Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

1karus posted:

I'm surprised no one pointed out that the 3.33 bluray/DVD release is 04/24/13

Not to get all :filez: but is there any chance this one will be leaked early? Were either of the first two leaked?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
Six pages late for the disciple/apostle chat, but I didn't see it mentioned that in the Japanese version the Angels are actually called Apostles. Thought that was interesting.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
I recently watched Ideon: Be Invoked, and the (not sure why I'm spoiling this) live-action waves crashing on the rocks at the very end reminded me a lot of the live-action waves crashing on the rocks at the beginning of the Eva films. Coincidence?

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Spiritus Nox posted:

End of Eva? Things got pretty harsh in their little heart-to-heart during instrumentality, albeit in a colder way than they did in Rebuild.

Yeah but was that actually Asuka, or the compartmentalization of some portion of his psyche which he struggled to integrate during the process of Instrumentality?

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

It's too bad he'll miss out on the best way to view End of Eva, which is in Japanese, no subtitles, with no prior knowledge of the show, on drugs.

I had subtitles, but with all the cough syrup it hardly mattered.

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
TCC in my ADTRW? It's more likely than you think!

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
Ironic nerdism ITWC

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
Reminder that the "Angels" are actually Apostles in the original Japanese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrowsmith
Feb 6, 2006

SAGANISTA!
Kaworu is an Apostle so a priest sort of works.