Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
Anyone dealt with Seeed studio xiao nrf52840 sense? I'm trying to build a gesture recognizing ring which will need to:
1. Wake on double tap (found example code)
2. Recognize 3d gestures (got this working)
3. Be a BLE HID device. Preferably with pairing and all.
4. Very low power sleep most of the time.

The problem is that there are two arduino boards for this thing. The "mbed" enabled one is what i used for recognizing gestures, but it doesn't support the nice adafruit bluefruit libraries which make HID reasonable. The plain non-mbed does support adafruit bluefruit, but the ml sketch doesn't work as well. Not sure if it's just a timing thing since the "sampling now" prompt doesn't appear until _after_ the sampling is done, making it difficult to perform gestures at the right time.

Anyone successfully used edge impulse models on the non-mbed version? Or got BLE HID working on the mbed version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5TonsOfFlax
Aug 31, 2001
It turns out that it was merely a difficulty in timing the sampling causing my troubles. I replaced the late-printing message with turning on a led to let me know, and the non-mbed runs the edge-impulse model just fine. So I should be able to use all the nifty Adafruit bluefruit and power management stuff.