Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Freaksaus posted:

Most popular one is https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/2543 but it hasn't been updated for 1.6 yet.

In the comments there I saw https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/20661 which is pretty new and maybe unstable judging by the comments but it could be worth a look.

There's also https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/20847/ .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I use WAIT, which is good except it fumbles a little bit with daily screenshot in co-op, adding shadow pause indicators on it.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I am broke as hell as I am a hoarder that will gift the villagers stuff out of my stash. Shane I got to eight hearts and I'm stopping there with the date-ables, for now, Linus was my first ten hearts (drat right!) Pam will be my next.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Random factoid that struck me digging through gift lists and such on the wiki: far as I can tell, there are only three giftable Pelican Town-ish villagers (excluding the Wizard, Krobus, the Dwarf) who have no dialogue telling you what so-and-so likes or dislikes--meaning, who don't even know anyone well enough to know their preferences. Linus of course, and then Harvey and Leah.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Now here's a piece of trivia you could have cleaned my clock on a bet over: when you talk to them after divorcing them, 11 of the 12 marriageables will either huff that they're better off without you, or just tell you to piss off. The only one who has anything sympathetic to say to you after divorcing them is Haley.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

green rain year 2 was ho-hum compared to the first year but I did get a living hat from all that weed harvesting so victory!

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

did 1.6 add having a birthday or is that still mod only maybe?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Booky posted:

did 1.6 add having a birthday or is that still mod only maybe?

mod

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

rip

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Now here's a piece of trivia you could have cleaned my clock on a bet over: when you talk to them after divorcing them, 11 of the 12 marriageables will either huff that they're better off without you, or just tell you to piss off. The only one who has anything sympathetic to say to you after divorcing them is Haley.

this makes sense

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
I went to the second day of the Squid Festival and didn't hook a single squid!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Ugh. Year 2 Fall and I'm still missing two dwarf scrolls. Is there a faster/more reliable way to get them than just grinding high-population levels of the mines?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Ugh. Year 2 Fall and I'm still missing two dwarf scrolls. Is there a faster/more reliable way to get them than just grinding high-population levels of the mines?

Monster Musk + Best Luck Day + Burglar Ring is probably the best bet. All but Scroll 3 can be hoed up too, so upgrading to max hoe might help too?

Edit: Actually is WORST luck better, in order to give you a shitload more monsters? Doesn't super matter since the opportunity cost is almost always 0 (monster musk replenishes itself by virtue of seeing more bats and slimes)

Poque fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 5, 2024

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Correct--unless it changed in 1.6 (I don't think it did) luck doesn't affect monster drop rates. A bad luck day is actually better for mob huntin' since it spawns more mobs--though I believe if you have access to monster musk then luck won't matter for that either, monster musk just sets the spawn rate to the max possible regardless.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Where it's best to grind depends which dwarf scroll you're missing.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

I keep hearing "bad luck causes more monsters to spawn" but I never see any proof from that. I find people say the opposite just as much (ie luck doesn't affect monster spawns).

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Which scrolls are you missing? Dwarf Scroll 3 is usually the hardest one to get as it only drops from monsters. Statistically the best way to get it is monster musk + burglar's ring + killing dust sprites. I do this since although the blue slimes have a 1.5% chance, dust sprites are more plentiful even if they only have a 0.5% chance. I usually use the elevator for floors 45 -> 55 and then go to 40 to 41 and repeat by returning to the top of the mines to reset.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
There's a bug in multiplayer that makes your pet disappear. RIP our cat, presumably eaten by magical coyotes.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Based on the 600 hours I've spent grinding dust sprites I feel confident asserting luck definitely inversely affects mob spawn rates. The effect isn't huge but it's definitely there.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Unclouded posted:

Which scrolls are you missing? Dwarf Scroll 3 is usually the hardest one to get as it only drops from monsters. Statistically the best way to get it is monster musk + burglar's ring + killing dust sprites. I do this since although the blue slimes have a 1.5% chance, dust sprites are more plentiful even if they only have a 0.5% chance. I usually use the elevator for floors 45 -> 55 and then go to 40 to 41 and repeat by returning to the top of the mines to reset.

I'm missing 2 and 4. What's really frustrating is I've found four or five copies each of 1 and 3.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I've never ever had a problem finding 2 or 4 since Dust Sprites drop both. The last one I spend two ingame weeks grinding for is always either 1 or 3 for me

Just slam some monster musk if you have the receipt for it and grind dust sprites, which you'll be doing sooner or later anyway for the coal

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Apparently daily luck doesn’t affect monster spawns at all.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Zesty posted:

I use WAIT, which is good except it fumbles a little bit with daily screenshot in co-op, adding shadow pause indicators on it.

Saw in the comments that the dev of WAIT recommended the one I linked, Time Master, instead.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Thanks for all the time mods, I'll try out Time Master and see if it does the job. I looked though the config and it looks pretty good, so here's hoping

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cyflan posted:

Saw in the comments that the dev of WAIT recommended the one I linked, Time Master, instead.

Seems like a good switch. Might give it a try today.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

So, I just read the Wiki, and apparently Luck has no effect on fishing except on your likelihood of getting a treasure chest? I'm baffled, because I could have sworn it made me more likely to catch garbage.

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Luck

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Unless you can show me the actual code in question, I think some of what's on that wiki page is just guesswork and sometimes wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I'm missing 2 and 4. What's really frustrating is I've found four or five copies each of 1 and 3.

My advice for scroll 3 works for scroll 2 but if you want to try your luck you can use your hoe to til the ground on floors 1-39 for a 0.1% chance per tile. Easiest on floor I think 15 to use the elevator to reset while tilling.

For dwarf scroll 4 the "best" way is to till on floors 80+ for a 0.2% chance per til because otherwise most enemies just have a 0.1% chance to drop it on death. Again probably easiest on floor 95 to reset it for tilling purposes.

Good luck either way hope that helps a little bit. I know they can be frustrating some playthroughs though so keep at it.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Unless you can show me the actual code in question, I think some of what's on that wiki page is just guesswork and sometimes wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uioR1Jh3VxI&t=3313s

Timestamp is 55:13 if it doesn't translate properly.

Unclouded fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 5, 2024