Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Rhoga and I visited my mom on Sunday, and Tess really liked hanging out in her flowers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

It's not the best quality, since I had to use my 3DS camera (my phone was in the other room and I didn't want Casey to get up). On the other hand, I now have a 3D photo of my doofy buddy.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

It's Casey's birthday today!

That means more burgers.

Casey, you're not very good at this.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Apparently this is Tess's bed now.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

Jake working so hard to get comfortable:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

bamhand posted:

Any tips for a new dog owner? Things I should have ready? I'm supposed to go see some of the adoptable dogs tomorrow and I'm preparing a list of things I'll need for taking one home. So far I have:

Crate
Doggy bed
Food/water bowls
Leash
Collar
Muzzle
Toys
Nail Clippers
Brush
Toothbrush

Am I missing anything? What are toys that are good for greyhounds? Chew toys? What is a good water bowl/bottle for keeping inside the crate?

You mentioned a collar, but you might want to have two-- a regular collar to wear all the time for tags, and a martingale collar just for walks so they can't slip away.

The toys depend on the individual dog. Casey really loves chasing squeaky tennis balls, but Tess prefers those crunchy water bottle toys. I'd just get a variety of toys and rotate them to see what they like best.

Bonus Doc Pic:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

a slime posted:

Abby likes to lord over her treasures like a tiny dragon

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Today is Casey's 8th birthday!

Tess got some too:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I have some sad news. Last Friday, Casey passed away unexpectedly. We think it was most likely a blood clot.

At around 11pm we let the dogs out into the back yard, and he ran outside as enthusiastically as always. About 2 minutes later I went to let them back in and he was unresponsive. We have an emergency vet just down the street, and they tried CPR but it was too late. At least since it was so sudden he couldn't have suffered.

It's been a difficult week for me and Rhoga. Casey was full of enthusiasm and always made his presence known. So there are a lot of little things that remind me of his absence. Like how every time I got dressed, he would come nose my legs while I was trying to put on pants.

Here's my favorite picture of Casey. Rhoga took it on Tess's birthday two years ago:

This big dummy didn't realize he was too large to sit on my lap. He did this on his own, I didn't pull him over:

What's personal space?

You can see in that last photo he had a bandage on his foot, from one of his many foot injuries. He really loved to run, and overdid it sometimes. Tennis balls were his favorite:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZK0-Al5nCmU

He was a good boy.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Thanks for your kind words, everyone. Here's some pictures of Tess, since she's been helping to comfort us.

I mean look at this weirdo!

She loves pillows, and made one out of the pair of comforters we have on the spare bed. They're supposed to keep her off the sheets, whoops.

She even has her own pillow!

And here she is being a desk dog.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I don't think I ever posted one of my other favorite pictures of Casey. You can tell he was a big monster because the sticker on his noggin says so :3:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tess loves blankets more than pillows:

What even is this?

Rhoga's parents bought a new sectional and we got their old one. We use three brown blankets to act as a slipcover...

Bonus closeup:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tess loves blankets, Round 2:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

I just realized I never posted Tess's birthday :burger: photos

http://i.imgur.com/VcKGryJ.gifv

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

New tag collars!

Also, Tennyson loves toys. Rhoga put most of them away a couple days ago but Tennyson got them all back out of the toy basket.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

After I posted yesterday I put away all but three toys. This morning:

I didn't even know we had 2 elephant toys!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Drunk Beekeeper posted:

Ah I can see you got him from AAGI! I recognize that Petco and the person posing him :)

Yeah! :)

Also, today is Tennyson's birthday! Here are some pics from this morning.

And of course... a birthday :burger:

(don't worry about sad Tess in the background, she got the other half)

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tess trying real hard to get me to give her my lunch. It was a double-stack from Wendy's, like they get on their birthdays.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tess today:

Bonus close-up:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tennyson's favorite toy was the big pizza, but it kept coming apart at the seams. After it had to be repaired a few times, we got him a sturdier big toy.

It became his new favorite, so we got another toy from the same company.

Tess likes them too.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

The brand is Fluff & Tuff, and we got them off Amazon. They have a bunch of different options, but here is the gator and the trout.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

There was an extra waffle after breakfast:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tess has been stuck in bed for a few months due to a re-occurrence of valley fever. It's in her neck, and the swelling in her spine weakened her back legs so she can't stand or walk without help. She's been improving very slowly, and is in a good mood at least. And she gets lots of hot dogs with her pills.

She :burger: turned 9 on April 1 :burger:

Tennyson got some burger too. He was very excited so all of my pictures of him were blurry.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tess was always a little clumsy when she tried to scratch behind her ear with her back foot. Sometimes I'd see her trying and go help her out, and she quickly learned to beg for scritches by staring at me, whining, and making a few halfhearted attempts herself.
https://i.imgur.com/el0u9CT.mp4

One time I caught a video of her actually scratching behind her ear successfully! Well, mostly...
https://i.imgur.com/n7ebE70.mp4

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Tennyson is sleeping in my office right now, face down in his bed, which Casey did all the time. A couple days ago I looked through my photos of both of them and found some similar ones, and this has reminded me to post them:

I'm not sure if we ever mentioned, but they're actually first cousins (one shared grandsire).

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

:burger: Today is Tennyson's 5th birthday! :burger:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

He likes this fuzzy bathmat as much as his actual beds (we put it next to our desks).

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

jesus WEP posted:

so graceful, so elegant

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

We adopted another greyhound last Friday! His name is Mac and he is about 4.5 years old. He is a very playful and sweet boy.

Here's a picture from his and Tennyson's introductory walk. They're pretty similar in size.

He loves toys, and he and Tennyson will run together in the back yard if I throw a ball.

Also his favorite spot seems to be the fuzzy bathmat that we keep next to the couch and computer.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

We got a new dog bed a few days ago since a couple of the old ones were kind of flat and lumpy:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Mac figured out how to get on the couch.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Over the course of the day, Mac has pushed all the blankets onto the floor, including the one we use instead of a slip cover.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

jesus WEP posted:

sounds like hard work, he’ll need a good long nap after that

From later that day:

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Here's one of Tennyson:

And both of them together:

I took that one night after Tennyson initially wouldn't go to bed when we told him to. He stayed in there the second time, and it turned out he was just confused because Mac had stolen his bed! He still managed to lie down on the very edge though.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Radiation Cow posted:

As an ear expert, I feel it's safe to say that Tennyson has excellent ears. Mac needs to cooperate more for a full evaluation.

Low quality photo but high quality ears. Mac's are really floppy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

:burger:Today is Tennyson's birthday:burger:

Also I forgot to post the pictures from :burger:Mac's birthday:burger: last month.