Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ditocoaf posted:

Oh yeah, this is a classic Paranatural page-turn. Someone else is running into Cody in the bathroom at the same time as Davey spots something else.

I'm guessing (speculation, not actual spoilers) Sophie is in the bathroom trying to figure out why Davy's son is at the PTA, and Baxter is about to chat with her dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Brought To You By posted:

Chapter 8-60
We are back to our regularly scheduled PTA meeting.

The other thing: Cody confirms that both Fauxbia and Razor Rex are visible to non-spectrals. I don't think we know for sure if Wights are visible to non-spectrals, but that aside there remains a strong possibility that Razor Rex at least is someone dressed up and acting as a wright.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This week isn't being skipped (knock on wood), Zack fell behind on work and will have it out late tonight or early tomorrow.

I'm excited to find out who Davy's looking at.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

That's one h*ck of a spirit :stare:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

yeah, I'm loving the colors and design. I wonder what it'd be if it weren't a grudge.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Of course Davey Jones would have a locker.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

As usual the puns are absolute top tier. Crypt + cryptid + riptide.

The locker seems to share the same color pattern as the screaming wight from Rick/Mina's flashback with Boss Leader.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/1786908378058674515

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Cryptide has the division symbol in her eye, so I assume her power has something to do with Hijack being split. Although that would make Davey’s hook a tool, so that leaves a question of how Cody used her power. It would ALSO explain why his severed hand would become a distinct ghost (Lefty). Presumably the other locker spirit would explain his spatial manipulation.

Also, it’s literally Davy Jones’s locker. I hate you Zack!

As for Razor Rex, the popular theory is that Phantomime is possessing Penny and posing as a Death Goddess. Dual-stemmed word balloons so far have indicated a spirit talking through their spectral without the spectral’s knowledge. So far we’ve seen it with Max and the contract sphinx (presumably) and Hijack with Spender. It would also explain her numerous powers AND her difficulty using them as Penny uses shortcuts instead of forming actual bonds. Penny is also the only with white spectral energy we know of besides Angel, and it’s not likely Angel has two spirits moonlighting as cult-leading deities.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

Cryptide has the division symbol in her eye, so I assume her power has something to do with Hijack being split. Although that would make Davey’s hook a tool, so that leaves a question of how Cody used her power. It would ALSO explain why his severed hand would become a distinct ghost (Lefty). Presumably the other locker spirit would explain his spatial manipulation.

It's heavily implied Davy is the one who split the Great Sphinx into the various cats, and the sword he uses to do it seems to have been transformed into his hook. I've had a theoretical hypothesis that the feedback from severing the Great Sphinx is what blew off Davy's hand (and killed P.J.).

Today's page, though, implies that Davy's hand was torn off during the Consortium's "betrayal" of Davy. We see in the page linked above that he's still in Consortium uniform, and he's obviously no longer a member.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 5, 2024

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

That's one h*ck of a spirit :stare:

Reminds me of how the witch enemies in Magica Madoka or one of the final bosses in Undertale where they looked like they were cut from craft paper or real photos but superimposed onto a wholey different style.

Pants Donkey posted:

Note that Cryptide also has a pair of scissors in their body extending through the center. You can see the handles near the eye as well on either side of the lighthouse body.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Brought To You By posted:

Reminds me of how the witch enemies in Magica Madoka or one of the final bosses in Undertale where they looked like they were cut from craft paper or real photos but superimposed onto a wholey different style.

fun fact: the design of that collage final boss in undertale was done by sa's own everdraed

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I want to point out the extremely powerful contrast between Davy's Cryptide (in no way a dog, very much dog-like) and Ángel's Cherub (adorable angel dog, malicious and definitely not doggo).

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...
So Davy's sword-hook-hand is a tool that Cryptide is bound to, and the locker spirit is a wight that's either possessing Davy or is bound to an object Davy has on him.

I'm guessing the locker spirit was what let Davy do the space-warping stuff he did back when he and Hijack had their standoff. It's definitely not part of Cryptide's powers, because Davy hands off the tool to Cody here then glorps into the floor.

Unless that's a vampire thing and vampires can just do that in this comic. Seems unlikely but you never know for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

That means Davy 100% wanted hijack alive as 2 spirits, because he gave his son a spirit splitting tool and told him to cut hijack in two

Cody doesn't have to be using the power, "Cut him in two" could also have been an order to cryptide as well.

Xand_Man fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 5, 2024