Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Ha, in my apartment it's the opposite. I'll be the one freezing while my girlfriend complains that it's too warm.

I live vicariously through all of your birds until I have the space and money to get a derp of my own, since I remember from the Quaker my stepdad had when I was younger just how obnoxious they are when improperly raised -- good luck Novolo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Just saw these on Tumblr. I wonder how long it took them to get the bird to tolerate the headgear.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Bird thread lurker, not an owner, but I felt like this had to be shared.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

New feathers in the house. :3 He didn't really have a name before so naming him falls to us. We haven't decided yet, but he's already so friendly! Huxley in the background trying to see what's going on and what is that thing.

Bradbury, to stick with "authors of dystopias" as a theme?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Sociopastry posted:

I really need to get Tokyo a bird buddy. I'm trying to see if I can't talk my sister into taking me to PetSmart this weekend to liberate another budgie. Tokyo needs someone to burble with besides me, as much as I love it.

If you're still in ABQ, the two Clark's pet store locations should have budgies, but they might have to be bought in pairs even though you have one already.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgSieJU70BQ

Same video on Youtube, if that makes it easier for anyone.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Not a bird owner, just here for the cute, but in New Mexico I had to ask our new apartment complex to put screens on the windows so our cats can't get out when the weather's nice enough to enjoy a breeze instead of the swamp cooler. Maintenance gave me a weird look about it too.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

My wife heard the cockatoo and said it's been hanging around the garbage disposal too long.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

I forget, what kind of macaw is Bonny?

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

learnincurve posted:

I needed these last few pages of posts. :)

Aghh moving house, discovered that my poky horrible house in town is worth the same as a detached house outside of town, with ground floor wheelchair access and no hills :allears: and decided to be a grown up and stuff. Find out on wednesday morning if offer has been accepted. :nervous:

Good luck! Accessibility in homes is severely underrated and the entire reason I wish I could own instead of rent.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

She would be horribly disappointed to know that at my place, pill bottles come in white paper bags.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Captain Log posted:

Amazon women’s socks are THE BEST.

Edit : Finding them in a size that fits a man with a size thirteen foot is the hard part. I think that's a women's fourteen?

Probably between 14 and 15 depending on the brand. Before transition (and before online shopping was much of a thing) I had to search for women's 11-12 and these days that's men's 9-10 -- far easier. So I sorta understand your woes.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Is there a way for people without Twitter accounts to read threads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

It worked. Thank you for the help, it was a wonderful read.