Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
'Sup Arduino thread! As an excuse to learn C#, I ended up buying a Netduino Plus. It's nice because besides being able to debug with Visual Studio, the actual Netduino kit includes ethernet connectivity right out of the box.

I managed to make it a ghetto web server that will flash LEDs and write out to a LCD screen the IP address of the last person to navigate to the Netduino. So now that I have the ability to light things, etc - I have an idea.

I'm going to make a web-controlled trebuchet. The idea is that you'll tweet a hashtag to fire it. I'll have the Netduino use Twitter's API to check for new Tweets every so often and go from there.

Even more awesome-er: The company I work for is actually encouraging me to do this! As in, they'll reimburse me for the trebuchet kit AND I get to do this on company time! :D

Before the Netduino, I actually started with a kit from Nerdkits.com. This thing was even more barebones than an Arduino. You had to manipulate individual registers, set bits on/off, etc. in straight C. The Netduino is far easier to work with. Although it carries less 'street cred'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU