Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nogthree
Jun 28, 2008

Martytoof posted:

Is anyone familiar with Fritzing?

I'm trying to fab up a PCB with an ADXL325 accelerometer, only I have the accelerometer as a base chip, not a pre-supplied breakout board.

I'm trying to maybe just do a generic part, but the ADXL325 is a LFCSP-16 chip which I can't find a "generic" PCB component for.

I'm aware that I might have to create one myself, but I'm hoping someone knows where I can find one before I have to learn to create custom ICs.

Unfortunately at this point in time the Fritzing parts library and parts creation interface are atrociously bad. I have a few friends who swear by it but really don't use anything more than common through hole components and so don't run into these common issues.

The best luck I've had so far is looking through the 'issue' that fritzing has set up for people to submit their additions to at http://code.google.com/p/fritzing/issues/detail?id=875

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU