Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
I wonder when, historically, "genre-savvy" started being a thing. Did the people of that time period hear enough stories about prophecies going wrong to think, "hey, if I know I'm fated to do something, trying to avert it is a really bad idea"? That's really obvious to people in the here-and-now, but it's a pretty understandable mistake if you don't have all of those cautionary tales. It's a shame; a life where they both decided to leave each other alone would probably help resolve their reincarnation feud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

Why not just put it on your reading list and go look at other stuff for a while? That's the best way to tell whether this is a passing mood or a more lasting preference. Maybe read Spirit Circle in the mean time, considering it's also by Mizukami and has no combat whatsoever.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

Spirit Circle 17 is up: Read Online / DDL

We haven't had any other recurring antagonists show up yet besides Kouko, and it turned out she had a pretty good reason (based on what we now know), so I'm curious to see if Kajirou will A: make another appearance (He was probably also Vann's brother, for instance), and B: Have any further reveals or developments that explain his actions? He could always just be straight up nuts, since he has an obvious complex regarding being born the younger brother.

Also kind of wondering if present-day Fuuta will also turn out to be adopted, considering how many of his past lives have had problems with their birth family, then been taken in/nurtured by Dad Prime in some way.

Thanks as always. Spirit Circle is definitely Mizukami's strongest work so far, and I'm always happy to see more of it.

My running theory is that Fuuta's brother is Spascifica in his own reincarnation cycle. Of course, we don't know anything about him either (other than "Give me the Spirit Circle" and Fortuna's "Oh, you should know that one" back in Flors 1) so that doesn't actually explain very much right now. :v:

I wonder if Fuuta's going to use his knowledge of past lives to do any match-making? Relationship dynamics, at least, seem to hold across lives. It'd be funny to watch him go, "Yeah, you'd be good together, and you two, and that NEVER ends well, so you really, really shouldn't."