Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.
Crosspostin' from the reptile thread. Here are some of the inverts I work with at House of Reptiles:

One of our six Venuzuelan sun tiger slings. Fast as loving lighting.

Burgundy Goliath birdeater.

Sub-adult Purple Bloom, pre-molt.

We got in some Texas Gold milipedes and red claw emperor scorps today, and we have a deathstalker (Leiurus quinquestriatus) in the Venomous museum. Also have a desert hairy and an emperor that are both possibly gravid, so we may have many baby scorps soon!

I love my job. I used to be petrified of all spiders, but thanks to heavy acclimatization caring for the inverts, this weekend I'm presenting a bunch of our inverts at the Spiderman premiere, and I have no fear handling them. I shook like a leaf when my boss plopped the first Chilean into my hands and told me I needed to display it for an educational presentation, but talking to kids about liking spiders somehow helped me like them more, and now I can have a rosie on my hand no problem. I'm still working up to faster/bitier Ts, but I'm hoping to coax my boss into doing something like this as a display for our store, and if so I'd be the main caretaker.

I'm taking over the bulk of our educational presentations, and I was thinking of getting a T of my own that I could bring on classroom/school trips with me to show the kids (I'm the only one handling, of course, and we do probably a few presentations a month, at most, so it's low stress on the animals). The rose hairs at the store are always easy to handle and they work well, but I was thinking something flashier like a Brachypelma smithi would really grab some attention and make the kids go 'Ooooh', since some of them get bored with the 'plain' rose hairs. Any advice on B smithi? I hear they're hair flickers like crazy so they may not be a good choice for occasional handling, but I love how they look, and I've seen them handled before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread