Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

bunnybean posted:

Tank Girl! :woop:

is it my imagination, or is TG hovering there for no apparent reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Not to derail, but I have to know more details about this story. I thought Platypus venom wasn't enough to kill humans, just make them hurt like hell for a LONG time.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'm wondering meanwhile, if my brain is trying to trick me into thinking that this isn't just female KISS, but female MINI KISS, or if that is indeed what I'm seeing.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

The thing about the anchor tattoo on the foot is bugging me in a total :spergin: way. See, nautical foot tattoos are a long standing sailor tradition. But what they tattoo on their feet tend to be things that float or fly. It's for superstitious reasons...see, if your feet can float in the water, then if you fall overboard/crash, you won't sink and drown. This person is putting a tattoo on their foot of something that is deliberately meant to sink to the bottom of the ocean. If they were a sailor, it'd be totally bad mojo.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Met posted:

Dozo?
Golurk?

What?

I THINK I figured these out. I'm betting the first one is supposed to be the Japanese word for "please", which should instead be "douzo". It's a common mistake, but still a dumb tattoo.

The second one I'm betting is two words, as in the response when someone new posts something dumb: "Go Lurk". Yeah.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

zoux posted:

Stoned Jesus says only bud can judge me.

No, No, it clearly says "Only Bud Can Fudge Me".

And yeah, I really really like the cardinal. I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo done in that watercolor style before.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

"Cover up" does not mean "color in the outline and smudge one detail."

What was he trying to do by erasing only the beak??

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

uptown posted:

BEING UNEMPLOYABLE IS COOL :thumbsup:

From what I understand thanks to people I've known in the tattoo business, something like 90% of tattoos you see on the little crook of the hand all have the same story. "I was bored and didn't give a crap, so I just drew something stupid on my hand and inked it."

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Toss and Beyond.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Aerdan posted:

More goodness terribleness from imgur!

Haha, I think he might have confused things noticing that little swirl of makeup under the eye on the character Death from the Sandman comic books!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Meh, he's had weirder team-ups over the years.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Bad Royal Cuntcess?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I actually think this is a pretty clever way to cover up an ex's name.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'm thinking it might just be possible that it's a joke tattoo, both because it's a silly pun and likely also that fudge can be slang for butt-gently caress. :rolleyes:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Assoonasitits posted:

This is actually funnier than the last time this joke was made ITT

I like how hosed up bad all of the human shapes are in these. Especially great are Harl and Sally's head. Dear Jesus what happened to Sally's head?

I assume the artist just confused "stop-motion animation" with "muppet" in that case...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I don't know about generic. I keep seeing massive labial art (not to mention the more explicit green one at the base). I can only interpret this as a more fanciful way of making a "Maximum Occupancy: 2" sign.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

hyperhazard posted:

Love will ear us apart?

Seriously, I can't find the T.

Also, they spelled it "Willl"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Inspector_666 posted:

Yup. I actually looked up "Diabetes ribbon" on Google to make sure because I couldn't really believe somebody would do that.

I can see putting your own "Medic alert" info on a tattoo, especially an easily seen one, but someone else's?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Am I really the first one here to make a "hooters" joke?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Speaking of mysteriously popular brand tattoos, what's up with how many people get tattoos of the logo for Monster Energy Drink?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I'm pretty sure this is it. That or the right-side up way says "Knife", and the upside down is "P-???".

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Now I want to see some goon that does this for real.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

PublicOpinion posted:

Pretty confident it's a "Sinner/Saint" ambigram.

Now that you say that I can see it, but that just raises further questions...who gets an ambigram as a tramp stamp? At what point are we supposed to see it as "saint" positionally?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

JoelJoel posted:

Apparently some noise his now deceased child once made. I guess it's sentimental something about this one really bugs me. Maybe the fact that it looks pretty much nothing like a sound wave. Maybe the placement (it's odd, but I guess he was going for over the heart... which he missed).

Also, this guy must have really low nipples.

It's not a terrible idea but he went about every stage of it the wrong way. He visualized the sound far too bunched together to be discernible, then went and got a cheap tiny solid black tattoo that further erases any legibility of the sound waves. There'd be no way scanning this and porting it to a sound program would make anything resembling the original sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Admiral Goodenough posted:

Is this supposed to be Dethklok? Who is the tiny figure?

In the hood? That's a Klokateer, one of their thousands of underlings. I'd say the art isn't terrible, but it looks very much unfinished.

• Locked thread