Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
uptown
May 16, 2009

He sounds like a delightful person.

Definitely rude of that girl to have him on her FB and then flip out on one of his pictures, but what the gently caress. "I'm gonna punch her in the head like a guy and try to break her jaw"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uptown
May 16, 2009
I thought they were saltines...

uptown
May 16, 2009
I can't find a picture of it online, but I knew a girl who got bacon tattooed on her labia. "Bacon Bits."

uptown
May 16, 2009
A sugar skull, crossed pistols, a heart with swords(?), and wings on the pistols. What else do we need for cliche bingo? Some script, maybe "death before dishonour," or maybe a kanji, an infinity knot...

Looking at it again, that thing is supposed to be a sugar skull right?

uptown
May 16, 2009
Typical pit bull owner. Obviously your tuff dog needs a tuff looking tattoo, not a microchip and a collar. :rolleyes:

uptown
May 16, 2009

dpack_1 posted:

Not defending the actions at all, but why do people have zero issues with branding on cattle but spark outrage for this?

Other than a brand taking a few seconds and a tattoo taking an hour or more there really is little difference in the healing and poo poo. Both are gonna annoy the gently caress out the animal and it's probably in line with tail docking and ear clipping.

Again, i dont advocate any of that, i think it should all be banned as there are far easier ways to 'tag' animals these days that have far less of an impact on the animal and less risk of infection, just seems weird that some animals cause public hysteria when treated poorly but it's easier to turn a blind eye to battery chickens and poo poo.

More to the point though, it looks like a poo poo tattoo that guy did so probably a good thing he's not allowed tattooing people either now.

It's completely unnecessary to tattoo a dog, and especially in this case. You get a collar with your contact info on it, and you put a microchip in it to be extra careful. If your dog gets lost, hopefully someone will call or get the pet scanned. If I tattoo my dog's bloodline on him, that person has no way to contact me. The owner saying it's no different than branding a cow is a false equivocation; if he had tattooed "return to Douchebag McGee c/o lovely Tattoo Shop In My Garage" then at least he would have a semi-valid argument.

uptown
May 16, 2009

greenchair posted:

Although in this particular instance the dog's tattoo doesn't look as though it would be that useful as an ID, tattoing dogs isn;t that uncommon. Ten years ago or so, before microchips, it was very common to tattoo an ID number or some such, and some people still do it today. Whats the problem with making such a tattoo aesthetically pleasing to the owner as well as useful?

http://www.nationaldogregistry.com/tattoo.html

This doesn't apply to this particular case i guess, but there is a long established history of tattooing dogs and not considering it cruel or unusual.

As far as I remember, when my previous dog got his tattoo, it was more of a brand/piercing than a long, drawn-out tattoo process the way humans are tattooed. I think it was pretty instantaneous, they had a... pinchy thing with ink and the numbers, and when they closed it the ink was all put in at the same time. Sorry I can't describe it better, but I was about 6 years old when it happened.

Azrael Alexander posted:

That's not a "typical pit bull owner", it's a typical ignorant douchebag. I own a pit bull and she's microchipped and wears a collar with i.d tags at all times. She's not a "tuff dog" and I make no effort to make her look like one. The average pit bull owner would really like to disassociate ourselves from these kind of people, but they're making it difficult.

Of course your dog she's not a "tuff dog" - I know that pits are just like any other dog, just unfortunately with a stigma attached to them due to the large population of dumbasses who do own them because they've got a reputation and blahblahblah. Vicious cycle kinda thing. I do however think it's typical of that type of dumbass, or as you said, ignorant douchebag, to treat their animals like crap. That said, I don't think you're the typical pit bull owner; I think you and many of the other pit bull owners on SA are the exception to the norm.

Anyways, more on topic, a local radio station held a contest where the person who was voted having the worst tattoo received free laser removal from a laser clinic. This was one of the contenders...

"I was 18 when I got this tatto. It was a champagne flute with three roses. I was going to put the words, "We live, we love, we die" in the body. However, I really thought I was in love at the time and put the words, "Property of" on the top and "NAME OF GUY" (who will remain anonymous) on the bottom. My father saw this tattoo shortly after I got it, when I was hungover, asleep and he came in to wake me for breakfast. He not only knew the guy I had tattoo'd -- it was one of his staff. My father was outraged! Since then many attempts at covering it have taken it to where it is now -- a sh***y a** tattoo (Sh.a.t.). Yes, it is on my behind -- right cheek and under 36". Since then three tattoo artists have worked on trying to cover it up: First artist came up with covering the words with vines; the next one went with colour and eyes looking out at a seascape, finally, the last one said he had better ink to finish the eyes looking out at the ocean. The only eyes that see this now are my husband's and he doesn't see a seascape. He knows the whole story and he's always been great about this dumb phase of my life."

Three cover up attempts.

uptown
May 16, 2009
Are you sure that's not a brand?

uptown
May 16, 2009
I... seriously... what!?

uptown
May 16, 2009
It (he?) also has a stretched labret piercing and subdermal horns.

I just don't get it. It looks like a goddamn sea creature.

uptown
May 16, 2009
If you want to read a little more about Shannon's passing, here is a link to his last blog entry. He'll be sorely missed by many, that's for drat sure. To contribute, though most of us have probably seen it before, here's Shannon's very own tasteless tattoo, though well done. Definitely :nws: and maybe :nms: depending on how sensitive you are...

http://i.imgur.com/AAGdTU0.jpg

VV Okay, there's a link instead.

uptown has a new favorite as of 04:58 on Apr 4, 2013

uptown
May 16, 2009

Silly Hippie posted:

There are way more Cheshire Cat tattoos than I imagined. Some are nice. Others, er

What does this say on the left? I can read "You may have no god" on the right, but I have no idea what the left says after "I'm not"

uptown
May 16, 2009

The Mentalizer posted:

"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself"

I assume, anyway.

:laffo: yep. I couldn't even read the word "noticed"

uptown
May 16, 2009

Well... At least they know they're an idiot...

uptown
May 16, 2009

http://www.oldsaltblog.com/2008/12/sailors-tattoos-–-pigs-chickens-swallows-and-tattooed-backsides/ posted:

There are two versions of the story as to why a pig and chicken will prevent a sailor from drowning. The first is just that pigs and chickens do not like water, so they would like to be out of the water as soon as possible. A slightly more plausible explanation is that pigs and chickens were often carried on deck in wooden pens. In a shipwreck the pens would often wash ashore with the other debris from the ship. Pigs and chickens were at times th only survivors of ship wrecks. A more prosaic explanation was that having a pig and chicken tattoo would guarantee that a sailor eats well as he carries his hams and eggs with him at all times.

One variation was to have a tattoo of a pig on the left knee and a rooster (cock) on the right foot signified “Pig on the knee, safety at sea. A cock on the right, never lose a fight.”

uptown
May 16, 2009

Fabulist posted:

The lipstick looks hollow. I can't unsee that. It also looks like no lipstick tube ever. And you can see her other randomly placed tattoos creeping in. It always bugs me when people just stick unrelated tattoos in random space. She could have a couple of fairly awesome sleeves, or the beginning of full leg pieces, but nope, just stick it wherever.

Me too. I know a few people who have a bunch of random tattoos all over with no flow to them. One girl that I know has her whole forearm tattooed, but there's no real coherence and no background tying the artwork together. They're all pretty good tattoos, but it just looks silly to have a bunch of random stuff placed on her arm like that.

uptown
May 16, 2009
Ahahhahaha the ear being tattooed with ballhair is fantastic.

uptown
May 16, 2009

dick head tattoo lady posted:

Over the next few years Paul continued to tattoo me, doing work on my hands, forehead and neck and in 2006 I decided I would get the whole of the top of my head tattooed. The most concerning aspect of this venture was that I had to have all my hair removed and my head shaved which I knew would be for the rest of my life. At first it was a shock but I soon loved it. When Paul set about tattooing it I left the choice of subject to him but when I found out that he was tattooing penises all over the back of my head I couldn’t believe it at first but I must admit that I soon loved the work and asked him to continue with this theme over the whole of the head.

Welp. Might as well get more dick tattoos!

uptown
May 16, 2009

DorkusMalorkus posted:

It looks like a Dorito.

I was thinking three ravioli.

uptown
May 16, 2009

InvincibleMadHouse posted:

All of these are sadly on a former co-worker of mine:

Looks like she's got a 'stashe. Most of the tattoos you posted were worse than this one (the head one is probably the "best") but I hate this one the most.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I just want to boop his widdle nose. Wookit the kid trying to be a juggalo :3:

uptown
May 16, 2009

Shannonmcn posted:

Not exactly tasteless but according to my friend who reads a little arabic, it is complete nonsense. Can anyone confirm?

What does she think it says, btw?

uptown
May 16, 2009

:stonk: Shave your toes.

uptown
May 16, 2009

Ok Fella posted:

The crying wrecking ball really makes it.

It looks like a sad moon.

uptown
May 16, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

Serious question. I recently saw an incredible exhibition of Egyptian papyri, and have been seriously thinking of getting a tattoo, possibly even a large motif, based on them. The mythology is fascinating, and the art is just so incredibly elegant. However, I am of Eastern European heritage and white as snow. Is there any way that it wouldn't be tacky and tasteless/possibly offensive as hell?

I would first spend a year researching Egyptian papyri, mythology, etc., and making sure that's something you're 100% committed to. Then, think about it some more whiles you find a good artist to tattoo you. I don't think it really matters at all that you're white, after all, there's so much body art/modification that has been inspired by other cultures and generally those who oppose* it are just looking for a fight. Stretched lobes, labrets, nostrils, septums, etc., body piercings, tribal tattoos, etc.

*Oppose as in are vehemently opposed to it, not just thinking "heh, white guy with a tribal tattoo, probably doesn't even know what it means."

uptown
May 16, 2009

that stupid website posted:

The image displays few lovely little stars and dots on the back of a palm. It is a cool first tattoo experience.

BEING UNEMPLOYABLE IS COOL :thumbsup:

Portals posted:

:crossarms:
I wasn't aware that Carpe Diem was a name...

Not only that, but a name tattoo is definitely not always a good idea for a first tattoo. :psyduck:

uptown
May 16, 2009
How do you look at a sketch or even a stencil on your chest that, instead of a baby hand, has a BIRD CLAW WITH FINGERS ON IT, and still let the person work on you? Even if it looked like a real hand instead of a monstrous flipper, IT HAS THREE FINGERS. :psyboom:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uptown
May 16, 2009

ilysespieces posted:

On a friend of a friend.

Is her top so tight that you can see her navel? :psyduck:

• Locked thread