Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism

HenryEx posted:

I rarely comment despite reading here a lot, but let me just say this:

Thanks you very much for translating Spirit Circle. I've heard a lot of good things about Mizukami and i tried to read various of his works in the past, and Spirit Circle is the first one that i honestly, thoroughly and completely enjoy. After losing interest in L&BH and Sengoku Youko some 20-30 chapters in, i feel like i am finally seeing a work that is up to all the praise he's getting.

(It's an amazingly well-rounded translation, too. Above average.)

Completely agree. I started L&BH several times based on all the glowing praise it gets and lost interest several times around 20-30 issues in before forcing myself to finish it and only thinking it was alright in the end. Still reading Sengoku Youko as it comes out but catching up on the backlog initially was a bit of a slog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

organism
Sep 30, 2005
organism
Hooray, I love sword spam. It's my favorite shounen power/fighting style/gimmick. Sengoku Youko has definitely gotten much better since the second part started after what's-his-face turned into ultra fox and disappeared. Senya is a much more compelling protagonist, in my opinion.

My problem with L&BH is that I love the world and ideas but everything feels so listless. Like, it's so low-key and subdued that nothing feels threatening or dangerous. The story and characters are great but... I just don't care. Does that make sense? The execution is kind of boring. I understand this is probably not a very common opinion and I wouldn't bash the series or tell people to stay away from it. It just didn't do it for me, personally.