Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, it looks like the general message is going to be one that condones the general concept rather than looking at it critically. Which is kind of hosed up.

I originally thought main character guy before we found out he was a member of the torture police. Was going to get falsely accused and convicted of some crime and then would have to do that weird duel thing against the torture police. After winning he would have to use the 3 year timer given to him to prove his innocence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yinlock posted:

eh imo they're clearly angling for a redemption arc and it makes me sad, with him being more or less instantly forgiven by his wife who previously hated him so much that she scarred their youngest son because he looked similar to his father

but I'll shut up about this so yet another thread isn't bogged down by endeavorchat

His wife has not gotten over everything. She is still unwilling to see him. It's a complicated situation, and it's less redemption then atonement. Endeavor made it clear he does plan to ask for or expect forgiveness for his actions.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Presumably like the President Ryuk would have told him about the change in rules and that withdrawing the money would mean he would have to die. But in an entirely unforeseeable way, he screwed himself by telling Ryuk to never appear before him again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I dont think theyll axe Kishimoto that fast.
Dude was a golden goose for a decade and a half and got the magazine jumping (hah) off the shelves.
I think he earned this in their eyes.

Besides its just getting good now.

In other Money Maker Mangaka news: Eden's zero:
The chapter isnt in english yet but
yeah no points for guessing a reset.
But its definitely a revisit of an old villain trope:
"So this person is possibly immensely powerful, has abilities that rewrite reality, and you want them on your side, so you killed all their friends and did what most people would swear blood oaths over you."
"yeah"
"Congrats ya played yourself."

Well the plan was for them never to explain the abilities and then steal them when they first showed up. She just happened to be in the only place they were not watching her when they first showed up. Still being able to go back in time does not mean they can suddenly win, the fight they just lost.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ConanThe3rd posted:

Wait. I thought EZ was simulpub on CR and Comixology?

I would be mad about Time Shenanigins but, gonna have to be honest Hiro gave us ample warning about time going wibblely-wobbly

We got tons of tons of foreshadowing about it. Heck it was nearly outright stated that Rebecca had done it before.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wrong chapter that was last weeks Edens

https://readedenszero.com/reader/read/edens-zero/en/10/85/page/1

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Manatee Cannon posted:

maybe the author wanted to finish it but was told to keep going?

either way the constant ending fakeouts were insane

And in the final battle none of the main cast did anything.

Honestly it's been amazingly crap for the last while.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Man, I can't believe scary-looking glasses guy and that dude with the creepy serial killer smile both turned out to be secretly evil. Unprecedented!

Shocked you figured Aizen's evil out. Most people thought he was a nice looking guy who got killed early on.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah the stuff with the quests and rewards was interesting. In Unluck.

Also it looks like everyone has a UMA Counterpart. As there was UMA Burn and Negator Unburn.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

A story comes to an end:
7 Deadly Sins finale

Kind of sad that we only see 1 kid and some of the sins aren't even accounted for in the birthday.
Well, the spin off has been announced as well, The Four Knights of the Apocalypse. :dunno:

What's funny is that this chapter could have happened a while back. There was pretty much no point in the second Demon King fight and the Cath Palug fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Electric Phantasm posted:

I did enjoy Natsu beating the guy who's secondary power is super hearing by shouting really loud.

Also that one demon who could gently caress with magic just by smashing him with a boulder.

Namely he could absorb anything with a soul, and magic has a soul in a way. So he could absorb magic and physical blows could not hurt him because he would absorb your soul. So Natsu just battered him with a soulless rock.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Undead Unluck has been pretty cool however recently.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
New series Time Paradox Ghostwriter, which I grant the nickname of "Plagiarizing the future."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

I think it's interesting but it's kinda hard to feel too bad for the MC when he's literally stealing someone else's work. Still though, it's a more interesting concept than the last few series to get picked up.

Well to be fair to the guy, he does not know he is doing that right now. He thought it was a dream and by extension something he came up with.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Undead Unluck was also fun this week. Wonder what effect Galaxy will have on the world.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ConanThe3rd posted:

Baring any massive left field swipes, we're probably in the home stretch of this arc.
I think Hiro's aproach of "Have the big points ploted out like Rave and then play fast and loose in between them like FT" has paid off in terms of pacing.

Drakken Joe has also been a pretty intimidating villain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mulderman posted:

Drakken Joe was cool when he was an intimidating guy who didn't like to kill people because they could still be useful to him.

He's now........ this:

That was not his fault.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Sindai posted:

Undead Unluck has a really cool twist this week, but it also seems like it's already preparing to wrap up.

Huh how come. Did not seem like that at all to me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

dogsicle posted:

setting the failure state at missing two more quests is i guess an endpoint but i feel like they could just as easily go through a bunch of successful quests before dealing with ragnarok

It's not even failing two more quests in failing a quest in two sets of them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Elfface posted:

Regading Undead Unluck, as the Galaxy UMA rewrote reality so that Stars and planets other than our own had always existed, implying that before now their universe was empty, but also that the concept of zodiacs and named days of the week didn't exist Ragnarok could well be 'The world now remembers going to war in 1914 killing millions, and again in 1949, and then there's the Korean war, the Cold War, the whole deal with the Middle East... hey, ask your non-negator friends about nukes!'

Going back to check. Everytime we got a look at space or the night sky there were no stars or anything. Makes me wonder if every UMA coming into being introduced their concept to the World.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mulderman posted:

powerups out of nowhere.

Have not actually seen too much of that.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Apparently if Haikyuu ends in the next week or so, it will be the first time since 1968 that jump does not have a sports manga in their lineup.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man Unrepair's power is kind of scary when you think about it. Knowing that you are going to bleed to death from a tiny pierce wound on your belly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Undead Unluck:
nice chapter to introduce tatiana
But andy being an indecent exposure and harassment elemental is getting old

Twas a flashback before he got UMA Clothes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Y'know it's rare for a comic's final arc to be its best but the whole post-timeskip arc of Haikyuu was fantastic. Maybe just because i'm a sucker for dramatic callbacks, but regardless it was really good.

Although, it's a shame that with Haikyuu ending Jump is now without the best Shonen genre. Hopefully it's not too long till they find a new sports series.

Literally the first time Jump is without a sports series since the 1960s.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
This is the first time Jump has not had a Sports manga in it since the 60s.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mabels big day posted:

ive been pretty forgiving of the nudity in Undead Unluck but I do not like the new chapter for it. Tatiana's power is cool, and it makes sense why she is the way she is, but man you had to make the choice to make her a little girl whose power means she can't wear clothes huh. Sigh.

The Orb is pretty much her clothes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Liked how Andy took down Rip in the new Undead Unluck.

Also liked that explanation of why Rip explains his powers to those he uses it on. He can't be killed by those trying to save themselves by killing him, as it's considered a way of trying to heal and thus he negates it.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 24, 2020

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RatHat posted:

In the latest Fire Force chapter it is confirmed that Shinra is literally that world's version of Jesus. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

That's more Sho who has angel symbology. Also it's unlikely that it was just straight virgin birth. I am betting on the Evangelists meddling.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

mabels big day posted:

Undead Unluck just had a multi-month timeskip, which is giving me the same kind of rushed editor vibes that Time Paradox manga had too. Kind of a shame but I'm not sure how much longer this series has

It had a multi month timeskip cause the series was getting to the next set of missions, which were super interesting.

Like other then to watch Fuuko and Chikara train, there was no reason not to skip to the next set of missions.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't think undead unluck is gooing anywhere but tbf kimetsu no yaiba ended right as it got extremely popular

Well unlike Yaiba. Undead Unluck does not appear to be in the middle of its final arc

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like Andy now.

Edit: what a topper.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Never read the manga, but he was a pretty generic evil overlord in the anime from what little I remember.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

On another note I finally started reading Eden’s Zero. Apart from the female leads basically being Lucy and Wendy with different names (and the lead essentially just being black haired Natsu) it seems to do a decent enough job of making itself unique.

Though out of curiosity, why is Happy from Fairy Tail here (seriously, Hiro didn’t even bother giving him a new name)?

Who's the Wendy?

Also the Hiro explained the Happy thing. Namely it was originally going to be a new character then he realized it was just going to be basically happy and so decided to just have it be happy.

But yes he also likes making References to his old works.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Larryb posted:

Old post but:

https://edenszero.fandom.com/wiki/Homura_Kōgetsu

For some reason it doesn’t work if I directly link it so just copy/paste.

Homura does not even look like Wendy other than Hair color. Personality is way different too.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth TNT posted:

There's no way she isn't joining later.

She is an ally, but I don't think she will join the main cast.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well yes Elise Crimson is for sure a reference to Erza Scarlet.

Rebecca and Lucy have some differences design wise, but she is fairly clearly inspired by Lucy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Silver2195 posted:

Several Eden's Zero characters have different personalities from the Fairy Tail characters with similar designs. Rebecca is both sillier and more bloodthirsty than Lucy, for example.

Homura does not even look like Wendy design wise however.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabricated posted:

To be fair he's the only mega-dangerous special grade curse left. Dagon, the plant guy, and Jogou all got waxed. The cursed fetus guy is pretty clearly not on the level of Jogou/Mahito/etc, and all of the mook-tier sorcerers are dead I think now.

It's kind of funny that Jogo got beaten down like he did. Considering that he was the most powerful of the Disaster Curses and probably the second most powerful Curse we have seen after Sukuna. (Considering he was considered to be almost half as strong as a full powered Sukuna.)

Like Mahito at the start was considered to be about half as strong as Jogo.

Still from Jogo's final moments they implied that the Disaster Curses will return in someway if Mahito does something.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Oct 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Brought To You By posted:

This is of course still ignoring the possibility that Mahito just activates his domain and instant wins against Todo. It's not like he doesn't have that ace up his sleeve.[/spoiler]

Mahito was weaker than the other Disaster Curses in pure curse power output so it's possible Todo or someone else could overpower his domain with their own.