Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Mister Macys posted:

"OLED"

Organic Light-Emitting Diode televisions are coming... by the end of June! High failure rates and low yields of imperfection-free panels have stunted mass production until now, but they have the potential to eclipse all television technology types- in all areas. Resolution, contrast levels, energy efficiency, colour accuracy, thinness. OLED is the current holy grail technology of television R&D.
Car type: The White Star, the X-Wing Fighter, and Marty's time-travelling Delorean... in one. :kamina:

Any update on this?

e: Here's one for 10k
http://www.powersellernyc.com/Catalog/View/123820.html

Bruce Hussein Daddy fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 23, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
I have the 65" Vizio and I have a problem. My setup is Cable (coax) -> HDHomeRun with tuner -> ethernet -> Windows 7 -> HDMI -> TV

My cable company has "normal" channels, the local channels, the sports channels, cooking shows, etc numbers 2-99. Then there is a bunch of stuff I don't care about, then the 700 repeat the normal channels, but in HD. 90% of the time, the TV must use the 700s, it's like there isn't enough data in the lower non HD channels for everything to keep up. It stutters. HOWEVER, 10% of the time it's the reverse problem, the non-HD channels are smoother than the HD version, for instance the cooking channel my wife likes to watch.

In addition, sometimes the show is fine, but the commercials stutter. Amazingly, occasionally within a show the video will be good and bad, for instance we were watching Chappell and the bit where he is talking to the audience is great, but when they go to the skit video it's choppy.

Thoughts?

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I have the 65" Vizio and I have a problem. My setup is Cable (coax) -> HDHomeRun with tuner -> ethernet -> Windows 7 -> HDMI -> TV

My cable company has "normal" channels, the local channels, the sports channels, cooking shows, etc numbers 2-99. Then there is a bunch of stuff I don't care about, then the 700 repeat the normal channels, but in HD. 90% of the time, the TV must use the 700s, it's like there isn't enough data in the lower non HD channels for everything to keep up. It stutters. HOWEVER, 10% of the time it's the reverse problem, the non-HD channels are smoother than the HD version, for instance the cooking channel my wife likes to watch.

In addition, sometimes the show is fine, but the commercials stutter. Amazingly, occasionally within a show the video will be good and bad, for instance we were watching Chappell and the bit where he is talking to the audience is great, but when they go to the skit video it's choppy.

Thoughts?

halp

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

AzCoug posted:

Does anyone use an RF remote? I am looking for something to use in a guest bedroom, so not wanting to spend a lot $200+ on anything. Saw this one on B&H

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=423528&gclid=CImw9pmHpb0CFclDMgodTVcA8g&Q=&is=REG&A=details

I use this one http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S69336/ref=pe_385040_30332190_TE_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

It works fairly well, even though the room with the computer is 20 feet away on the same floor as the television, I find pointing the remote straight up works best. I have been amazed at how hard it is to break the habit of pointing the remote at the tv.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

AzCoug posted:

Can that be used to change channels and control a cable box?

Well I'm using Windows Media Center on an old laptop to watch TV. So it's

Cable TV -> HDHomeRun w Tuner -> Ethernet -> Laptop so I don't actually have a cable box. It's a Windows remote, so if you can watch television through Windows it can change channels and volume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Can someone recommend an indoor OTA antenna? The TV is located in the "middle" of the house so I don't think it's feasible to run an outdoor antenna. Here's our signal strength: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3d5b94c8a6ab6021

I tried a couple before I realized that height was more important than brand. I eventually had to put mine in my attic on a tall box to get a strong enough signal to stop the stuttering. But since you asked it's similar to this one:

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...ed=0COoHEKYrMBU