps? I remember seeing videos of smart cars like that years ago, but can never find them.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

BlackMK4 posted:

Some dude freaks out every time that truck gets posted, like last time I posted it in this thread. Wait for it...

The only thing I can hate about that picture is the stance works watermark. That "truck" is mental and I love it.

Granted I do want to buy a ranger/s10 with a v8 and airbags, so that might tarnish my point of view.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Yup, I want one just like that.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Powershift posted:

It's actually modeled on the GAZ M20, that there looks like when someone turned a BMW 6 series into a GAZ m21, with far better results.

The impressive(potentially fatal?) part of the white one is that i looks like they actually stretched the wheelbase. unfortunately, even after all that work, he didn't swap out the wankel.

I have loved the Holden Efijy ever since I first saw pictures of it.

They made 1 that worked but thats it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

88h88 posted:

Are there any large resolution pictures of this car anywhere? I keep remembering it and going to see but they're all tiny, I remember it having a leopard print interior and I love it.

I am too lazy to try and pull images from the site, but here is the hotrod magazine article on the car

*edit* here is the first one I saw in the page source