Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Choco1980 posted:

Not to derail, but I have to know more details about this story. I thought Platypus venom wasn't enough to kill humans, just make them hurt like hell for a LONG time.

Noodling. Not even once.

Amazing tat though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Huntersoninski posted:

Probably because most people who make a huge deal of wolves in their self expression identity themselves in bullshit "lone wolf" or "alpha male" terms which makes for an annoying loving personality.

One of my best friends favorite animal is the wolf. I think he has like a wolf art poster? Its just a thing he likes to have around. Guys with wolf tattoos for better or worse get lumped in with people who identify themselves either AS wolves, in bullshit wolf hierarchical terms, or who think they're native American or something. Because tattoos are generally expected to go beyond "I like this thing" into "this thing is a major part of myself and something I feel strongly enough about to put it permanently/publicly on display." Again, that is not always the case, but that could be why. People cling to wolves for a lot of stupid loving symbolic meanings.

drat... I got a tattoo of a lingcod but I swear I'm not a scaly. I just like to catch and eat them. Perhaps wolves taste good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Call Now posted:

This is not a proper term for people self-identifying as fish :colbert:

Well since fish have no fur....

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

meataidstheft posted:

The second and middle toe are webbed, right? That's not just my eyes playing tricks.

Goddamnit I hate feet people should really stop bringing attention to them.

Somewhere someone is spanking it wildly to that. (Not me I swear)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Choco1980 posted:

The thing about the anchor tattoo on the foot is bugging me in a total :spergin: way. See, nautical foot tattoos are a long standing sailor tradition. But what they tattoo on their feet tend to be things that float or fly. It's for superstitious reasons...see, if your feet can float in the water, then if you fall overboard/crash, you won't sink and drown. This person is putting a tattoo on their foot of something that is deliberately meant to sink to the bottom of the ocean. If they were a sailor, it'd be totally bad mojo.

That doesnt really explain the old pig and rooster combo. Well... pigs float when dead but roosters.... Not sure.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I'm going to take the view that it's ironic and the bearers are totally into sex in the butt. With men. Lots of them.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Sorbus posted:

We have a Miami Ink -style tattoo reality show now in Finland. It features one good artist, one OK, one bad and one really really bad.

The girl who got this said "I have never seen such a good tattoo on anyone!"

More here

It's a pretty cute pignosed albino.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

crazkylo posted:

I know this was from a page or so back, but I still can't get over the fact that no effort is taken to even try to spell correctly.

What was he using before? :stare:

Gin and a match.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Take back the night by getting a tattoo of a black guy in whiteface dressed up in a suit holding a denied loan application.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Buggiezor posted:

That's from a show called "America's Worst Tattoos"
There's some pretty funny things on there.
Apparently the story behind "Party Dog" is a group of guys knew someone who had a dog named "Party Dog" and they thought it was awesome so they were all going to get matching tattoos. This guy did himself first and when everyone else saw it, they decided it wasn't such a good idea anymore.

The best part is, he got a cover-up artist to fix it by getting...ANOTHER PARTY DOG. At least this one doesn't look like poo poo. I couldn't find a better picture.

I'm gonna be edgy and declare my love for the original.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

UZworm posted:

Looks like a praying mantis to me?

I think it's a gothis script A L with 256 most likely the phone area code.

Yup it in Alabama.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

OldCharlie posted:

So I had the lest bits of my tattoo finished. It still needs some touch ups. Probably get a blue background put in.

I guess this means I have to eat you if we ever met.

My terrible lingcod, the octopus natural predator.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Xandu posted:

They're saying the designs are cliche and they won't tattoo them on people.

The crows and seeds flying from the plants must be an east coast thing because I dont think I've ever seen one out here in CA.

You could replace those with the stupid NorCal star and sparrow and it would be perfect.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Bored posted:

I saw this in my mind like Forest just kept pokin' Dan in the arm saying, "Lt Dan...icecream...Lt Dan, ICE CREAM...LT. DAN, ICE CREAM!" while trying to show him his new icecream cone tattoo, because I thought I clicked on the image macros thread. Also, because I don't remember the ice cream line in Forest Gump. All I remember is Bubba's recitation of shrimp dishes.

Here, have an s&m, but no nudity, tasteless shrimp tattoo. It's not bad, but I figure it sort of counts as tasteless.
Just in case it's :nws: for some, here's a link.

Oh, hey! Someone else had a similar, poorly executed, tattoo idea. Bad and tasteless. Linked for the same reason as above.

And here's a :nws: tattoo of a bare-breasted lobster-maid. Or a whatever-lobster-is-in-Ye-Olde-English-maid.

Thanks for ruining shrimp for me you jerk.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Best way to deal with unwanted tattoos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgSBKQueFH4

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is there a followup? That's :black101: as gently caress, and if it worked I've honestly got to salute the guy that just had his flesh ripped off at 1000 rpm, stupid or not.

Not really sure but I bet a raging infection and intense satisfaction was in his future.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I don't think we're on the same page as to what constitutes "tasteless". Things you personally don't like aren't immediately tasteless, and a lot of these tattoos aren't tasteless. For example, I'm not sure how the technically decent tree on that girl's side is anything near "tasteless". A scratchy Tasmanian Devil is tasteless. A warped Bart Simpson is tasteless.

Who the hell are you to judge warped Bart? Don't have a cow about other people's tats.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

dijon du jour posted:

RIP Granpappy.
Shouldn't have pissed off that witch.
He was mighty tasty, though.

It's actually a good representation of a catfish. I'm biased though because of my awful tattoo of my favorite gamefish.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stottie Kyek posted:

Weren't fake beauty marks originally bits of black silk cut into shapes and stuck on to cover syphilis scars?

My seventy year old grandma had a beauty mark and two sets of initials on her hands from her teen chola years. She did the eyebrow tats too at about 55 after decades of tweezing the poo poo out of her eyebrows,

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

hyperhazard posted:

Let's see, we have

-Tribal doodle
-Language she can't speak or read
-Crooked paw print
-Obscure spirit animals
-Awful perspective/tumor-legs

All these bad things on what is otherwise a fairly decent shaped backside

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Palpek posted:

I googled it and found source where the happy owner of the tattoo explains:

And we know to avoid him...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

tehloki posted:

Aggg why would you give your tattoo a bad boob job? The face, breasts, stomach, wings, and hands all look like they were drawn with different people with varying levels of artistic skill. The right hand is so competently done it's almost like it was inked by a different artist.

Seriously. Sagging yet perfectly round and gravity defying where they settled.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Inspector Zenigata posted:

This tattoo is beautiful, and if you honestly can't parse it, you're an idiot.

The art is fine but the placement seems off. It just looks like art slapped on her instead of oh I dunno slithering around her.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

pageerror404 posted:

Looks kinds shopped to me. I hope I'm right,

I got a coworker who tats his wife's name on him once for every year they stay married. I'd take pics but he's a HA club supporter and not really that friendly. They been married like 30 years.

Crab Dad has a new favorite as of 04:12 on Jul 9, 2013

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lucid Nonsense posted:

Actually, I've got it on good authority that that they are correct. Not sure why the satanic goat has a candle on his head, but I'm sure it's for a solid purpose. Hey, photoshop thread idea, put candles on goat's heads!

E: Oh, satanic goat has a candle because he's satanic.

I feel dumber for have reading that. At least I found out some day il be a part of secret sex with my mason brothers. Yuck.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Seriously there wasn't enough warning for that before clicking it. I don't need that poo poo. You need to be up front about stuff like that

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

tehloki posted:

If you click an image labeled "not mind safe" you deserve what you get, man.

Images of hacked up dead bodies? Not illegal. Sexual drawings of children? gently caress you this ain't reddit.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stringbean posted:

Oh its a lovely compass, I can barely make out the "W" because of the light.

This makes no sense because the sun sets in the west so if the compass is the sun then it should be side ways so its pointing up....

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Captain Trips posted:

He's gonna feel like a real tool when they cure that poo poo in five years.

Change the E to a LY and add "Negative!".

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Shannonmcn posted:

Hey there Judge-y McJudgersons, she's allowed bad tattoos without being called a whore. And chest tattoos on women can look badass.

Yup. Pimp property mark. She most likely ran or tried to go straight.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

That's possibly the most disgusting thing Iv seen today.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Tourette Meltdown posted:

Does she have hair long enough to cover it? I'd lose my job over that poo poo, and I don't even deal with patients (billing). I was in the elevator with the CEO this morning and about crapped my pants when he asked to see my tattoos, which are smallish and coverable and tasteful. I know behind-the-ear is the hot new tattoo place or something (although it does mostly seem to be on young-ish women with no visible tattoos anywhere else), but, man. That wouldn't be my first choice if I had to really interact with the public. Especially patients, who are usually completely insane. I'm anxious about getting my feet done, and the only people who would see them (at work) are other biller/coders.
Y'all neck/hand/face tat people are hard as poo poo is what I'm saying.

What's pretty distasteful is your CEO asking to see your covered up tatts. Did any of them partially show for them to ask about?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Link's link is kinda hairy for an elf.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fatkraken posted:

The A looks like three medicinal leeches sucking on his titty

Or three steamy turds.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

chapstickie posted:

My sister has her own name tattooed on the small of her back. She is not very self-aware.

I'd sooner get my social security number on my rear end.

If I was a soldier or some other type who might meet a gruesome horrible death I might get my initials on all my limbs because you never know...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

TunaSpleen posted:

King of the Hill tattoos will never not be hilarious.

The best defense is a swift offense ... To the jimmy.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

hyperhazard posted:

Criticism of trigger discipline in 3..2..1..

I was actually more concerned with lady bustacap using a filthy HK when she should have a Smith and Wesson or some other 'merican gun.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

AlbieQuirky posted:

At least the tattoo was done by a Maori artist. Also I doubt that's an actual ta moko with clan identifiers, etc. Getting a tattoo done in a ta moko-influenced style by a Maori artist at least keeps the money in the Maori community. Interview with the tattoo artist where he talks about adapting traditional styles for non-Maori clients, etc.

Looks like utter poo poo but I'll chalk that up to being put on with a chisel and not healed. She's not known for making good judgement calls in any case.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Agreed. Tentacles look ok but the face is so hideously anatomically incorrect it just ruins it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Crow Jane posted:

Serious question. I recently saw an incredible exhibition of Egyptian papyri, and have been seriously thinking of getting a tattoo, possibly even a large motif, based on them. The mythology is fascinating, and the art is just so incredibly elegant. However, I am of Eastern European heritage and white as snow. Is there any way that it wouldn't be tacky and tasteless/possibly offensive as hell?

This guys opinion? Bleh. As long as you don't get some sexually deviant artwork of children slaves fellating dinner guests under a table I suppose it could be interesting. Just don't get some giant ankh unless you want constant Death comments.

And yes that artwork from ancient times exists. It was on display in SF a few years back.

• Locked thread