Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Truth coming from Shinji himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL8pvC3mxGo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I just finished watching this show for the first time. I have never been so enraged by a TV show than when they play the it was all a dream in the last episode. Even if baloney pony is awesome.

I would watch the wacky high school antics version of Eva in a heartbeat

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 22, 2013

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

It's not "all a dream," although there are plenty of other reasons to be mad at the TV ending. (Personally I don't think there are many good ones, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. :v: )

Anyways, watch the movie, it overlaps or replaces episodes 25 and 26 depending on who you ask.

I liked the rest of the ending, it's just my blood pressure spike when Asuka said that she was Shinji's best childhood friend. It just seemed so...anime, you know?

I don't think that I would like an action ending to the series, though. It was so not about Gendo's stupid plot that anything with the Angels and SEELE would just destroy the show for me.

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 22, 2013

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

ViggyNash posted:

Like someone already mentioned it was supposed to be stupidly cliche. One thing you have to know about Eva is that it is Anno's way of criticizing the anime industry, as well as its shameful fanbase. The show was supposed to seem like a cookie-cutter action mecha show on purpose so that when he actually came around to show us how shameful a person Shinji actually is it would surprise the audience since he's supposed to be the hero figure. Of course, this pissed of pretty much everyone, including Gainax to some extent, even to the point were someone ever wrote death threats against on the Gainax building, not to mention all the hate mail he probably got. If you haven't watched EoE, it is Anno's direct response to the actions of the fanbase that freaked out. Supposedly, it even has some images of the death threats in its live-action segment.

Wait, so that was on purpose? I thought that EVA had some weird out of place fan service, but I didn't think it went that far. In that case, this is the best calculated gently caress You in anime history. Awesome :allears:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Shinji finally gets to run away.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Is it ever explained why giant robots have to be piloted by incredibly broken 14 year olds?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Wait, how does that work? Rei doesn't have a mom. Unless the EVA is her mom :tinfoil:

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Wait, that means that Shinji groped his mom. :barf: Anno's loving nasty.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I thought that was just Gendo being awesome, like he is in every episode.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Am I the only one who thought that PenPen was going to be an Angel? The about the characters menu on the Perfect Collection DVD said that he "knows more about the Angels than he lets on..." I thought that was EVA codeword for HE'S A PENGUIN ANGEL.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ok. Since we're back to videos, take this masterpiece:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omLgv9lJ9jE

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

cafel posted:

Rebuild 4.0 is two hours of Shinji periodically visiting a therapist interspersed with domestic scenes in which he applies coping techniques for his crippling social anxieties and slowly builds himself up into a self actualized human being. Fans demand to know why Shinji is still a pussy and doesn't just man up and kill his depression in hand to hand combat.

That would unironically be my favorite movie ever

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

That guy shouldn't be playing a Bach 42T if he can't get the right tone on it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hello, goatse, my old friend

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I want an Eva spinoff from the angels' perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ak Gara posted:

Gendo's not a bad bloke, really. In that flashback where he forced open the ejection plug and horribly burned his hands to save Rei, ...maybe it's just Shinji he hates?

He saves Rei because she is a clone of Yui. If it was someone other than Yui, he wouldn't have cared.