Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Wark Say posted:

The only "bad Eva clone" type show that I feel can kinda still stand some of the test of time is RahXephon, which I'm probably rewatching after I'm done rewatching this, because it's also been a while (probably not as long as EVA, though!)

Rah isn't bad at all, excuse you. :colbert: It's still prolly the best of the obvious Eva rips out there, one of my fave anime period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

hopeandjoy posted:

Everybody finds love in the end.

That's Rahxephon.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Happened to catch eoe on stars or showtime in the mid '00s. It was the first bit of eva I ever saw, hoo boy lol

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

That wound up being...somehow exactly like what I was expecting. It was like EVA never left. And now it's gone.

Very good film.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

RhymesWithTendon posted:

Where there would normally be end credits that give you time to sit and ponder what you've just watched, this one was just a fade to black, then the house lights going up immediately. It was beautifully jarring, and the mood of the crowd was something like, "Wow, that was weird, oh well, time to go home!" As people were filing out and trying to explain and interpret the film to each other, the shared befuddlement made me feel oddly connected to the other viewers in a way that I'm not sure any other movie screening I've attended has pulled off.

My viewing of Boy and the Heron went exactly like this