Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Realistically, is there a discernible difference between 1080p and 4K?

I have a retina MBP (2880x1800) and i completely get it when used for text or game graphics, but it doesn't seem like HD video would be that different. Am I wrong? Is there a place to A/B HD/4K?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Where do I find the optimal (or close enough) configuration settings for an LG OLED55B6P?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I have an LG 2016 OLED, is there a difference in any of the HDMI inputs? I'm making sure my Apple TV / Computer are hooked up to the "best" inputs.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Anti-Hero posted:

All inputs are the same except HDMI2 has ARC if I recall correctly. The only thing to be mindful of is turning the input to PC mode for 4:4:4 Chroma.

Where do you do this?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
A budget sound bar is the Visio at like $150.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Any reason I can’t use a hand screwdriver to mount a TV into studs?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
How high should I mount my TV, or at what angle should it be from the viewer? I'm looking at it head-on, around 7' away. 55" 4k

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Don Lapre posted:

Sit down on your chair or sofa. Look straight ahead. That spot should be the half way to 2/3 down part of your tv.

I have a 16" floor-to-seat on my chair so my eyes sit 38" off the floor. It feels weird to have a TV at crotch level.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 30, 2017

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Does this look reasonable? My butte is 16" from the floor, the tv is slightly higher due to reading subtitles from glorious Nippon animation

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I always take home staging photos during maxi pad commercials

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is t better to mount a tv:

4 1.5” metal screws to a metal stud

or

2 1.5” metal screws to a metal stud
2 toggle bolts to drywall

32lb TV

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I ended up using snap toggles because that’s what I could find locally.

Aside from the fact that drilling into the stud doesn’t make a clean hole and it was a bitch to get the little burrs cut out, it was pretty simple. Works well for a TV since I didn’t have to screw the bracket in at the same time.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
On an LG OLEDB6P, how do you change how much time the TV is in "no input detected" standby before just shutting off? All my settings seem to have energy saver greyed out, and my input is HDR.

e: My issue is actually that I have an Apple TV and I can sleep my TV with it, but sometimes after sleeping the TV, it turns back on and goes into the "no input detected" standby. I can't figure out any reason why it does this, since I don't use the regular TV remote for anything.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 14, 2018

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I have an LG OLED 55" B6P

Which HDMI ports should I be using for my devices, or are they all equal? I have an Apple TV and a PC hooked up to it. Do all the HDMI ports support things like HDR or are there specific one which are preferred?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
There's just 4 HDMI ports, two in back and two on the side.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

bull3964 posted:

All LG HDMI ports are fully featured but you will have to enable UHD features within the menu.

Does it have to be a certain input type? I’m actually trying to get an HDR PC game to run but the HDR option isn’t recognized in the game. HDR works on the Apple TV so I know it has it.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Anyone have a problem with a PC hooked to LG's OLEDs? I'm having this issue lately where the TV just fails to show anything on the screen, though it recognizes the input and it knows when the HDMI connector is plugged in / out. Just a black screen, and it doesn't display the little icon by the 'active' input when I change to it.

There's not a No Signal, and the input icon is white (indicating the TV knows it's alive), but switching. Also on some inputs it randomly goes to the LG screensaver after like a minute of use. Is this something new that's happening to anyone else?

e: Is this a PC-specific problem? I haven't changed anything on either but an update or whatever might have messed with it. I'm on the latest firmware on the TV and latest PC drivers

e2: Strangely, if I go to 'all inputs' I can see the screen there in the little box, but I can't switch to it without the screen just going black.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 26, 2019

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I dicked around with it some more, it was an HDR thing. Why is HDR the most difficult thing for devices to work with each other?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
If I had an AirPlay 2 enabled TV, would that allow me to wirelessly send all audio from the TV to something like a HomePod (ie, irrespective of input / source)?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

PRADA SLUT posted:

If I had an AirPlay 2 enabled TV, would that allow me to wirelessly send all audio from the TV to something like a HomePod (ie, irrespective of input / source)?

Still wondering this

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
How long before UV has an effect on an OLED?

e: I mean reasonable effect, not like “instantly lol”

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I have a BeoSound Stage and and LG 55" OLED. Is there a way to mount both of them on some type of stand, but one that sits on top of a media console?

I saw B&O makes a floor stand, but was looking for this (or similar) in a 'tabletop' version.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

FilthyImp posted:

Ugly but you probably want something like this?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Walker-...ds&locale=en-US

I have a console, I'm looking for a stand that goes on top of the console.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I have an LG OLED and an AppleTV. I need a universal remote for it. I watch content exclusively through the AppleTV (no cable, receiver, etc), and my 'home theater' consists of just a BeoSound Stage, which hooks through HDMI ARC so I don't need to control it separate from the TV.

What universal remote should I look at? Logitech Harmony 950/Elite? A Beoremote One? Something else? I have a Switch and a PC hooked up to the TV that I use as well, but I don't need to control it via remote (just noting that I change inputs from Apple TV to PC to Switch, so if something makes that process simple it would be nice).

e: I assume I don't need a remote with the 0-9 keypad since I'm not changing channels or anything.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 11, 2020

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

BonoMan posted:

What's the best non-Harmony universal remotes?

I want one that will control my Roku TV as well as my Chromecast with Google TV (both have their own individual remotes).

I like Harmony but you have to go super expensive to get one that has loving backlighting.

BeoRemote One

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Question about connecting a B&O BeoSound Stage to an LG OLED55B6P

I want all the content that's on the TV, regardless of source, to play through the sound bar. Do I just connect the HDMI ARC from the TV to the HDMI ARC on the sound bar?

I notice that if I play something else on the sound bar (eg, stream music to it), even after stopping the music and turning on the TV, nothing plays through the sound bar, even though the TV has the right output and the like selected, and it normally picks it up just fine. Any fix for this?

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I'm looking for a travel streaming stick, something to take with me and plug in to hotel TV's. I'm only using it for Plex/Twitch/Youtube. Fire Stick? Google TV? Roku? Something else? I'm an iOS user and use an AppleTV at home so I'm not in an Amazon/Google ecosystem. 4k and HDR are probably not that relevant considering I don't quite know the TV I'm going to use it with.

If there's a different thread I can ask there.

PRADA SLUT fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
I have a LG Electronics OLED55B6P (2016 LG OLED). Can anyone tell me what "version" of Dolby Vision and HDR it supports?