Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
I just came here to post that

Evangelion rocks
Rebuild of Evangelion rocks
One Last Kiss rocks
Anno rocks
It all fuckin' rocks

and I hope you have a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014
Caught the EoE release at the local indie theatre last night.

A very strange experience. I don't know if it was due to discomfort or whatever, but a lot of people were laughing at parts I didn't really think were all that funny. If a noise is vaguely sexual, despite context, it got guffaws - the same thing happened when I saw Suzume of all things. Asuka's last line is apparently the funniest thing on earth. :shrug:

Maybe Evangelion is just serious business to me, compared to others.

As someone who has only seen EoE on my trusty Manga Entertainment DVD from back in the day, seeing it in higher quality on a big screen was like having clouds part in front of me. So many things I missed visually that popped and looked incredible. Some spectacular framing and animation.