Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
I enjoyed the crab battle in Red Hood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
I blame repeat syllables on Bobobobobobohowdoistopbo

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
Red Hood has gone beyond ordinary metatext commentary. Was this always the intended endgame? Is the author a fan of Cabin in the Woods?

I miss the crab tank.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
Ah, man, I like Neru. :(

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
Insane chapter 1 theory- crafting (Ayashimon Ed.): Opening narrator text says the mob boss guy died in 199x. This, along with brand recognition, explains why Maruo references part 3 JoJo, Fist of the North Star, Kinnikuman, etc. Says he trained himself to be like a manga protagonist.

Dude's last name is Kaido. And he is the strongest creature so far.

Now, I'm not saying the whole series is a big set up for a long-form One Piece reference, but it'd be funny as hell if it was.

Ayashimon rules.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
Quite liked Eyeshield.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
And shark mascot / poster gal.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
I think Doppo there is a fake-out. More tanuki and/or fox based trickery. Possibly sack related.

The stealth brawl was pretty fun to read.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
I quite enjoyed Ayashimon and I'm totally bummed it was canned. :(

Hypothetical arc ideas. (Arcdeas? No, too forced.):
-Negotiations with the yokai/folk monsters from a different region. Maybe even throw in like a mothman or domovoi or whatnot for the international crowd. Leads to punching.
-Hashihime got added to Doppo's creepy art collection, but Urara & Co. rescue her and sort-of revive her with a pile of money earned through a big scam. Leads to punching.
-Big ol' look inside Doppo's head. Leads to punching.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
Shinohara has powerful comedy skills. Usually

Antagonist-man from Super phone seems kinda culty.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
In my heart, Ayashimon just got to the start of the Hashihime rescue arc. Ten gets a chance to look cool while Maruo clowns on another enforcer out of sheer cussedness. Fox girl gets some character development following a conversation with Urara. Kotton and the bikers run afoul of the Onmyo cops traffic division. Maybe throw in a Kinnikuman reference, I dunno.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
Jacket with the two-tone lapels looks familiar, but cannot pinpoint the memory. Perhaps he is the everyman of everymen, a Platonic form writ blandly.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
Alpha Manga runs like that, too, which is a bummer because there is no other official source for May I Ask for One Final Thing or Observation Log of my Fiancee. Would like to buy those, but can only buy tickets to rent instead.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb

ImpAtom posted:

Also why a chainsaw gets displayed prominently

Oh; it is not a Monster Princess / Princess Resurrection revival (ha) then? :smith:

(I know she only used the chainsaw but a handful of times, but stars and stones were they memorable)

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
I'm gonna queue up Smile Bomb for listening. Or that gothy string-heavy number for Kurama. Nightmare? Think it was called Nightmare.

Lot of good memories with this one.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
This guy could save the universe if he only had some guts.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb
Earthchild is the first title to hand, but surely the depths offer darker horrors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

Cybernetic Crumb

Fabricated posted:

Yami is one of the best/funniest mentor characters in shonen too

:hai: